Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

**Stanely Cup Finals**

It sure looked like the goalie's fault. What an idiot. How the hell is he going to shake that off and play the next game against Carolina? He's f0cked. And so are the Oilers.

I wouldn't write the Oilers off just yet. They are a gritty bunch, and sometimes in the playoffs a team will rally around a new goalie. If Conklin or Markkanen make a few saves early in game 2 they could gather some confidence and get on a roll.

With that said, I hope the Canes close them out in game 5. Cause that is the only game I got tickets for. :clap:

~40~

It sure looked like the goalie's fault. What an idiot. How the hell is he going to shake that off and play the next game against Carolina? He's f0cked. And so are the Oilers.

reminds me of the lidstrom center-ice goal cloutier gave up in the conference finals in 2002 in game three with the canucks up 2-0 games. cloutier's confidence was crushed and the wings cruised after that.

there is no way on god's green earth the oilers win with conklin in the net--especially after that horrendous gaffe.

what's funny is that the oilers barely made the playoffs. it's been a cute little ride, but it'd be a disgrace for a team so low on the totem pole to win the cup. at least carolina is a good team.

Actually, the Oilers missed out on 5th place by 4 points and 3rd place by 8 points...they had a little lull near the end of the season but picked it up to make the playoffs and have been getting better as the playoffs go on.

Any team that makes the final deserves to be there, the NHL playoffs are not based on luck. Winning the Stanley Cup with a journeyman backup is another thing altogether though...tough break for the Oilers.

As has been said though - they should have held on to that lead BUT they have to be encouraged because Edmonton was clearly the better team for the majority of the game.

It was definately the goalie's fault, the defender thought he was just going to leave the puck still behind the net like goalies always do so he could gather some speed and just take the puck from behind the net with some momentum and work it out of their zone... Instead the backup backhanded the puck to him which bounced off of the defensemen's stick and right onto horshoe in his @ss Rod Brind'amore's stick right out front...all he had to do was turn around and place it in the open net.

Carolina's luck is unfockingbelievable

Actually, there was no way Smith was going behind the net since the Carolina player was on top of Ty (whichis why he tried to play it behind him and Smith deflected it in front).

Smith should have let Ty know he was there and Ty should have been more focused on what he was going to do with the puck.

We are totally screwed now - Conklin and Jussi are going to be letting in bad goal after bad goal. All season long I was optimistic - give them time maybe one will get better - after 60 games neither of them did. That's when they were playing consistently too - now they are also cold. It's going to be ugly because we are going to play well but Carolina is going to get bad goal after bad goal.

I live in Edmonton and that 3rd period was every Edmonton fans worst nightmare. Honestly, after watching a season full of Jussi and Conklin we are absolutely DOOMED. It's going to take a miracle for us to win now because especially after how we lost game 1 Carolina is going to be firing from everywhere and with our goalies it's going to work because they both give out more rebounds than Paris Hilton gives out the poon.

You want some cheese to go with that whine? :lol:

Sour grapes never smelled so bad. :o

GO CANES! :headbanger:

It's not whining, it's the facts. If Carolina fans can't deal with it, fine. Don't get me wrong, they have a great team. But they wouldn't be where they are without a lot of good fortune. But hey, more power to them.

Anybody know who is starting in goal tonight for Edmonton? :wacko:

I think it should be Jussi. I bet dollars to doughnuts though MacT gives Conklin the start. He has some permanent hard-on for the guy I just can't understand.

We are totally screwed now - Conklin and Jussi are going to be letting in bad goal after bad goal. All season long I was optimistic - give them time maybe one will get better - after 60 games neither of them did. That's when they were playing consistently too - now they are also cold. It's going to be ugly because we are going to play well but Carolina is going to get bad goal after bad goal.

I live in Edmonton and that 3rd period was every Edmonton fans worst nightmare. Honestly, after watching a season full of Jussi and Conklin we are absolutely DOOMED. It's going to take a miracle for us to win now because especially after how we lost game 1 Carolina is going to be firing from everywhere and with our goalies it's going to work because they both give out more rebounds than Paris Hilton gives out the poon.

be thankful. the oilers barely made the playoffs. every win from day 1 in the playoffs was gravy for this team. it's quite the story. be glad they made it this far through some bizarre miracle and aligning of the planets.

:unsure:

Actually, the Oilers missed out on 5th place by 4 points and 3rd place by 8 points...they had a little lull near the end of the season but picked it up to make the playoffs and have been getting better as the playoffs go on.

Any team that makes the final deserves to be there, the NHL playoffs are not based on luck. Winning the Stanley Cup with a journeyman backup is another thing altogether though...tough break for the Oilers.

As has been said though - they should have held on to that lead BUT they have to be encouraged because Edmonton was clearly the better team for the majority of the game.

any team that makes it deserves to be there? over HALF the teams in the league make the playoffs. how hard is that? i know it's a money thing--the more the merrier--but the integrity of the game has been compromised by these bloated playoff fields that allow so-so teams a chance at the cup. ridiculous.

Regardless of the percentage of the NHL that makes the playoffs these guys play 82 games for the honour of having a grueling playoff schedule - there is no loss of integrity.

I will also give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did not read my post...I explained how close they were to being as high as the 3 seed and I said any team that make it to the FINALS deserves to be there. No team has ever won the Stanley Cup without earning it.

I really don't mean this to be sarcastic but do you even watch hockey? The Oilers would have been an elite team if they had even halfway decent goaltending the whole season.

Lastly:

NBA 30 teams - 16 make playoffs

NHL 30 teams - 16 make playoffs

NFL 32 teams - 12 make playoffs

Lots of leagues let lots of teams in the playoffs.

Though ultimately going for the Canes, this is just sad.

the most boring, lopsided stanley cup final since the wings trounced the flyers in 97. and the capitals in 98.

carolina is mapping out the parade route right now.

I think it should be Jussi. I bet dollars to doughnuts though MacT gives Conklin the start. He has some permanent hard-on for the guy I just can't understand.

OK ENOUGH already!!! :(

first of all..NO edmonton coach has a stiffy for Ty...

Ty was fine his rookie year...he didnt suck this year..he had a nagging groin injury and rushed his way back...

as for THE play...Ty had it..a Canes guy approached him..he was intending to back hand it the entire way...

what is Smith, the CAPTAIN doing going to the back of the net? Conks couldnt ditch the puck and possibly leave it to the canes guy..it startled Ty and he was left trying to whip it past Jason and into the corner...

Jason got it..deflected it and missed his chance to clear..it was a matter of a team not used to Ty again..hes not a liability with the puck..stay back and yell for the puck and Ty will clear it..would a Devils d-man skate right next to Brodeur?..of course not...Why trap your own goalie with the puck?..Ty wanted to get it to a spot so Jason could clear..what would Jason have done with the puck behind the net?..a hit was coming..Brindamour was in the area..it was a bad decision at different times by TWO guys..not one..

Ty is part of the blunder..but to call him the suck is NOT accurate..only thing that stopped him from the USA olympic team was injury..

it was total bush league for Mactavish NOT to defend Ty in the press ocnference and say yeah, he messed up..

but hes rusty..i havent played him in 3 months..and to Tys defense..Jason shouldve stayed back with an eye on the front of the net..Ty cant desert the puck with 28 to go..and with the canes guy after the puck, he made the right move to get the puck...

Ty didnt give up the 3-0 lead..thats all on super goalie, the guy that all of a sudden Oilers fans cant live without..old backup..he had his run, but the Ds been solid..

Craig shouldve went right back with Ty..nice confidence boost coach..Jussi was a bit sievey tonight...

Tys going to win the entire series by himself..tell Edmonton to fock themselves and then hes going to St Louis or Pitt and I dont blame him...

kidding..he wont stoop to a low level...but he healthy finally..edmontons a fool not to run with him..and either way, after tonights show of confidence, he better be traded July 1..

carolina is mapping out the parade route right now.

A Stanley Cup parade down Hillsborough Street in Raleigh? :thumbsdown:

They better enjoy it if it happens, it'll be a while before the wolfies have another one :lol:

if ever again :lol:

Redneck Hockey! :wall:

So who wins the Conn Smythe? Cam Ward or Rod Brind'Amour :wall:

Parade down Glenwood Ave. :banana:

A Stanley Cup parade down Hillsborough Street in Raleigh? B)

They better enjoy it if it happens, it'll be a while before the wolfies have another one :cry:

if ever again :thumbsup:

hey, at least they'll have one. not an easy thing to get in this day and age. the wings won 3 in the past nine years, yes, but there were another 4 or so golden opportunities they blew. including a few president's trophies.

i know some maple leaf and blackhawk fans that would kill to be in carolina's shoes right now...right, walter? walter?

I hope they lose the next 4 games, the first professional :shocking: won in N.C. should be the Lomabardi Trophy :wacko:

take what you can get when you can get it. i'd have preferred a super bowl over the pistons' championship two years ago. but hey, the pistons won a championship and that was cool. know what i mean?

take what you can get when you can get it. i'd have preferred a super bowl over the pistons' championship two years ago. but hey, the pistons won a championship and that was cool. know what i mean?

NHL = rats arse :blink:

I actually had planned to watch the game last night, but I got interested in a Space Shuttle program on Discovery HD & totally forgot about it. The point is, I cared so much that the only reason I turned over when I did was that I saw it on the Directv HD guide. When I finally did turn over, the game was finished.

I could really care less & would've cared even less if it wasn't being shown in HD...

update...

oilers blow 3-0 lead in game 1...muffed play behind the net..

no one blames Roloson, the Oilers or Smith..its ALL Conklin...

game 2-...a 5-0 whippin...

mactavish was fine with how Jussi played and has named him the starter for game 3...maybe if he given up 7 goals he would get the bench?

and this is the guy who has a woody for ty? :rolleyes: oiler fans should be ticked..if jussi starts, they lose game 3 as well..

and I dont want to hear.."well, Craig is showing confidence in his goalie.."...he had his chance to do so for his better backup after game 1 but blew it...

if hes wise..naming Jussi as a starter is just a decoy...

After the first 2 periods of Game 1, it looked like the Oilers were going to win the Cup in 6 or 7 games. 1 really bad period and 1 game later, it now looks like the Oilers could get swept.

And I was actually rooting for those Canadian bastards. :first:

Yesterday's game wasn't bad, atleast closer. Some of you thought the Oilers for sure were going to dominate the series and then when Roloson got injured, that edge was totally lost, but Markinen is pretty good.

update...

oilers blow 3-0 lead in game 1...muffed play behind the net..

no one blames Roloson, the Oilers or Smith..its ALL Conklin...

game 2-...a 5-0 whippin...

mactavish was fine with how Jussi played and has named him the starter for game 3...maybe if he given up 7 goals he would get the bench?

and this is the guy who has a woody for ty? :ninja: oiler fans should be ticked..if jussi starts, they lose game 3 as well..

and I dont want to hear.."well, Craig is showing confidence in his goalie.."...he had his chance to do so for his better backup after game 1 but blew it...

if hes wise..naming Jussi as a starter is just a decoy...

I never said game 1 loss was Tys fault - we shouldn't have given up the lead to begin with and no Rolli didn't have a great game.

So much for your Jussi prediction. He played well in Game 2 - you couldn't blame him on almost all of the goals because they were all deflected in front of the net or after inital shot was saved and they scored on the scramble. He did play outstanding in game 2 but he wasn't a liability.

Even though we lost Game 3 Jussi played terrific and was obviously the reason why the Oilers didn't lose by more. The Oilers just seemed to not be able to handle the puck at all in the game. Pressure or just a bad game I'm not sure.

Ty Conklin sucked all year long healthy or injured and Jussi in my opinion is better but is still not a #1 goaltender that you can expect to win you a cup. Can Conklin do better - sure he can - but not in Edmonton. I don't think he can turn it around here and needs to get to a new environment if he has a chance. We have some good goaltenders coming up and we will probably sign Rolli to a 1 year deal so we should move him for the bag of pucks we'll be able to get for him right now.

I never said game 1 loss was Tys fault - we shouldn't have given up the lead to begin with and no Rolli didn't have a great game.

So much for your Jussi prediction. He played well in Game 2 - you couldn't blame him on almost all of the goals because they were all deflected in front of the net or after inital shot was saved and they scored on the scramble. He did play outstanding in game 2 but he wasn't a liability.

Even though we lost Game 3 Jussi played terrific and was obviously the reason why the Oilers didn't lose by more. The Oilers just seemed to not be able to handle the puck at all in the game. Pressure or just a bad game I'm not sure.

Ty Conklin sucked all year long healthy or injured and Jussi in my opinion is better but is still not a #1 goaltender that you can expect to win you a cup. Can Conklin do better - sure he can - but not in Edmonton. I don't think he can turn it around here and needs to get to a new environment if he has a chance. We have some good goaltenders coming up and we will probably sign Rolli to a 1 year deal so we should move him for the bag of pucks we'll be able to get for him right now.

jussi DID play well in game 3..hats off to him...i wasnt saying he was the poor choice..just saying that they shouldve stuck with Ty for game 2...

everyone was impressed with Jussi in game 2..like the fat kid who plays goal in soccer..gives up FIVE goals..but you are happy he at least made it through...

The Oilers as a whole stunk..but there were/ are too many people defending Jussi..5 goals..at least 2 were weak..it was a great way to respond to game 1..he deserved to be pulled and since he wasnt..Ty can relax and take the series off...the Oilers put a lot of stock in a goalie who wont be around in 2 years anyway(jussi)..

too bad the oilers went this route..unless ty plays tomorrow...i expect jussi to give up another 5 bagger tomorrow..and receive :clap: from the oiler fans..

before anyone calls me out :thumbsup:

ill happily admit that i was wrong..jussis played well and it turned out to be the correct choice...i hope the Oil pulls it off..

i have nothing against Jussi..I was just a bitter Conks fan that wasnt happy with the way that was handled..

they couldve lost game 1..went to Ty in game 2 and THEN Jussi the rest of the way and Id have been fine.. it was just odd that the coaches handled that as they did...

but thats in the past..Redneck hockey is about to go South again...

Got what I wanted, and don't want it anymore :lol: Atleast the Oilers coming back has made for an interesting series. Close game 7 with Carolina winning goal :lol:

Smoke show tonight.

Oilers take early lead and win easily 4-1.

The Canes finally had to deal with some injuries of their own and they were beaten before the puck dropped...they wont' be able to bounce back.

After figuring they had the Cup won in game 5 they didn't even have the nuts to show up for game 6 - will they play hard tonight or are they still to crushes from being run out of town on Saturday?

GO OILERS!!!!

Smoke show tonight.

The Canes finally had to deal with some injuries of their own and they were beaten before the puck dropped...they wont' be able to bounce back.

After figuring they had the Cup won in game 5 they didn't even have the nuts to show up for game 6 - will they play hard tonight or are they still to crushes from being run out of town on Saturday?

GO OILERS!!!!

This is going to be such a great game. What a series. :headbanger:

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't think we could do this with Jussi or Conklin in Net.

Jussi is playing the best he has all year long by far.

The Oilers didn't even need a goalie in game 6 and without Cam Ward in net the game is at least 6-0.

I heard a funny story today from the hot (red head - 34 :P coffee girl.

Her cab driver had given a ride to Eric Staal, Cam Ward, and the equipment manager before Game 6.

Eric Staal introduced himself and Cam Ward just said yeah I'm the goalie.

The cabbie pipes up and says "Oh man! Did you see the goal by Pisani? - man that was awesome."

I guess Cam Ward gaves him a dirty look for some reason - hehe.

GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :huh:

I'm never wrong. But I'm glad I was wrong about this. Especially after Edmonton got down 1-3 in the series.

Don't call it comeback!!! What a series! GO OILERS!!!!! IT'S GAME SEVEN OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!!! I can't wait for tonight!!!

:first:

Smoke show tonight.

GO OILERS!!!!

It looks like it is possible to win even if some of your better players get hurt. :banana:

Look who got run out of town last night. :banana:

Please feel free to take your foot out of your mouth at anytime. :banana:

CANES = :thumbsup:

Hey, full value to the Canes for their win.

They showed up when it counted and the early goal was just the boost they needed. The Oilers played well but the Canes held tough.

Great series and hopefully with two Stanley Cups in a row in non-hockey regions the game will get more exposure down there.

Now I wait for the person who doesn't care about hockey to pipe up and tell me they don't like hockey. No sport has more people who go out of their way to explain they don't like the sport :thumbsup:

Next year it is the Senators!!!

:cheers:

PS - the Oilers did not get run out of town - the Canes held on for all they were worth - don't take away from a great game/series, let's just appreciate the great run for both teams.