Sign in to follow this  
Electric Uncle Sam

You are my GM.,,.who are my 3 keepers...

12 team H2H league.

6 pts all TD's

1 per 10 rushing/recieving

.5 per recp

Each keeper costs their draft round. So for example by keeping LT I will lose my 2nd round draft pick.

So which 3 of these 5 would you keep???

RB LT........2

RB Tiki......1

RB Parker.....6

WR Chambers...5

TE Gates........9 :P

Gates as a 9 is a no brainer

LT as 2 is also pretty much a sure thing

The big question for me is the 3rd keeper...Tiki is awesome, but I lose my 1st pick 8th overall for him.

Should I keep Parker as a 6 instead? My thinking is Paker & say a top teir WR would outproduce Tiki & a 6th round pick, unless I got lucky in the 6th.

Hell maybe I need to keep Chambers as a 5th.

Need some input here.

Depending on how many owners are drafting in the first round and who other keepers are. If there are a lot of owners drafting in the first round then I would keepr Tiki because he won't make it to you and especially if all other running back talent in being kept. You can pick up the other guys later in the draft. If you think Tiki will make it to you at eight overall then I would keep Chambers. But IMO I would keep Tiki no matter the situation. LT, Tiki and Gates is a solid start to a productive team. Good Luck.

No Brainer IMO. LT, Gates, and Parker. If you really want Tiki you might still be able to get him with your first pick. However, by doing this you solidify 3 key positions and might be able to land a top tier WR with your 1st pick and look for a value pick for your RB3. Good luck!

I'm on the other side of the fence. Keep Barber. If your league has savvy players, there's no way Tiki Barber falls to the #8 spot in the first round. You'd be lucky to get him at the 5 or 6 spot in this league becuase I doubt there will be as valuable a back as Barber on the market! FWP is not even in the same class as Tiki Barber and will likely be ceding time to Haynes and Staley in the red zone.

It's much easier to find a stud WR deeper in the draft than a true stud RB. If you can keep Barber, Gates, and LT...I'd be much happier with that combo and picking in the 3rd round rather than FWP, getting a possible stud WR in the 1st round (while ignoring a likely better RB that's available to get that WR), and then hoping you strike gold later on a back. Especially in a point per reception league were Barber's value goes up as well...

Unles you want to take the bigger risk and believe with a 3rd pick you can get Bush or Addai and with your first get a true stud receiver: Fitz, Owens, Boldin, Johnson, Holt, S. Smith, R. Moss(?). Then maybe it's good to consider. If none of those guys are going to be on the market...forget about it.

Tiki would go #1 or #2 overall in the draft. No doubt. With my 8th pick overall I would have WRs like Moss & maybe TO or Holt available.

It's just is FWP + TO > Tiki & someone like Keyshawn is the question.

considering there's 36 total keepers i don't think you'll be able to get a 2nd rb of tiki's value with your #8 overall pick, if you're lucky you'd be able to get him back but i doubt it. I'd keep LT, Tiki, and Gates and laugh all the way to the playoffs.

considering there's 36 total keepers i don't think you'll be able to get a 2nd rb of tiki's value with your #8 overall pick, if you're lucky you'd be able to get him back but i doubt it. I'd keep LT, Tiki, and Gates and laugh all the way to the playoffs.

:unsure:

LT and Tiki can carry your team. Assuming other people in your league are in love with RBs and hold on to them you might find some decent WR talent in the 2nd and 3rd round.

LT for a 2nd Rounder = No brainer

Gates for a 9th Rounder = Even bigger no brainer

Parker is coming off most boards about 4th round, so he's a bargain for a 6th rounder

Chambers is coming off most boards in the 3rd round as a top 10 WR, again a bargain

Tiki as #1 is right on...and there's NO WAY he'll be hanging around at the #8 spot (unless you play w/ idiots)

So your decision boils down to this...do you hang on to two #1 backs (LT and Tiki) and weaken yourself at WR (by not getting a crack at one until 3rd round) in the process OR keep #1 RB (LT), a chance at #2 RB/WR (at #8 spot) and borderline #1 WR (Chambers, who i'm not sold on)

I say keep the two #1 RB and look for the best available WR in Rounds 3 & 4.

LT for a 2nd Rounder = No brainer

Gates for a 9th Rounder = Even bigger no brainer

Parker is coming off most boards about 4th round, so he's a bargain for a 6th rounder

Chambers is coming off most boards in the 3rd round as a top 10 WR, again a bargain

Tiki as #1 is right on...and there's NO WAY he'll be hanging around at the #8 spot (unless you play w/ idiots)

So your decision boils down to this...do you hang on to two #1 backs (LT and Tiki) and weaken yourself at WR (by not getting a crack at one until 3rd round) in the process OR keep #1 RB (LT), a chance at #2 RB/WR (at #8 spot) and borderline #1 WR (Chambers, who i'm not sold on)

I say keep the two #1 RB and look for the best available WR in Rounds 3 & 4.

HOw did Gates go in the 9th round..w/e league it is i m confused

HOw did Gates go in the 9th round..w/e league it is i m confused

More importantly, how did LT go in the 2nd round? :rolleyes:

Why does everyone assume keeper leagues are one year old is the better question???? :wall:

I drafted Gates 2 years ago, b4 he exploded on the scene as a hunch in the 9th round & obviously I kept him. Thats how he is a 9th rounder.

LT was drafted in the 2nd round as a rookie as has been kept ever since. That is how LT is a 2nd rounder.

Think b4 you type, it really does help. :doublethumbsup:

Why does everyone assume keeper leagues are one year old is the better question???? :clap:

I drafted Gates 2 years ago, b4 he exploded on the scene as a hunch in the 9th round & obviously I kept him. Thats how he is a 9th rounder.

LT was drafted in the 2nd round as a rookie as has been kept ever since. That is how LT is a 2nd rounder.

Think b4 you type, it really does help. :lol:

I thin.....

It is almost impossible to give you a perfect call with out a little more information but I personally would be inclined to lean toward Parker who gives you the value of him and a better pick. The Steelers look to be very much in a situation where they will have to use Willie Parker more, especially if Ben's recovery is slow.

The Giants will ahve to open up the passing offense a little bit this year if for no other reason than to accomidate Eli's progression. Add to that the pretty much certainy of Brandon Jacobs cutting into Tiki's touches and vulturing his TDs.

It depends a lot on whom you have a chance to get in the first, but if you have a shot at a proven #1 WR or a younger #1 running back with the higher pick, then Parker seems the easy choice to me.

I definately go LT, Tiki, and Gates

You have 2 first round rbs and the best te your 3rd round pick will get you a pretty decent #1 wr because wont many other people be giving up there 1st and 2nd round picks too?

Parker scares me because you dont know if he will get TDs so i think hes a very low #2 rb but a good #3

I'd keep LT, Chambers, and Gates.

Parker worries me in PIT. Sure he'll get yards, but what bothers me is the goal line carries, and the TDs he'll lose.

Chambers should flourish this year with Culpepper at QB. He is pretty young, and should have many more productive seasons. He did pretty good with the sub par QBs he had there last year, could you imagine what he can do with a good QB?? (think C-Pep/Moss in MIN).

And I agree LT and Gates are no-brainers.

I'd keep LT, Chambers, and Gates.

Parker worries me in PIT. Sure he'll get yards, but what bothers me is the goal line carries, and the TDs he'll lose.

Chambers should flourish this year with Culpepper at QB. He is pretty young, and should have many more productive seasons. He did pretty good with the sub par QBs he had there last year, could you imagine what he can do with a good QB?? (think C-Pep/Moss in MIN).

And I agree LT and Gates are no-brainers.

The oft injured Chambers is a ? no matter who is playing QB, already this year he has sprained his ankle. Not sayign he cannot be something and extend on his season last year but the flip side is you never know when he will just disappear because of some mistery injury that lingers longer than it should. I would be careful building to much around Chambers.

I also question is Culpepper a good QB? Minnesota was quick to jetison him and he certainly looked ordinary with out Randy.

While I cannot claim to be the biggest Fast Willie fan at least with Parker you know; he is on a team that has a good Oline (Miami does not), a defense that can stop the run and get them the ball back (to be seen in Miami), and an offensive system that invents ways to get the ball into guys hands.

Not to come down too hard on Miami but I certainly feel Parker is much safer bet than Chambers at this point.

Thanks for all the input so far....

I am leaning away from Chambers at this point & still debating the Tiki vs FWP decision.

I have less than 10 days to make my decision.

Please keep the opinions coming it really does help.

:P

I am going to go against the grain a little here. I say keep LT for sure, Parker and Chambers. With your 8th pick you can get a stud WR then starting with your 3rd rd pick you can start picking the best player. Look at it this way:

Keep LT/Parker/Chambers your team may look like this:

LT/Parker/Harrison/Chambers

Keep LT/Tiki/Chambers your team may look like this:

LT/Tiki/Chambers/Porter

I personally like the first scenerio the best. Since the the bus is gone and PIT is a run team I can see Willie having for sure a top 10 year and will have very similar stats to Tiki. However, the drop off from Harrison to Chambers is a little bigger and if Chambers does come through in scenerio on you could even have 2 #1 RBs and 2 #1 WRs. This is JMO, good luck.

I am going to go against the grain a little here. I say keep LT for sure, Parker and Chambers. With your 8th pick you can get a stud WR then starting with your 3rd rd pick you can start picking the best player. Look at it this way:

Keep LT/Parker/Chambers your team may look like this:

LT/Parker/Harrison/Chambers

Keep LT/Tiki/Chambers your team may look like this:

LT/Tiki/Chambers/Porter

I personally like the first scenerio the best. Since the the bus is gone and PIT is a run team I can see Willie having for sure a top 10 year and will have very similar stats to Tiki. However, the drop off from Harrison to Chambers is a little bigger and if Chambers does come through in scenerio on you could even have 2 #1 RBs and 2 #1 WRs. This is JMO, good luck.

So just to get this straight you rather I keep Chambers as a 5th round pick instead of Antonio Gates as a 9th round pick??? :cheers:

I appreciate the advice but Gates as a 9th rounder is an absolute must keeper for me.

wow this is tough because Tiki, LT, and Gates is a trio that would likely carry your team to the playoffs BUT an injury to anyone would seriously hamper your team. Do you have any idea what wideouts might be available?

In the end, I feel that keeping Tiki is the right move.

wow this is tough because Tiki, LT, and Gates is a trio that would likely carry your team to the playoffs BUT an injury to anyone would seriously hamper your team. Do you have any idea what wideouts might be available?

In the end, I feel that keeping Tiki is the right move.

I wish I knew, but I wont until all the keepers are turned in, & you cant make changes after that...

Gates, LT2, and Chambers. Chambers is going to have a good year. Tiki....Im not feelin it and I think you could grab a better choice with the 8th pick.

WRs are much easier to uncover than RBs are. Chambers is out before this thread even starts. And LT and Gates are in before the post is made. The question is: Tiki #1 vs FWP #6.

My head says Tiki, but my gut says Parker. The value is amazing for a starting RB on top team. Parker could be on your squad for years as a #6. Tiki is good, but he's getting older and I don't like the NYG schedule.

It's a gamble I would be excited to try. What will be the feast at 1.8?! You'd have a helluva team and still have the luxury to get all jicky-jacked over the draft.

Is there anybody who might be available in the first round worth losing Tiki. If LJ, Alexander, TO, or Moss won't be there, it wont be worth it. I think Tiki will put up great numbers this year, although I'm looking for him to lose goaline touches to their big bruiser.