Sign in to follow this  
ellisonb11

Donovan Mcnabb, how will he produce?

Mcnabb has lots of talent, and has been a great fantasy QB over the years, but now without TO, i dont see him producing great fantasy numbers. he plays in a tough division, and his #1 WR is reggie brown, who hasnt proven he can be a reliable, consistent receiver. i dont see why people have him so high on their draft boards this year. i know he produced good numbers without TO, but i dont see it this year.

i personally would rather have Matt Hasselbeck as my QB, who would be a safer choice IMO. Give me your opinions on who you would rather have, and why.

Mcnabb has lots of talent, and has been a great fantasy QB over the years, but now without TO, i dont see him producing great fantasy numbers. he plays in a tough division, and his #1 WR is reggie brown, who hasnt proven he can be a reliable, consistent receiver. i dont see why people have him so high on their draft boards this year. i know he produced good numbers without TO, but i dont see it this year.

i personally would rather have Matt Hasselbeck as my QB, who would be a safer choice IMO. Give me your opinions on who you would rather have, and why.

question for you. Who would you rather have your QB throwing to as their #1 target - Reggie Brown, or any of the bums the Iggles had as a WR prior to TO??

Plus, prior to TO, Westy was still a developing back. Now he is a recognized threat as a WR out of the backfield - moreso than Staley was.

McNabb definitely does not run anywhere as much as he used to, but that could also have been due to the fact he believed in TO and was more than willing to throw to him when he was covered - something he definitely hesitated to do w/ pre-TO bums... I'm not saying i'd spend a 3rd round pick on him, but right now his ADP is around 5 or so. That's a pretty good deal for a guy that was a top3 QB for several years, and had one bad year in last...

Personally i still think Manning & Palmer should go before him (if Palmer is a go at game 1), But I'd definitely pass on Brady & Hasselbeck to take a shot at McNabb since i think the upside to both Brady & Hass is pretty much in line w/ where they are being drafted, while McNabb's upside could make him the #2 QB this year...

Nothing more frustrating as a Hasslebeck owner than watching him hand the ball off to SA once they get inside the 10 yard line. Mcnabb on the other hand is dropping back to pass on the 2 yard line.

I would take Mcnabb, Thats just how the eagles play and who they are.

unless Im picking Manning or Palmer.....I will not pick a QB before round 5 this year....

I have McNabb at the lower end of the top 10 QBs this year like behind Palmer Manning Brady Hasselbeck Eli Delhomme Culpepper :banana:

McNabb will no doubt miss thew TO production but if I am remembering right he was a pretty good fantays QB before he had TO as well.

I think we will see a slightly older and wiser McNabb. He will take more precise drops, get the ball out of his hands faster, and run less. While this will help his football team I am not sure what the fantasy results will be. The eagles at a glance lack a HR threat (other than Westbrook) so that will either lead to more passing (which will help in comps leagues) or more 3 and outs.

I would rank him top 10 QB wise but probably in the bottom half

unless Im picking Manning or Palmer.....I will not pick a QB before round 5 this year....

I have McNabb at the lower end of the top 10 QBs this year like behind Palmer Manning Brady Hasselbeck Eli Delhomme Culpepper :o

Ill agree putting him at the lower top 10.

I have McNabb in my Dynasty league and I wouldn't trade him for any other QB, even Manning or Palmer. McNabb is still a huge threat to tuck the ball and run, especially now that he is 100% healthy and has no T.O. McNabb is just a playmaker. He makes plays happen and he will be back to that this season.

I also think a lot of people are going to be really surprised by R. Brown. He is going to make the step, IMO, and be a first rate receiver this season.

I have McNabb in my Dynasty league and I wouldn't trade him for any other QB, even Manning or Palmer. McNabb is still a huge threat to tuck the ball and run, especially now that he is 100% healthy and has no T.O. McNabb is just a playmaker. He makes plays happen and he will be back to that this season.

I also think a lot of people are going to be really surprised by R. Brown. He is going to make the step, IMO, and be a first rate receiver this season.

If you wouldn't trade McNabb for Manning or Palmer....then you = stupid....sorry

If you wouldn't trade McNabb for Manning or Palmer....then you = stupid....sorry

Yeah, let's see:

Palmer has had ONE good season with 3800 yards and he is coming off of a horrible injury in the playoffs.

Manning will more than likely go in the first or second round of any draft, dynasty or not.

When I said I wouldn't "trade" them for McNabb, I guess I probably would trade McNabb for Manning if it was straight up.

I wouldn't trade McNabb straight up for Palmer though. JMO.

2507 Yards and 16 TD passes and he didn't even play the whole season. Not to mention the guy had a pretty painful injury the most of the season. He was dominating fantasy football before the injury. He was the number 1 QB before the injury. This season he will have to move around more and I am fully expecting his rushing numbers to be back up.

And don't call people stupid just because you dont agree with them ######.

McNabb definitely had a career year throwing to TO two years ago and he won't approach THOSE numbers again.

But I think his productivity will be close to, if not equal to Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Eli, Bulger, and Green's and outproduce Culpepper's (not hard to do if Daunte only plays in 8-10 games, which is likely).

McNabb has no big-time WR's for sure, but he has LJ Smith and Westbrook and the WR's are servicable, not unlike the years previous to the TO years when he had Pinkston and Trash. Remember how solid McNabb's production was before TO? I expect it to be similar now.

He may not run for as yardage as he did when he was younger, but he'll definitely get 4-5 Rushing TD's, way more than the others, and he'll still throw 20-22 TD passes and have 3, 200 yards, just because of the way the Eagles run their offense. He's as much of a one-man show as ever and he's good enough to be up to the task. The Eagles won't score as much because of the inconssient running game, but McNabb is good enough to be in the same tier as the guys mentioned above, behind P. Manning and Palmer.

Still, because of the concern, he'll be available in rounds 5-6 this year, at least that's where he's gone in the mocks I've seen and been a part of. Good pick-up that late for the production he'll give you.

I don't like the weapons around McNabb this year other than Westbrook. He might crack the top ten. Hasselbeck has Nate who should help him out opposite Jackson.

McNabb definitely had a career year throwing to TO two years ago and he won't approach THOSE numbers again.

maybe you should review his numbers:

Year before TO= 3216

Year with TO= 3875

The year before TO he had NOONE to throw to. His receivers will be better than people are giving them credit for.

Yeah, let's see:

Palmer has had ONE good season with 3800 yards and he is coming off of a horrible injury in the playoffs.

Manning will more than likely go in the first or second round of any draft, dynasty or not.

When I said I wouldn't "trade" them for McNabb, I guess I probably would trade McNabb for Manning if it was straight up.

I wouldn't trade McNabb straight up for Palmer though. JMO.

2507 Yards and 16 TD passes and he didn't even play the whole season. Not to mention the guy had a pretty painful injury the most of the season. He was dominating fantasy football before the injury. He was the number 1 QB before the injury. This season he will have to move around more and I am fully expecting his rushing numbers to be back up.

And don't call people stupid just because you dont agree with them ######.

Nice too see you change your opinion now that you know how foolish it is....you clearly said "I have McNabb in my Dynasty league and I wouldn't trade him for any other QB, even Manning or Palmer.".....meaning STRAIGHT UP!!!.....then you change and say well I would for Manning if it was straight up....so make up your mind....your the one who said it....

As for the Palmer trade....You are in a Dynasty league right?....Plamer is how many years younger? and tore it up last year with a also young cast in Housh CJ and Rudi?...McNabb doesnt run anymore and as he gets older he will continue to run less and less.....his numbers before TO were nothing compared to Palmers last year...and yet Palmer is still young in teh lague with only 2 full seasons under him...as for your Injury thing....McNabb has been getting injured left and right....so i'll take a guy coming off a Injury over a guy who can't stay healthy with no weapons.....sorry if I made you cry by calling you stupid...so i'll just say trading McNabb for Palmer or Manning STRAIGHT UP....is a stupid thing to do....

JMO......and my others too...

maybe you should review his numbers:

Year before TO= 3216

Year with TO= 3875

The year before TO he had NOONE to throw to. His receivers will be better than people are giving them credit for.

actually maybe you should review.....3875 is bigger than 3216.... :doublethumbsup:

WOW

I agree.I think alot of people are sleeping on the whole Eagles team.Brown will have the opportunity to put up huge numbers,numbers like BO did in 05.

JMO......and my others too...

actually maybe you should review.....3875 is bigger than 3216.... :doublethumbsup:

WOW

My point was the numbers weren't that different. Not like he threw for 1500 yards one year and 4000 the next. The numbers arent that big of a difference since McNabb was throwing to bums one year and TO the next.

I agree.I think alot of people are sleeping on the whole Eagles team.Brown will have the opportunity to put up huge numbers,numbers like BO did in 05.

NO....if you are refering to TO ...NO

if you are indeed refering to B.O. than yea maybe..

My point was the numbers weren't that different. Not like he threw for 1500 yards one year and 4000 the next. The numbers arent that big of a difference since McNabb was throwing to bums one year and TO the next.

500 yds is a big change....

no starting QB throws for less than 3000 usually and the highest is around 4000 so right there is a 1000 change from the least yds by a starting QB to the most....

500 yds is 2 full games if not more...

sorry if I made you cry by calling you stupid...so i'll just say trading McNabb for Palmer or Manning STRAIGHT UP....is a stupid thing to do....

Look douche, you didn't make me cry, just pointing out that you are entitled to your opinion, dont say someone is stupid because they dont agree with you.

I did change my mind. I am allowed to do that. I have been here long enough to do that.

Palmer had a horrible knee injury. McNabb got a hernia. A little different.

This is really starting to piss me off, stop making me defend a friggin eagle.

Look douche, you didn't make me cry, just pointing out that you are entitled to your opinion, dont say someone is stupid because they dont agree with you.

I did change my mind. I am allowed to do that. I have been here long enough to do that.

Palmer had a horrible knee injury. McNabb got a hernia. A little different.

This is really starting to piss me off, stop making me defend a friggin eagle.

:doublethumbsup:

i think he will still be top 5 qb even without TO. he's been top 5 without him in the past, why not this year? reggie brown is a year more mature and westbrook is an explosive weapon out of the backfield. i expect top 5 qb production.

McNabb is a talented QB, theres no question about that.

I think the larger issue is the offense Reid runs. Like it or not, it has always consistently been a dink and dunk offense. The unfortuate part about the Eagles O is that the WRs cannot get any kind of decent YAC (yards after the catch) This is a huge component of any West Coast Offense. TO was a great WR, not just because he was a big physical guy who could get separation, but because he could run over tacklers and stiff arm people after taking a short catch. Jeff Garcia had his best numbers ever with TO, and its no surprise. All Garcia had to do was connect on short to intermediate passes and TO would do the rest.

Yes McNabb can rear back and throw the deep ball if he has to, but hes not accurate, hes never been accurate and any accuracy he does have statistically comes from the short 3-5 yard dink and dunk passes. Lots of QBs have won big games and been scatterguns with their arms. Mark Rypien won a SuperBowl and the guy could only chuck the ball high in the air. He was lucky in that he had three great WRs to come down with the ball.

Yes, the Eagles lack talent in the WR corps, but more than anything else, they LACK PLAYMAKERS. And its not just physical intangibles we are talking about, Denver won SuperBowls with lanky Ed McCaffrey and the overachieving Rod Smith. McCaffrey was slow but he knew how to make plays. Even when he didn't get the ball, he knew how to make a positive play on the field with his blocking or his smarts. Outside of Westbrook, the Iggles have no true playmakers.

The problem has always been, the Iggles are suited for smashmouth football. They generally have a good defense and are focused on keeping both lines strong. Instead of picking up a smashmouth back like a Jamal Lewis or a Jerome Bettis clone, they continue to dink and dunk. Given how conservatively the Iggles play offensively anyway, I don't see why they just don't use a smashmouth offense. McNabbs limitations is Reid's offense. Reid is not putting McNabb in a position to max his strengths and conceal his weaknesses. (Look at Rich Gannon, there was alot he could not do on the football field, when he has his good years with Gruden, he was put in a situation and an offense that could mask his problems and max what he did excel at.)

i would rather take hasselbeck, with the easier schedule, better weapons, and more efficient offense. any other opinions out there?

i would rather take hasselbeck, with the easier schedule, better weapons, and more efficient offense. any other opinions out there?

I don't put a lot of focus on easier schedule. Hass is going to be a great player again but I think McNabb is going to end the year ranked only behind Manning in fantasy points.

the fact that SEA does have an easier schedule in itself makes me NOT like Hass.

Compound the fact that SA gets to run most of the TDs in from inside the 5 with the fact that once they have a lead they won't need to throw much and you have a QB that better put up some long TDs in order to score you alot of points.

The fact that McNabb is in a pass-happy offense that would even pass the ball at the beginning of last year when they were ahead and should have been running the ball to run out the clock, is playing in a competitive division that will require them to score late, and the fact that the Eagles don't mind running a QB sweep or draw alot of times from inside the 5 all make me think McNabb could put up much better #s than Hass.

I said before, i think Hass is pretty much at his top-end according to where he is being drafted. McNabb on the other hand could perform like a #2 overall QB, and is draftable at the #5 spot in alot of drafts right now.

This is a very good thread. I will comment later, when I get time, hence the BUMP. Lot's of good conversation.

I like McNabb................to be cont...................... :shocking:

The Eagles throw more (percentage wise) than any other team. That alone gives McNabb serious value. Add to that his history of putting up good numbers regardless of the quality of his receiving corps, and you've got a pretty good fantasy QB.

I wouldn't go reaching for him, but he should be well worth his early 6th ADP.

Palmer has had 1 1/2 good seasons out of two that he's played. His first 8 games were shaky, then he's blown up since. The fact that you're comparing him to a guy who's been in the league for a good while who has not even half the weapons that Palmer has doesn't make sense to me. I think anyone who's seen him play can safely say he's no fluke.

I can see your point on the injury though, although I'm more sure every day that'll he'll be starting on day 1. Although he hasn't taken any hits yet, he is going full speed now in 11 on 11 drills. They even had him running the no huddle. I think we'll see him game 3 of the preseason.