Sign in to follow this  
Rye & Leaf

Nice job on the projections!

You all should have your own site. :thumbsup:

I agree that the projections are very well done - and as others have said, I don't agree with the McNabb projection at all. If people use that as a draft guide I think they will be drafting McNabb in the 4th or 5th rounds and I think that is a wasted pick as there are equal quality QBs that can be had many rounds later.

Look at McNabb's numbers pre-TO - he wasn't even an elite QB then.

2003 - 3200 yards passing 16 TDs, 11 INTs - with minimal rushing stats and 3 TDs

Mike,

Are you guys thinking of making some adjustments soon on player rankings? I see a few glaring ones at WR and at least one at QB.

WR

Roy Williams at #25 - seems way too low. Don't you think he falls somewhere in the

neighborhood with Darrell Jackson and Chris Chambers (10 and 11 spots)?

Javon Walker at #39 - seems low as well. Are you waiting to see what happens with his

injury and how he looks in Training Camp? Especially with Lelie not showing up for

workouts.

Andre Johnson at #31

Michael Clayton at #49

Nate Burlson at #62

QB

Carson Palmer at #18 - is this just because of his injury? I think I've only been reading positive things with his recovery in the past weeks. Shouldn't he be moved up considerably with this type of news, and then dropped down if he runs into some setbacks?

You guys do a great job. Keep up the good work.

Bgard72

Yes, I'll be making adjustments to the projections/rankings throughout the summer. The injured players (Palmer, Culpepper, Walker, etc) I'm usually very cautious with early on until we see how much they are participating in camp. I don't see any reason to rank them high this early until we get a better feel for their health.

With regard to Roy Williams, the Lions are in the midst of an offensive overhaul with a new head coach, QBs, and offensive coordinator. Williams does however stand to benefit the most in Mike Martz's offense, likely playing the Torry Holt role, but how quickly the offense comes together is a big question mark.