Sign in to follow this  
Rye & Leaf

Nice job on the projections!

:banana:

That is why I come to this site.

I dont see how McNabb will be teh 2nd best QB this year at all....more like 10-12

But many poeple havbe him this way

Why is Culpepper rated so low? :unsure:

i'm going to say they're projecting him not to start very many games considering they have CPep having 54 completions on 89 att's, and Joey Harrington having 253 & 414...

Thanks listen2me 23. It's nice to have a jumping off point and I'll make changes as the summer goes along. My ff geekiness always comes out when I fist sort all the numbers to see where everyone lands. It's like Christmas in June. :unsure:

There's always some shockers, even for me... McNabb being one of them (Rye & Leaf). He's an interesting case... his lack of WR talent is a big concern at the same time he's always been the focus of their offense and when healthy puts up solid numbers. We'll see... McNabb is one player I'm sure I'll be adjusting quite a bit over the summer.

Just out of curiousity... those of you that do projections, does anybody have Larry Johnson over 2000 yards?

Culpepper's current numbers are specifically related to his health. I'm just not very confident that he's going to be that productive once/if he does take the field in 2006.

Observations:

Matt Jones looks like he was just inserted into Jimmy Smith's numbers. Way too high IMO.

Randy Moss looks a little low to me.

Tiki with more catches than LT ???

Julius Jones needs less carries...no way he gets that many.

Portis needs more yards

Overall, a good start though.

I'm thinking Santonio Holmes will at the very least double those projections...the guy is a playmaker and will add alot to the Steeler offense.

I guess we know which camp Mike falls into on THE GREAT JULES JONES DEBATE...I agree.

Just out of curiousity... those of you that do projections, does anybody have Larry Johnson over 2000 yards?

I probably will, its easy to do that being a homer, especially when you're in multiple leagues. I also adjust after each draft, that way you dont end up with 2 or 3 very similar teams. So by ranking LJ up that high, if I do end up with the No. 1 pick it's not going to kill me drafting him No. 1 overall, and I get to cheer for my home team as well as having the Chief's key player on my own roster.

Then after I take him No. 1 in that league, I'll bump him back down and move up guys like LT and SA, just so I have a variety in different leagues :unsure:

Add about 6-8 TD's to Eli. The lineup is better than last year with Moss as the 3rd receiver.

Drop McNabb down like a rock. No chance he is top 5 even.

Expectations have lowered on the Denver backfield as opposed to last year's numbers. Also, expecting about 45 more carries and 26 more receptions for Tatum Bell. And Dayne is basically going to be the short yardage, goal-line back. I respectfully disagree with these numbers and have 0 faith in Tatum Bell.....just a little bit less than what the Denver coaching staff has in him.

I am not sure why there is such an outcry with McNabb being high. Sure he lost TO, but three years ago he didn't have TO and did just fine. He stil Has Westbrook and LJ Smith. Reggie Brown could be pretty decent. Jabar Gaffney has talent, but his QB was always on his back the past few seasons. That in addition to the fact that there are a lot of ?'s surrounding many of the other "elite" QBs. I don't think McNabb in the top 5 is unreasonable.

Good job, Mike.....

Not expecting much out of Laurence Maroney, I guess....only 70 carries.

Also, interesting projections on Donald Driver. If you are right, he will be a steal on draft day...........

where are the "projections" listed? Thanks.. :mad:

Front page of the site........

I thought Owens and Andre Johnson were lower than I expected...

Andre doesn't have an NFL QB to get him the football. Otherwise he's top 5 material.

Andre doesn't have an NFL QB to get him the football. Otherwise he's top 5 material.

doesn't have an NFL QB?.....wasn't he the 1st overall pick?

that QB you are talking about has had a high O-line the past 4 years......

yea and lets not take all the weight off Andre's shoulders.....that same QB got him the ball to let him break out a few years ago....then he just flopped....

lets get real...

Why is Donald Driver projected to be a top 10 WR? Is GB schedule that soft? Also, Randy and Santana Moss that low? Raiders seem to have a nice schedule ahead of them.

yea and lets not take all the weight off Andre's shoulders.....that same QB got him the ball to let him break out a few years ago....then he just flopped....

lets get real...

So were a lot of busts like Carr. Carr is a pussboy.

Announcer: 'Carr........Carr.........Carr' Then he got sacked. Easily a second between each 'Carr'. That's pure suckiness and 100% on the QB.

Why is Donald Driver projected to be a top 10 WR? Is GB schedule that soft? Also, Randy and Santana Moss that low? Raiders seem to have a nice schedule ahead of them.

I think it's a good possibility...You know Favre is gonna sling it and Driver doesn't have to compete with Walker for looks this year. Not to mention the GB running game is looking pretty sucky right now.

So were a lot of busts like Carr. Carr is a pussboy.

Announcer: 'Carr........Carr.........Carr' Then he got sacked. Easily a second between each 'Carr'. That's pure suckiness and 100% on the QB.

Why is his receivers inability to get open when facing a floodgate of pass rushers every down "100% on the QB"? Which play of which game are your referring to? I suspect you don't know what you're talking about.

lets get real...

Tim Couch was 1st overall too. :first: I've seen too many games where Carr bounces the ball to the receiver on out patterns. Carr's best passing play is dump-offs to D. Davis. Yes, the o-line is horrible but I just haven't seen Carr rise above. Earlier in their carreers Phil Simms and Troy Aikman were sacked over and over but you saw the competitiveness/leadership in them that eventually made them winners. I haven't seen that spark in Carr. Does he have the physical tools? Probably, but you need something more to be a consistent winner in the NFL.

Anyone who would waste their breath defending Carr has obviously never watched a Texans game.

I havnt even looked at the projections but 80 recs, 1150 yard, and 8 tds is mine for driver, which would put him right around the ten mark imo.

I don't think top 10 is much of a stretch for a guy in the top 15 3 out of the last 4 years, who is now the focal point of his teams pass attack, and who also has a future hall of famer throwing to him.

The Edge projection threw me on the rushing yards and carries....248 carries?

Must be projecting an injury, the YPC is 4.5, which is good, oh well

Edge owner here

pretty good, i like the projections, but some things i didnt like. Jake plummer too high, and mcnabb too high. i see both of them below bulger IMO.

Tim Couch was 1st overall too. :thumbsup: I've seen too many games where Carr bounces the ball to the receiver on out patterns. Carr's best passing play is dump-offs to D. Davis. Yes, the o-line is horrible but I just haven't seen Carr rise above. Earlier in their carreers Phil Simms and Troy Aikman were sacked over and over but you saw the competitiveness/leadership in them that eventually made them winners. I haven't seen that spark in Carr. Does he have the physical tools? Probably, but you need something more to be a consistent winner in the NFL.

I kno the whole couch thing......but when you are drafted number one you are a nfl skilled QB something else just went way wrong

nice attempt, sh!tty outcome

<_<

Mike,

Appreciate the work on the projections.

Your projections for Adaii and DeShaun Foster are even better than I expected, and I agree with them completely. AND JULIUS JONES, he's always on my radar, kid's got serious talent. I also like Matt Jones, and now even more.

As for Lee Evans, I still am leary of him, maybe he's worth a gamble in the 9th round, but I kind of worry that he's just another Ashley Lelie. A few long touchdowns (over the course of a season), but not gonna take over the game and very inconsistent. And their QB in Buffalo. I'm guessing you like his talent and the fact that Moulds is gone.

Frank Gore has talent, I wish the 49ers would realize this so he'd be worth drafting.

Signed,

Geek

p.s. I think McNabb is projected correctly, but I'd move Carson Palmer up to #3 QB.

Great Job Mike! Almost as good as mine :P

I was a little surprised to see Matt Jones w/ 1100. He's got work to do before he can be counted on for that type of production... but I do think the 7 td's were spot on.

I find it disturbing that you've projected Randy Moss & Lee Evans w/ essentially the same stats... C'mon, Brooks can't read a D, He'll just chuck it up to Randy every other play. Top 5 Lock and likely #1 overall.

Addai over Westbrook? Ballsy call, it could happen.

A little surprised how low Palmer was ranked... Hell, if he only played half the season I still think he'd outperform Simms, Rivers & Carr.

:( /embarrased: Neil Rackers @ 12? I know they have Edge to punch it in now; but the kid has a leg. They weren't all chip shots last season.

I am not sure why there is such an outcry with McNabb being high. Sure he lost TO, but three years ago he didn't have TO and did just fine. He stil Has Westbrook and LJ Smith. Reggie Brown could be pretty decent. Jabar Gaffney has talent, but his QB was always on his back the past few seasons. That in addition to the fact that there are a lot of ?'s surrounding many of the other "elite" QBs. I don't think McNabb in the top 5 is unreasonable.

3 years ago, the NFC East might have been the worst division in football. Right now, a case can be made that its the league's best. I dont see McNabb as a top 5 QB playing in that division this year without a premier receiver. Who do we think he is?.......Tom Brady???

on David Carr. Its fun to think back to comments that we all make in the past that get us laughed off the board for a couple of days. One I made a couple of years ago was about David Carr's overly vein concern for his hair. I made the comment that the guy was not a QB, but a hair model wannabee or something to that effect......mistake. I should have just simply said, the guy's a weak minded, scrub QB who will be a complete bust in the NFL for the position he was taken in the draft, and Id be embarrassed to ever have him on any of my FF teams. That type of low-key approach would probably have been the way to go. He sucks!!

I would think Nate Burelson would be on the big board instead of some of the scrubs at the bottom of the WR's rankings.

I would think Nate Burelson would be on the big board instead of some of the scrubs at the bottom of the WR's rankings.

Ha! Burleson sucks. I have him ranked like 200 something.

I remember one gut from my draft last year after he picked up Burleson. He was soooooo excited, saying "He's goona be HUGE! I can't believe I got him! balh blah blah."

I then got to watch games with him regularly, and all he would do is curse and throw stuff and comment on how much he sucked. By game 4 (I think) he was officially re-named "Booooo-urleson".

He suck-diddly-ucks

I thought that Donte Stallworth was worth drafting last year, everyone on this board told me the guys sucks, probably won't even start anymore, he's a bum, etc, etc.

Hasselbeck is projected to throw 25+ TD's this year, I assume Burelson could grab 6-8 of them. Jackson 8-10, Burleson 6-8, Stevens 4-6, Engram 4-5. Someone has to catch them. I assume the guy they paid 40 mill to is gonna get his opportunity.

And do you really think Sammy Parker for example is gonna have a better year then Nate?? Come on.

I thought that Donte Stallworth was worth drafting last year, everyone on this board told me the guys sucks, probably won't even start anymore, he's a bum, etc, etc.

Hasselbeck is projected to throw 25+ TD's this year, I assume Burelson could grab 6-8 of them. Jackson 8-10, Burleson 6-8, Stevens 4-6, Engram 4-5. Someone has to catch them. I assume the guy they paid 40 mill to is gonna get his opportunity.

And do you really think Sammy Parker for example is gonna have a better year then Nate?? Come on.

Sammy Parker isn't getting drafted in most fantasy drafts. I'm not sure why you chose him to compare to Burleson. Burleson is Seattle's #3 WR. And 6 - 8 touchdown projection for Burleson is exactly the kind of projection I think is much too high for him. I wouldn't assume Hasselbeck is going to throw 25+ touchdowns this year. And he has DJ Hackett and Shaun Alexander to throw to as well, + other tight ends and wide receivers that get 1 or 2.

Also, I personally have never said or thought that Donte Stallworth is not a good wide receiver. What is your argument exactly: because people told you Donte Stallworth sucked last year and he didn't that b/c I say Burleson sucks he's going to be decent. That is VERY FLAWED "logic" if I can even use the word logic for your argument.

My point with Sammy Parker was he's listed on the projections, as one example who I thought Burleson would have a better year then. Since we are commenting on the FFtoday projections.

If Burelson stays at the #3 reciever, ok, then 6-8 is way to high for him, but I just can't believe he won't take away Engrams spot, new fat contract and all.

So maybe I answered my own question. If he does take Bobby's spot, then I guess they would move him to the big board.

My point with Stallworth wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, i just hate it when all the "Geeks" just start spewing, "He sucks, no talent, I wouldn't even draft him" etc, etc. Same thing happened with Donte was the point I was trying to make. Not trying to brag and say I'm the FF Guru or anything, I've blown many picks, *cough, chris brown, cough*

Mike,

Are you guys thinking of making some adjustments soon on player rankings? I see a few glaring ones at WR and at least one at QB.

WR

Roy Williams at #25 - seems way too low. Don't you think he falls somewhere in the

neighborhood with Darrell Jackson and Chris Chambers (10 and 11 spots)?

Javon Walker at #39 - seems low as well. Are you waiting to see what happens with his

injury and how he looks in Training Camp? Especially with Lelie not showing up for

workouts.

Andre Johnson at #31

Michael Clayton at #49

Nate Burlson at #62

QB

Carson Palmer at #18 - is this just because of his injury? I think I've only been reading positive things with his recovery in the past weeks. Shouldn't he be moved up considerably with this type of news, and then dropped down if he runs into some setbacks?

You guys do a great job. Keep up the good work.

Bgard72

bump for more discussion of the projections... what else are you going to do on a Friday... ?