Sign in to follow this  
Ed Suspicious

Donald Driver Chews Peter Brown a New One

Donald Driver vs. Peter Brown

Peter “What when I said you’re not better than Jerry Rice….you don’t agree?”

Driver “No, I agree with that. But you were saying Walker was so much better than me….he deserved the extension and I didn’t.

Peter “Well it’s apparent because without Walker you guys were 4-12”...

Driver has a real attitude. Chip on his shoulder. I love it.

Thanks for the article. Its good to hear from Driver after being quiet and content for so long. Most of us Packer fans are equally as frustrated dealing with everyone condeming the Packers after one bad season after a dozen good ones. I think this team had a wake up call and the vets will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. This could be a dangerous and unpredictable team.

Driver has had a better career than Walker.

Packers didn't suck last year cause of Driver or cause Walker was hurt.

Driver has had a better career than Walker.

Packers didn't suck last year cause of Driver or cause Walker was hurt.

Walker being hurt was certainly a part of it.

They lacked a WR who could stretch the field to help open up some running room.

NOTE: Before a bunch of people jump off the deep end, I am not saying it was the only reason...just part of it.

As for Driver...nice to see he has that fire in him. Disappointed that he made the comments about being the quickets WR on the team and he is the Packers #1 guy. Seems a bit boastful for him rather than talking more about the team.

I love it. Driver ultimately talks of team. And that's after he put Walker and this Peter guy in their places about his own consistency and production.

I saw Henderson's shoulder chip too. I hope all the Packer vets are pissed. That's the main thing that was missing under Sherman--passion. An improved top-10 defense and a healthier offense could be a great recipe for some surprises. It's almost nice to be an underdog again after so long in the division's "Driver's seat."

That's the main thing that was missing under Sherman--passion.

Absolutely, 100% correct. I've said this all along. This team never looked fired up and ready to play. Sherman, while a very good Xs and Os guy, was never, ever a leader of men. Never. He didn't command respect, and it took drawn our impassioned speaches just to get one emotional performance out of the team. His approach had grown completely stale. It was time for a change.

brown made some great points.

touche.

so when walker demands to be paid...he's a diva...but when driver makes ego claims like this...he's great? hell, walker showed a lot of "passion" too. ditto mckenzie.

nice spin.

touche.

so when walker demands to be paid...he's a diva...but when driver makes ego claims like this...he's great? hell, walker showed a lot of "passion" too. ditto mckenzie.

nice spin.

Nice try.

Walker demanded...then whined to the media...then made threats to the front office.

Driver makes his claims, and backs them up on the field.

Walker showed passion...just a bit misguided towards a team game...same with McKenzie.

touche.

so when walker demands to be paid...he's a diva...but when driver makes ego claims like this...he's great?

nice spin.

The claims he made were disappointing to hear. No doubt. But, everything Driver says is pretty accurate. Consistently, Driver is one of the most underrated wide receivers in the NFL. He just does it year after year with little fanfare. Walker may have more 'big play' ability, but Driver has been Mr. Reliable, and he's shut his mouth and gone about his business. I don't fault Driver for being angry, either. His production is being overlooked, big time.

Are you telling me you don't respect Driver's approach to all of this? A seventh round pick, earned his way into a starting spot, and never publically aired any greivances about his pay? That's bad because why?

If you want to find fault with Driver's extension, then find it with Thompson. It was his decision.

Driver will always be a average wr.

Average WRs don't put up consistent 1000 yard seasons. Thanks though.

Absolutely, 100% correct. I've said this all along. This team never looked fired up and ready to play. Sherman, while a very good Xs and Os guy, was never, ever a leader of men. Never. He didn't command respect, and it took drawn our impassioned speaches just to get one emotional performance out of the team. His approach had grown completely stale. It was time for a change.

I don't really see McCarthy as a leader of men, either.

Driver earned his extension. Walker has not earned his extension. Walker has more potential than Driver does so his extension could be bigger if he can prove that he deserves it.

Thats the difference between these guys, its not rocket science. Just because Walker went to a different team doesn't mean the situation has changed at all. For all his pissing and moaning, Walker still has to prove he is one of the best WRs in the league before he gets his payday.

At the end of the day, both of these guys have a lot to prove this season and as a football fan, I am looking forward to seeing them both play.

Remains to be seen. However, Sherman proved time and time again that he could not handle it.

The claims he made were disappointing to hear. No doubt. But, everything Driver says is pretty accurate. Consistently, Driver is one of the most underrated wide receivers in the NFL. He just does it year after year with little fanfare. Walker may have more 'big play' ability, but Driver has been Mr. Reliable, and he's shut his mouth and gone about his business. I don't fault Driver for being angry, either. His production is being overlooked, big time.

Are you telling me you don't respect Driver's approach to all of this? A seventh round pick, earned his way into a starting spot, and never publically aired any greivances about his pay? That's bad because why?

If you want to find fault with Driver's extension, then find it with Thompson. It was his decision.

not faulting it at all. just noting that what he's saying and what walker said are pretty similar: both guys think they're the shiat and deserved to be paid. the only reason driver's situation didn't get ugly is because the packers hurried up and paid him (and had no choice: there is nothing on the roster of any proven substance behind driver. nothing).

packer fans have a selective memory. if a guy like driver wants a contract extension and the packers give him one, it's a great move! if a guy like walker wants one, it's "he signed the original contract--tough shiat!"

a bit hypocritical.

Nice try.

Walker demanded...then whined to the media...then made threats to the front office.

Driver makes his claims, and backs them up on the field.

Walker showed passion...just a bit misguided towards a team game...same with McKenzie.

and walker didn't back up his claims on the field?! this is the guy who did NOT get a dime raise or extension from the packers last year, came back to camp, and promptly blew out his knee. and all the while he was holding out last year you guys were "so sad, too bad, tough shiat: he signed a contract."

so didn't driver also sign a contract? you should also be against this if you were against walker getting anything.

nice try yourself.

*cough* bret perriman

Walker being hurt was certainly a part of it.

They lacked a WR who could stretch the field to help open up some running room.

This does not describe Walker.

packer fans have a selective memory. if a guy like driver wants a contract extension and the packers give him one, it's a great move! if a guy like walker wants one, it's "he signed the original contract--tough shiat!"

a bit hypocritical.

The only similarities here are they were both underpaid. Walker's approach, including the hiring of Drew Rosenhaus, set up a holdout from the beginning. That doesn't endear you to a team. Thompson shares some blame for that mess too. However Driver, while clearly feeling he deserved more money, never threatened to hold out to get it. Never hired an agent notrious for being an ass. Never told his QB to mind his own business. Just generally, never caused a disruption.

I understand what you're saying, but to me, the situations are quite different. Just my opinion.

What people tend to forget is that Walker and Driver have had Brett Favre throwing them the ball. Anyone remember how bad Freeman and Schroeder looked once they left the pack?

I bet Walker will not be as good as his break out year this upcoming season. Jake Plummer vs Brett is not a comparison. Yes Brett throws picks and makes dumb decisions, but you cannot deny that his WRs always get balls thrown to them that not many other Qbs could throw.

Anyone who decides to draft Walker high based on that potential he showed 2 years back will be highly disappointed. Not only did Walker have Brett throwing him the ball, he also had 3 TDs in one game against Indy (the shoot out). Denver's D will not let them get into many shoot outs, making it more difficult for Walker to get #s like 12 TDs

and walker didn't back up his claims on the field?! this is the guy who did NOT get a dime raise or extension from the packers last year, came back to camp, and promptly blew out his knee. and all the while he was holding out last year you guys were "so sad, too bad, tough shiat: he signed a contract."

so didn't driver also sign a contract? you should also be against this if you were against walker getting anything.

Driver has 3 1,000 yard seasons, as to where Walker had one great season. I think Driver earned his ability to voice his displeasure, as to where all Walker could do was say "yeah, well look what I did last year". I think their past performance is the separating factor in this situation.

Driver is in the right here. Like a previous poster pointed out, JW's stats are padded because our D was GODAWFUL that year. We were always behind, that will not happen with Denver, plus as also stated, JP does not compare to BF. Not a chance in hell.

The really funny thing about this story is about Peter Brown. Let me fill you in for those of you who don't know him. He is a certified a$$hole, career radio guy who has no roots in Milwaukee or Wis yet he is doing a Milwaukee radio show. He is actually from Chicago, so he is a Bears fan. He constantly rags on how much Wis. teams suck, how Ted Thompson sucks, how BF sucks etc. If you are a true Packer, Bucks or Brewers fan it is infuriating to listen to him. He actually had a topic one day that asked if Wis. could handle having a black qb (Vince Young), or a black Head Coach (Barry A) at Wis!!!!! WTF. Like there are scores of black head coaches and qbs across the country, he has to pick on Wis. and implicitly imply that we couldn't handle that. Mind you, this fukface is working at a Milwaukee radio station, I guess there is nothing like sh*tting where you eat!!!

Guess what PB? If a black head coach or qb is great and victorious, then we love him; if he sucks we hate him, just like every where else. You can put 'white' into that sentence and it would be the same result!! This is the level of douchbaggary this turd is involved in. He actually devoted a couple hours to this topic.

That is the real reason I love that Driver stuck it to him. Driver is now one of my top five favorite Packers of all time, just because of that. :banana:

I think most of you don't get what happened. Driver DID NOT demand more money or an extension, although there was a report he did. At mini camp he stated he was happy and all he was concerned with was the up coming season. Now how does that compare to Walker?

not faulting it at all. just noting that what he's saying and what walker said are pretty similar: both guys think they're the shiat and deserved to be paid. the only reason driver's situation didn't get ugly is because the packers hurried up and paid him (and had no choice: there is nothing on the roster of any proven substance behind driver. nothing).

a bit hypocritical.

A guy like Driver has proved it year in and year out that he deserved it...both by play on the field, and attitude off of the field. And what he got was alot less than what Walker was wanting. No hypocrisy needed...we save that for you.

And that is the only reason it did not get ugly? No, Id say the class of the player involved played a big part in that.

Walker backed it up for a year and a half...Driver much longer...and Driver also did not get paid what Walker was going for. Also, Driver asked for his deal in a year the Packers had money...unlike Walker who went for it the year they had to cut two probowl guards to get under the cap.

Yes, to a holdout, I do say, too bad you signed a contract.

Whoever said Driver did not sign a contract? I do not fault he nor Walker for asking for the raise. I fault, as did basically everyone including Favre, in the manner in which Walker went about it.

I was against Walker getting anything because of the threats of a holdout. Had they gone in and redone the deal before that, I would have had no problem with it other than figuring out the cap ramifications.

But nice try.

This does not describe Walker.

Ummm...huh? :angry:

Walker was extremely valueable as a guy to get down the field and open up running room. Also was big in going up for balls Favre threw poorly.

Are you seriously saying Walker was not good at going deep?

I don't blame Donald Driver for wanting more money seeing as he became the no. 1 WR on the team thanks to the Walker trade and besides, DD was going to make only $1.4 mil this year and $1.8 mil in 07 and that is VERY undervalued for a no.1 WR. Yes, he could have played the last 2 years of his contract for that amount of money, but the Pack wisley rewarded his efforts plus they knew they couldn't pay him peanuts for being the no.1 WR on the team.

Peter Brown is an ass for saying those things to Driver. I'm glad Driver ripped him a new one.

This was my favorite part of the interview:

"But I just wanted to let you know I thank you for your negative comments. And next time you call me up asking me to be on your show it will be a BIG NEGATIVE.”

Way to go DD.

This is Walker's one good season:

game/leading WR/ outcome

Carolina - Driver - win

Chicago - Walker - loss

Indianapolis - Walker - loss

New York (G's) - Walker - loss

Tennessee - Walker - loss

Detroit - Driver - win

Dallas - Walker - win

Washington - Walker -win

Minnesota - Walker - win

Houston - Driver- win

St Louis - Driver - win

Eagles - Walker - loss

Detroit - Driver Win

Jacksonville - Walker - loss

Minnesota - Driver - win

Chicago - Walker - win

Driver - leading wide receiver in 6 wins; leading wide receiver in no defeats

Walker - leading wide receiver in 4 wins; leading wide receiver in 6 losses

Good post...sounds like the Packers had their numbers in order here.