Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

MN People can be so focking dumb sometimes

So I finally had a free day where I have motivation and I started trying to edit my headlining show from a few months back. It was a great show, but I was worried that there might too much crowd work so I never rushed to work on it.

I am watching it and I am loving it. It is great quality, great sound, awesome crowd reaction. I am thinking this will be the new tape to send out to potential bookers and stuff. I get 15 minutes in, then there are people standing next to the camera holding a conversation that you can easily hear. Then it's cool. Then later on, right in the middle of the set up of a good joke that I call back to later one, some retarded whoore is standing in front of the camera laughing. She even turns back and asks, "who's camera?" and continues to stand there.

One of the loud ones was the focking owner of the club who knew I was trying to record.

Hopefully I can still edit it enough to get a good tape that makes a bit of sense. It was a 50 minute routine, so I should have enough time. But god damn, these MN can be morons sometimes.

Somebody just bumped the focking camera and knocked it out of alignment.

:o :D

You don't have any friends that come to your shows?

The problem is, I forget to bring a camera to most of a shows and I don't drag many friends to shows because of the drive. This one was slightly over 2 hours away.

I gave the owner the head's up to watch out for it. He goes ahead and is either standing in the way, talking right next to it, or bumping it. Focking idiot.

I think the act is salvagable though. Now if I can just edit it properly.

Hire a cameraman.

Pay the cover fee for a dirty homeless man to guard the camera for you.

Problem solved.

Fixed.

sometimes? where do you think dumb people get sent to live?...

seriously though..if you ever do a show in the Mountain area again, let me know here and Ill be your camera guy.. :huh: im clearly no pro at it and i will drink..but i wont let any floozie stand in front of the camera...

congrats on the killer show though..at least the fat cackling lady liked it..thats a plus, right? :rolleyes:

I want to get serious with Redtodd for a second.

Are you serious about comedy or is it just something for fun?

Why not get a real gig in a real city and give it your best shot? In front of a young, non-Zubaz-wearing, non-VFW crowd in the greatest city on earth where on any given night there are scouts from Chicago roaming the clubs?

I'm serious. I know you've made it to Rockford, IL, the armpit of the nation, so it's not about traveling a little bit.

(What is it? 3 hours to MadTown??)

:first:

I want to get serious with Redtodd for a second.

Are you serious about comedy or is it just something for fun?

Why not get a real gig in a real city and give it your best shot? In front of a young, non-Zubaz-wearing, non-VFW crowd in the greatest city on earth where on any given night there are scouts from Chicago roaming the clubs?

I'm serious. I know you've made it to Rockford, IL, the armpit of the nation, so it's not about traveling a little bit.

(What is it? 3 hours to MadTown??)

:banana:

I will be in Milwaukee in September. I have not been in Madison mainly because I have been a lazy idiot. I am now getting in good with the booker that books there. You are giving me a good reminder that I need to let him know that I want to perform in his club in Madison.

I know we joke about the small towns in MN and WI, but I have to admit, I LOVE performing in those towns. They really appreciate someone coming out all that way to perform for them and I typically do very well in those towns. It is really a lay up performing there (even though a lot of guys bomb in those areas).

I also need to make more of an effort to get down to Chicago too. The problem with a place like Chicago (the same holds true in Boston and NY), they like to stick with the people that developed in that area (besides National Headliners). But in all fairness, I haven't tried hard enough.

Thanks for the reminder to be more motivated (seriously).

you work colleges ? I was involved in NACA (Campus Activities) and booked comedians (and everything else) from Maine to Florida and NY to TX some IL. Actually I booked CarotTop in Maxs Famous Cafe (I think it was called) Daytona in 1988 or so.

Its amazing what these schools will pay, and they have a budget that they HAVE to spend. It's (or at least it was) a lucrative market.

I will be in Milwaukee in September. I have not been in Madison mainly because I have been a lazy idiot. I am now getting in good with the booker that books there. You are giving me a good reminder that I need to let him know that I want to perform in his club in Madison.

I know we joke about the small towns in MN and WI, but I have to admit, I LOVE performing in those towns. They really appreciate someone coming out all that way to perform for them and I typically do very well in those towns. It is really a lay up performing there (even though a lot of guys bomb in those areas).

I also need to make more of an effort to get down to Chicago too. The problem with a place like Chicago (the same holds true in Boston and NY), they like to stick with the people that developed in that area (besides National Headliners). But in all fairness, I haven't tried hard enough.

Thanks for the reminder to be more motivated (seriously).

Just let me know if you get a gig here. I will bring a crowd and we will be buying you shots.

So bring your drinking dress <_<

Just let me know if you get a gig here. I will bring a crowd and we will be buying you shots.

So bring your drinking dress :rolleyes:

I would attend. But if you're not funny, I'll bump your camera. :lol: :rolleyes:

So bring your drinking dress :shocking:

Oh god, not the shots. :first: That is definitely a Midwest thing. They love to send shots up while the comic is on stage. I have had a couple of "those nights" because of the shots.

I would attend. But if you're not funny, I'll bump your camera. ;) :cheers:

Don't worry. You'll laugh.

Don't you have a microphone&sound system at these things? Get an XLR to RCA and jack your audio out of the sound mixer. Use the camera mic to record crowd noise on channel 2. Problem solved. :ninja: