Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Has anyone ever been to

We have a trip to Canton planned for next month. Have you guys been to it ?

I have a couple questions like:

Can you see/do everything in one day?

Can you bring your video camera?

Is their anything else to do/see in the general area of Canton. Because We'll be down there from Sunday to thursday.

How did you like the experience? I'm really excited to finally go down and check it out.

Thanks,

Kopy

I went there about 5 years ago...it was amazing. I can't remember if you can bring your video camera...I would think that you could. But yes, you can see everything in one day, and there's not much more to do in Canton that I can remember. But then again I was on my way to Cleveland and didn't have much time to look around.

Here's a couple of websites that might be helpful for you:

http://www.profootballhof.com/

www.neo.rr.com/City_of_Canton/

www.canton-ohio.com/

Hope you have a good time. Be sure to check out the NFL Gameday Theater while you're there. AMAZING.

I went there about 5 years ago...it was amazing. I can't remember if you can bring your video camera...I would think that you could. But yes, you can see everything in one day, and there's not much more to do in Canton that I can remember. But then again I was on my way to Cleveland and didn't have much time to look around.

Here's a couple of websites that might be helpful for you:

http://www.profootballhof.com/

www.neo.rr.com/City_of_Canton/

www.canton-ohio.com/

Hope you have a good time. Be sure to check out the NFL Gameday Theater while you're there. AMAZING.

I'll check out the site. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm not sure on the video camera. As far as things to do, not a whole lot. There is a shopping area called Crocker park near some hotels with a lot of good bars/restaruants. Also a good stip club there, but I'm assuming your going with the family.

However, Cleveland is only 45 minutes North. You can catch a Indians game if they are in town or go to the R&R hall of fame.

I was in the area on business a couple of years ago. Unfortunately the place closed at like 5PM during the winter months, so I never got there.

Will be going back to the area soon and now it's summer. I hope they have longer hours in the summer :thumbsup: Perhaps I should check their schedule on-line.

I loved it, You can get everything done in a day.

Like someone said the Indians and the Rock and Roll hall of fame is an hour away.

Not sure about video camera, I took lots of pictures.

I can't see why video cameras wouldn't be allowed, I went in March for the first time and took quite a few pictures and video clips on my digital camera.

I loved it, You can get everything done in a day.

Like someone said the Indians and the Rock and Roll hall of fame is an hour away.

I can understand going to see the RR HoF, but the Indians?? :first:

There is a great minor league ballpark in the Akron/Canton area. I heard it is beautiful and is the AA affiliate of the Cleveland Indians. Also, Cleveland is not too far away. The University of Akron is in downtown Akron, so I am sure there are a few clubs to go to around there. A friend of mine plays football for Walsh, whose home field is the Hall of Fame field. Nice field to play on. I have been to Akron as well, and it looks like a nice city. Canton and Akron virtually connect. That said, I think Cleveland is only about 30 minutes, give or take a few minutes away, and Cleveland rocks. Great town. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Indians might be in town, or go to the Flats. Clubs galore. I know this is all vague, but just trying to help.

I've lived in Canton for all of my 27 years and have only been to the HOF once!!! :banana: Definately worth the trip if you ever come to the area!!! :banana:

I live within 15 minute of the Hall-of-Fame and also have only been there once. You can see everything in one day, so once you've been there, you have pretty much seen everything. If possible, try and come on the week of the Hall of Fame game and inductions. There is alot to do in Canton that week. Otherwise, if you're from out of town, I would travel up to Cleveland. It is about an hour north on I-77. As others have said, the Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame, Indians game, or the Flats are all good places to go. If you stay in Canton, the Belden Village area has all the restaurants and shopping that you would need. By the way, Crocker Park is in Cleveland and at least an hour away. Have fun.

I live within 15 minute of the Hall-of-Fame and also have only been there once. You can see everything in one day, so once you've been there, you have pretty much seen everything. If possible, try and come on the week of the Hall of Fame game and inductions. There is alot to do in Canton that week. Otherwise, if you're from out of town, I would travel up to Cleveland. It is about an hour north on I-77. As others have said, the Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame, Indians game, or the Flats are all good places to go. If you stay in Canton, the Belden Village area has all the restaurants and shopping that you would need. By the way, Crocker Park is in Cleveland and at least an hour away. Have fun.

My bad on the 30 minute projection for a trip to Cleveland. It has been a while since I have been up that way and did not realize the trip to Cleveland took an hour. Still worth it. I have lived in Central Ohio all my life, and have been to Cleveland numerous times and enjoyed every single trip. Great town and it blows Cincinnati, and even Columbus away if you ask me. Good times.

My dad took me when I was pretty young must have been 28-30 years ago. At that time they had a film where they mic'd Jack Lambert.

I haven't been back since then, but it's high on my list as a trip I want to take again.

I've never been. I'm all about "what have you done for me lately."

Thanks guys. A weekend ^

I'll definitly keep a cleveland trip in mind. R&R Hall of fame would be nice.