Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Torrid/ Cdub pick controversy!

Look guys, to be quite honest I am at odds here. In all honesty, it doesnt matter to me who gets Helton. I've been so busy the last couple days with my grandpa's passing, that this draft in reality seems kind of petty to me. So I really don't know where to go or what to do.

To catch some of you up, I posted a time limit starting Wednesday. Even here, I mentioned that I thought we needed to be leniant with the crappiness of FFT as of late, and since we were rolling I wasnt doing much to enforce the time limit. But to Cdub's credit, it was in effect.

Here's what torrid emailed me:

Subject: Re: homers

To: <cmh6476@yahoo.com>

wtf are you talking about? You told me I was up, I picked, you emailed

back, I

picked another guy. What does cdub have to budge about? FFT was down. I

was

relying on you to tell me when to pick. I responded pretty quickly both

times,

didn't I?

All I know is you sent me emails and I made picks. People accidentally

take

guys already taken, all the time. I'm sorry for the mistake, but you

don't get

SKIPPED. WTF?

<cmh6476@yahoo.com> wrote:

> it doesnt look like cdub is budging, and the others appear to be

sticklers as to the time limit saying yours was exceeded. can you pick another

player for me? I'm really not trying to be an ###### here.

And Cdub and a few others that posted in the draft thread, seem to be of the thought that since his time limit expired torrid then had rights to Helton.

In all honesty, I see where you both are coming from. And to be frank, I just dont have the time to email all 18 guys and have a vote on this. I am hoping you two can come to a responable resolution. The fact of the matter is, we need to get this thing done today so we all have our supp. guys by Monday. Can someone please help me out here and just keep this thing on track so we can finish it up.

And if you see it has moved, and someone else is up please email them (through yahoo league is easiest) to wrap this thing up?

I dont want to be an ###### and I hate that this has come to this. Somebody be the bigger man and take one for the team.

TIA

If the site was down (I dont know because I seldom checked) then Helton should go to torrid. Issue settled.

If the site was down (I dont know because I seldom checked) then Helton should go to torrid. Issue settled.

I agree with this. However, I don't think the site was down during this time period.

As a solution, I'll be more than happy to give either one of them Casey Kotchman for their pick.

I don't know exactly when it was down and when it was up. But there was a point just before my pick when cmh IMed me and said "So and so is picking; I have the next guy's proxy, and then you're up....but now FFT is down again." So I waited until cmh told me it was my turn. I picked (obviously it was up then), and didn't think about the draft again (since it was one round) until cmh emailed back to say Gomes was gone. I moved on to Helton as my next choice, and emailed cmh back with it. Between the time I found out I had made the mistake with Gomes, and the time I sent my next pick back to him, I show all of two minutes expired.

So what I'm gathering is that I'm being held responsible for the time between when I made my initial pick, and when I was notified that guy was already taken. I really have to say I don't think that's particularly fair. If this were a full draft where I had more picks coming up and you have a responsibility to hang around and make sure people aren't waiting on you, that might be different. But this was one pick, get in, get out, boom.

I did miss Gomes in the list. That's my bad; I apologize. Part of the confusion is that I was looking at the FA list on Yahoo, and Gomes was still available. It looked to me like some of the guys taken were already on rosters, and I jumped to the conclusion too quickly that Gomes was not taken.

Most of you know that I'm not a draft problem. I make the pick right when I'm told the vast majority of the time, and I don't just disappear some days without telling anyone. I'm sorry for all the confusion. I made pick, found out about my mistake, and immediately made another pick. I didn't realize all this was going on.

Just make a decision, toofy. You're the commish and thats what you're getting paid to do. Quit being Bud Selig and try being Kenesaw Mountain Landis for a minute.

Just make a decision, toofy. You're the commish and thats what you're getting paid to do. Quit being Bud Selig and try being Kenesaw Mountain Landis for a minute.

if it were up to me, id give torrid the benefit of the doubt and let him have helton. But i'm not tryin to make any enemies here :P

All I know is I've been royally screwed this year. My team blows yet some how I'm at the bottom of the sup draft list. A time limit was establish I assume to keep the draft going not only did torrid take more then the time limit allowed, but he picked a player that was already taken.

Make a decision cmh

not only did torrid take more then the time limit allowed

:thumbsdown: elapsed time between pick 1.13 and 1.14:

24 minutes.

As far as I knew I'd made a pick. No one corrected me until 2pm, and then I picked again immediately.

:thumbsdown: elapsed time between pick 1.13 and 1.14:

24 minutes.

As far as I knew I'd made a pick. No one corrected me until 2pm, and then I picked again immediately.

yeah, I can see where he screwed up cause he thought everyone was adding their guys they drafted as they went. he saw gomes available on yahoo and thought he had yet to be drafted. If I had been here to see it I would have shot an email as soon as I did. Instead, I was attending to personal matters.

Someone should have emailed torrid and said the guy he took was taken. if they had, he would have been back in an instant to change his pick. but for what other reason was he suppossed to come and check the homer bored? :wub:

Yeesh--the one major hole I need to fill is OF, so half the players taken are OF. :banana: :banana:

Based on this, Torrid should've just taken the high road and selected the next best OF. :huh:

Based on this, Torrid should've just taken the high road and selected the next best OF. :huh:

Which turned out to be Grady Sizemore. Ugh. That's why I switched gears and took a much better player, rather than a guy to fill a slot. Since I have chump cheese at Util too, I figured I could bump Nick the Stick down there and get a real 1B. There was no "high road" involved; all I was doing was reacting to the news that my 1st guy was already gone.

Also I picked up helton because he should of been mine. So he's on Waivers right now

When I saw FFT was down, I did this. That way there would be no mistake about it that my pick was on time. :wall:

i say we rename the name the tood helton f-shop and we kick him out of the league and they both pick again..

its tood helton, not al pujols...no one gets the punter and all resumes...

and in the meantime, ill fire off a random hate letter to tood at his hosiptal bed in denver for being an f-tard and messing this up...

(in summary..i just picked him up) lets get it started in here :huh:

Between this mess and the trading draft picks a few years ago and then learning I shouldn't have (without a rule) when I tried to get Portis, this league is run poorly...sorry cmh...make a decision (sorry about grandpa)

I still side with cdub tho, it's still on torrid to pick someone who hasn't been drafted...he didn't and it's not our responsibility to let him know immediately so I say let cdub have him...also that torrid didn't pick an OF after all he said makes me think they he gets Grady Sizemore who isn't a bad choice...he's no Adam Dunn tho hehe

Well this turned out well. ;)

And I agree with what laxboy said.