Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

Alfonzo Soriano

I went to a Washington Nationals game last night with a group of people. There were 2 kids in the group, one 9 years old, one 12. They wanted to hang around after the game to get autographs so we did. Vidro and Patterson (and his beautiful woman) and several others came out first. Then came Soriano. As you might imagine, he was swarmmed. But our kids both got his autograph. As Michael, the 12 year old was getting the autograph, we all laughed at their seemingly equal size. Soriano is supposed to be 6'1" - 180 lbs. Michael is 5'7" - 155. But as they stood there together, Soriano looked only slightly taller than the kid. And certainly no more bulkier. And that focker nailed his 23rd Homer of the year.

Damn!

Don't you worry. When he's 40 and twice the size, he'll be accused of doing roids on that alone

Sorianos power comes from his crouched batting stance, not roids.

I don't know if I'd say "definitely". Not all steriods cause you to look like Barry Bonds. Alex Sanchez was on the roids, and he wasn't huge. He could be using to enhance his speed or whatever. I'm not saying he is, but I won't rule anybody out anymore.

I love Soriano, though. Everyone was convinced he was going to be a relative bust this year with the Nationals. Drafted him in the late 2nd round, and haven't been disappointed. :unsure:

I don't know if I'd say "definitely".

acreed.....after all he could started out the size of Gutterboy

I don't know if I'd say "definitely". Not all steriods cause you to look like Barry Bonds. Alex Sanchez was on the roids, and he wasn't huge. He could be using to enhance his speed or whatever. I'm not saying he is, but I won't rule anybody out anymore.

I love Soriano, though. Everyone was convinced he was going to be a relative bust this year with the Nationals. Drafted him in the late 2nd round, and haven't been disappointed. :unsure:

The only problem is (for Nationals fans) sometime in July he'll be traded for 2 pitching prospects and a true leadoff hitter. The Nats will drop like a rock then. Maybe be better in the long run. Maybe not.

Don't you worry. When he's 40 and twice the size, he'll be accused of doing roids on that alone

Yea, because baseball players have all the time in the world to weight train, with that 162 game schedule and all.

Especially when his head-size triples.

Especially when his head-size triples.

:thumbsup: