Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

* Cheatsheet Compiler/Draft Buddy *

Thanks Mike. I was just about to reply that I saved, closed, and reopened and it worked. Thanks for the info.

One other question...if you have 5 bench slots, but they aren't specific to any possition, how would I eneter that without skewing the bench (backup) spots in the compiler. They only seem to be specific to certain possitions. Sorry for the dumb question, but as stated this is the first year for me to give this a go. I'm sick of coming in second place every year

You should input the backup spots as you expect most teams to draft. You can also use decimals, so if you expect half the teams to grab 1 RB backup and half to grab 2, then input 1.5 there. Just try to get it to add to 5, in your case.

2nd place isn't bad. If you are consistentely making it to the Championship game, only to drop that, then it is most likely due to some bad luck/bad timing. I can't tell you how many playoff games I lost to Chris Chambers last year :cheers:

Still, we will do what we can to get you to look like this at the end of the year --> :(

Just got me update this morning. I see that TJ Duckett is still showing as RB2 with ATL. Will there be another update to resolve this before Saturday?

Also, was Dunn bumped up as a result of the trade?

Do we really need to download every version or can we just update the projections every so often. My Compiler folder is getting pretty full!

Just got me update this morning. I see that TJ Duckett is still showing as RB2 with ATL. Will there be another update to resolve this before Saturday?

Also, was Dunn bumped up as a result of the trade?

I just finished the update minutes ago sdenova, so if you run it again you'll see Duckett and Lelie have moved to the right teams. Norward has moved up, Betts down the depth chart.

Good question on Dunn. Let's see... nope, his projections did not change. I believe Krueger already thinks he's maxed out what Dunn can handle. A lot of movers and shakers with this update. Portis dropped to 14th in the default scoring.

Do we really need to download every version or can we just update the projections every so often. My Compiler folder is getting pretty full!

You should see mine! :pointstosky:

You don't need to download each version. My apologies, I thought that was clear. Here are the version notes from the download page:

Version Notes 1.5d

Minor fix:

Buddy: Draft input tab player drop-down was not removing individual defensive players as they are selected. Now it does.

Version Notes 1.5

A few more very minor items found since 1.1 that required a quick fix or improvement. Details:

Compiler: Create auction input for minimum bid increment, for leagues which have separate minimum bids and bid increments.

Buddy: Stop the timer sound when clock is stopped or reset.

Buddy: Fix draft data submission function.

Version Notes 1.1

Although we didn't plan to release a 1.1 version of the Compiler so soon on the heels of 1.0, we noticed a few things that could be tightened up from the original release, plus the extra time provided for some more improved auction functionality. Details:

Compiler: Hide IDP cheatsheet when not in use.

Compiler: If auction minimum bid is set to decimal, round dollar values appropriately and update formatting throughout for dollars and cents.

Compiler: Prompt user to consider Last Player Drafted overall ranking method for auction leagues.

Compiler: Alter copy league profiles function to allow for copying from either 2005 or 2006 Compiler files.

Buddy: Improve offense and IDP cheatsheet re-ranking functions, including editing auction dollar values and re-ranking by dollars for auctions.

Buddy: Add function to adjust auction dollar values for all players by position or from rank X to Y. Adjustments can be by dollar amount or % increase or decrease.

Buddy: Fix issue with keepers and auction/draft input tabs when altering draft order and display.

Buddy: Correct some Excel version compatibility issues arising from custom menus and other new items added in '06.

Version Notes 1.0

This is our release for 2006. Here is a quick rundown of the new stuff this year:

Compiler: Expanded offense cheatsheet ranks top 60 QB, 100 RB, 100 WR and 38 TE

Compiler: Offense and IDP cheatsheets include change column to show recent player movement

Compiler: Information box showing your date/time of last update, plus a button to perform a quick check if a new update is available

Projection update status box to show real-time update progress

Compiler: Streamlined league inputs move almost all user inputs to the Compiler from Draft Buddy

Compiler: Custom Compiler drop-down menu for easier navigation and ability to run functions from anywhere in the Compiler

Compiler: Improved update system which works faster and is more reliable

Buddy: More good info packed into the summary tab and sound features on the draft pick countdown timer... this really makes the whole thing worth it :huh:

Buddy: Improved re-rank and re-tier player features on the offense and idp tabs

Buddy: More user friendly draft input tab, and similar auction draft specific tab created

Buddy: Custom Buddy drop-down menu for easier navigation and ability to run functions from anywhere in Buddy

Buddy: Backend programming and re-programming to help Buddy run faster

So, if you are in an IDP league the last one you needed to download was 1.5d (and even then, it was a minor fix). Non-IDP leaguers, the last one to download was 1.5. Everything else since has just been projection updates!

Hey Mike, I just updated my projections today.......

Why did all the Cheifs players get a downgrade????

:dunno:

Did I miss something?

OL worries mostly. Willie "I'm retiring to skip training camp... whoops, I'm still retired" Roaf and recent injuries to Will Shields and Kyle Turley looking like he's going to get thrown around like a rag doll out there on the left side. That's my guess anyway. As you know Krueger does the projections. Maybe he just wants to shake the homer bias off his Chiefs' numbers :pointstosky:

Any chance for an update before Friday night? I'm having my draft that night and was hoping to have a most current release.

Any chance for an update before Friday night? I'm having my draft that night and was hoping to have a most current release.

How is this for service... ? I just published an update in the last 30 minutes. I was just coming here to update the thread. Hit the update now and you will be in business. Good luck at the draft!

Mike,

Is this the last update? Thanks!

How is this for service... ? I just published an update in the last 30 minutes. I was just coming here to update the thread. Hit the update now and you will be in business. Good luck at the draft!

Mike,

Is this the last update? Thanks!

There will be an update next week, but honestly, I don't expect many changes. The starters will not play much if at all this weekend. Injuries are usually minimal in this last weekend of preseason. Hopefully there will be more clarity on some existing injuries and/or depth chart position battles.

Thanks! I just think Addai is way too high!

There will be an update next week, but honestly, I don't expect many changes. The starters will not play much if at all this weekend. Injuries are usually minimal in this last weekend of preseason. Hopefully there will be more clarity on some existing injuries and/or depth chart position battles.

Mike,

I just got this computer and do not have excel on it yet! (Dell) How do I access the sheet???

You need Excel to run the Compiler and Buddy. Are you getting Excel but just don't have it installed yet? If you don't have Excel, and you have a high-speed connection, you could install a trial version. A few people have done that. You can find that here:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/p...ndardtrial.mspx

Thanks a lot Mike! :headbanger:

Is this really worth the 15 bucks? I've been playing for 3-4 years now and have always been competitive using my own knowledge. When it comes to fantasy sports, I really doubt that these so called "experts" know more than everyone else.

Is this really worth the 15 bucks? I've been playing for 3-4 years now and have always been competitive using my own knowledge. When it comes to fantasy sports, I really doubt that these so called "experts" know more than everyone else.

Yes, I really think the $15 is a great investment if for no other reason than being organized. We had our draft last Saturday and it was hysterical to watch guys fall apart during the draft. Guys were timing out, flipping magazine pages, too funny. I had my cheatsheet from the compiler printed out and I also used my computer so I was able to input the entire draft using Draft Buddy. While the draft is going on, I am crossing guys off on my cheatsheet and by putting the names in draft buddy, I was on top of who was taken and who was available at all times. I mean Joe Jurevicious's name was called out three times by guys who were falling apart and didn't know who was available. Now, did I agree with all the rankings? Not necessarily, and that is where I used my football judgement. I did, however, go against my instincts and I grabbed Addai in RD 5 based on Krueger's projections. If it hits, I win big; if the projections are way off, he is my 3rd RB so I don't take a mjaor hit. All in all, the compiler is great way to stay organized and prevent an owner from falling apart, especially in longer drafts (my draft was 18 rds). I will purchase this product every year. I really like it a lot. :dunno:

well I've never had a problem with being unorganized and no one else in my league has neither. And in my opinion the rankings on FFtoday are way off to me. If it's just for organizational purposes, it's not worth the money.

well I've never had a problem with being unorganized and no one else in my league has neither. And in my opinion the rankings on FFtoday are way off to me. If it's just for organizational purposes, it's not worth the money.

Problem solved.

I've used it every year, and I have stated many times that FFT & my rankings are not alligned very closely. However in the offseason, I take my time and make my own projections, then plug them into the compiler. In minutes I get a perfectly organized cheat sheet with depth charts, tiered rankings, color coded by position and customized to each of my 3 league's scoring systems.

When I used to have to do that myself, it would take me literally a few hours each for my 3 $ leagues PLUS the time it took to re-work my projections for the 3 totally different roster requirements and scoring systems (1 D/ST PPR+Flex, 1 IDP, 1 D/ST no PPR, no FLEX) - so if you're asking me if the $9.95 (early bird) price is "worth" not having to waste 10-14 hours of my life making an organized graphic representation of something I already spent way too much time on, my answer is HELL YES IT'S WORTH IT! :(

But: if you're looking for a resource to think for you because you're too lazy to do it for yourself, then indeed - it's not the product for you. If you disagree with their rankings and aren't motivated to customize them for yourself then you should buy a similar product from a site with which you do agree. Good luck getting an application anywhere near as good as this one though...these guys have thought of it all. I've seen some of their "competition" - mostly crap. Plus Mile & Matt are two of the coolest dudes on the net in the FFB world - I'd send them $9.95 just because I love this site and the free content they provide. Matt Waldman's articles alone are worth $10.

hth

:cheers: Will the depth charts be updated again now that some cuts have cleared things up ?

Jay Foreman ....Sam Cowart..... Also I notice that you still have Teddy Lehman in the Detroit lineup and he is done for the year?

I draft tomorrow morning at 8am CST

Thanks

K