Sign in to follow this  
Four More Beers

In January, 2001:

1) George W. Bush and ###### Cheney were inaugurated

2) The national average retail price for a gallon of midgrade gasoline was $1.526

Today the national average is $3.098.

The price has risen 103% in the 5 years since the two oilmen took office.

I know someone is slobbering on their keyboard racing to tell me that the President doesn't have anything to do with the price of gas. Let me repeat - 103% in 5 years.

2) The national average retail price for a gallon of midgrade gasoline was $1.526

I know someone is slobbering on their keyboard racing to tell me that the President doesn't have anything to do with the price of gas. Let me repeat - 103% in 5 years.

[/quote

$3.29 for a gallon of regular unleaded in Hawaii baby, YEAH! :huh:

How many refineries have the treehuggers allowed us to build in that time?

And how is that Anwar drilling going?

How many refineries have the treehuggers allowed us to build in that time?

And how is that Anwar drilling going?

We didn't build any refineries or drill in ANWR during the Clinton administration, either, yet somehow he was able to keep gas prices in line with inflation.

We didn't build any refineries or drill in ANWR during the Clinton administration, either, yet somehow he was able to keep gas prices in line with inflation.

How'd he do that? Did he prevent the price of crude oil from rising?

CBS and NBC Stick With Gas Pains, Ignore Wednesday’s Huge Price Decline

Posted by Noel Sheppard on May 4, 2006 - 14:44.

The wholesale price of oil and gasoline took a huge drop on the commodities markets Wednesday. But, you never would have known it from watching the broadcast networks’ evening news programs. In fact, the pain at the pump mantra continued in earnest at CBS and NBC without even the slightest mention of a greater than $2 decline in oil prices and an almost 9 cent decline in gasoline prices on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Instead, the NBC “Nightly News” did two pieces dealing with rising energy prices, including one about the politics of the problem. Brian Williams began the report: “Also in Washington tonight, these days, as we know, a lot of high anxiety over gas prices, and more political fighting over what to do about it.” Williams handed it off to David Gregory who concluded: “Amid all the anxiety tonight, some hope. Oil industry sources and administration officials say, given a recent boost in the supply of gas, that prices could actually come down, at least a bit, this summer.” Might have been a nice time to tell the viewers that they already have. In fact, after reaching a wholesale price high of $2.23 per gallon a few weeks, yesterday’s close of $2.09 represents a six percent decline in about eleven trading days. I guess energy prices are only newsworthy when they go up.

http://newsbusters.org/

Another lol.

"Why can't the Almighty Govt. keep me from any inconveniences?"

Take an Eco course, Numbnuts. :thumbsdown:

How'd he do that? Did he prevent the price of crude oil from rising?

well, for one he didn't start any wars that hindered supply and caused significant upward speculation on the price of oil.

CBS and NBC Stick With Gas Pains, Ignore Wednesday’s Huge Price Decline

Posted by Noel Sheppard on May 4, 2006 - 14:44.

The wholesale price of oil and gasoline took a huge drop on the commodities markets Wednesday. But, you never would have known it from watching the broadcast networks’ evening news programs. In fact, the pain at the pump mantra continued in earnest at CBS and NBC without even the slightest mention of a greater than $2 decline in oil prices and an almost 9 cent decline in gasoline prices on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Instead, the NBC “Nightly News” did two pieces dealing with rising energy prices, including one about the politics of the problem. Brian Williams began the report: “Also in Washington tonight, these days, as we know, a lot of high anxiety over gas prices, and more political fighting over what to do about it.” Williams handed it off to David Gregory who concluded: “Amid all the anxiety tonight, some hope. Oil industry sources and administration officials say, given a recent boost in the supply of gas, that prices could actually come down, at least a bit, this summer.” Might have been a nice time to tell the viewers that they already have. In fact, after reaching a wholesale price high of $2.23 per gallon a few weeks, yesterday’s close of $2.09 represents a six percent decline in about eleven trading days. I guess energy prices are only newsworthy when they go up.

http://newsbusters.org/

People don't buy unrefined crude oil, or gas wholesale. They buy it retail. The price of retail gas is up.

well, for one he didn't start any wars that hindered supply and caused significant upward speculation on the price of oil.

So do you believe we should not have added any refineries or drilled as I suggested?

Do do you believe we should not have added any refineries or drilled as I suggested?

who's we? The oil companies can build them whenever they want. They don't want to, for obvious reasons.

who's we? The oil companies can build them whenever they want. They don't want to, for obvious reasons.

And the obvious reasons are that because of the Eco-Nuts it would cost them more in legal fees than it would in construction fees.

Thank your local Eco-Nut for your $3 gas.

And the obvious reasons are that because of the Eco-Nuts it would cost them more in legal fees than it would in construction fees.

Thank your local Eco-Nut for your $3 gas.

No, the obvious reason is that more oil hurts profits.

Are you really that blind that you believe this? :blink:

Are you really that blind that you believe this? :blink:

Are you really that naive to believe otherwise? Why increase supply and mess with record profits?

Are you really that naive to believe otherwise? Why increase supply and mess with record profits?

WTF?

I thought the high prices were because of price gouging from "Big Oil".

Now you claim it's a supply and demand issue.

Make up your mind.

WTF?

I thought the high prices were because of price gouging from "Big Oil".

Now you claim it's a supply and demand issue.

Make up your mind.

they are two sides of the same kind. You gouge prices in times of low supply, dumbass. "Despite an abundance of open, cheap hotel rooms, Olympic officials accused Atlanta hoteliers of price gouging." :thumbsup:

they are two sides of the same kind. You gouge prices in times of low supply, dumbass. "Despite an abundance of open, cheap hotel rooms, Olympic officials accused Atlanta hoteliers of price gouging." :thumbsup:

TJ called RP a dumbass...... :o

I can just picture the slapfight that would ensue.. :banana:

...and the wheels on Turbin goes round and round, round and round..........

So, exactly what did all the investigation of "price gouging" of hotel rooms in Atlanta find? Seems to me all you have brought forth to support your position is "accusations", not facts.

Some things never change.

And....??? So.....????

Then do something about it, rather than cry.

From what I can see from my vantage point, this has nothing to do with supply and demand.

I can't see any shortage on the supply of gas----OH wait....there is a shortage----of $2.00 gas.

There is plenty of $3.09 gas, however. :thumbsup:

Can I still blame Bush?

Yesterday the train was late, so I started blaming Bush, but the people on the platform just looked at me oddly.....dont they know :thumbsup:

From what I can see from my vantage point, this has nothing to do with supply and demand.

There is plenty of $3.09 gas, however. :doh:

Hook me up! :music_guitarred: