Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Mother arrested after three-year-old eats LSD candy

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/06210...D.acc659e3.html

A mother is in legal trouble after her three-year-old son ate candy laced with LSD.

The child has been released from the hospital and is in foster care.

According to the arrest warrant, the child’s mother, Ashli Freas, 22, went to a small gathering at a northeast Austin apartment with her boyfriend.

It is believed the child got into a bag of Sweet Tarts laced with LSD, and did not start feeling the effects of the drug until returning to his mother's Cedar Park apartment.

Freas admits to panicking, but investigators say she waited too long before calling for help.

"I freaked out, it was one of those moments where I just I was not thinking coherently at all," said Freas.

Capt. Jeff Hayes of the Cedar park police said Freas did not contact emergency personnel for about an hour after she knew her child had ingested candy laced with LSD.

"It was not an hour, it was maybe 30 minutes. In the process when we got home we were making phone calls trying to find out what really happened, we were trying to figure out how much he had taken," said Freas.

Police said the gathering where the boy ate the LSD was held at the residence of a friend of Freas’ boyfriend.

Freas says she doesn't know the exact address of where the party was held, but her boyfriend said he has offered to take police back to the scene.

:sleep:

Nothing like responsible parenting :angry:

Figures it was in Texas :sleep:

I can't really blame the Mother for this one. The kid eats candy, and them later starts to act - well - I dunno, crazy? So the Mom calls to find out what happend, finds out, and then helps the kid.

Unless she knew that there would be drugs around the place she visited with the kid that is. I'm assuming they werre just hanging out and the kid happened to get into the 'stash'.

I can't really blame the Mother for this one. The kid eats candy, and them later starts to act - well - I dunno, crazy? So the Mom calls to find out what happend, finds out, and then helps the kid.

Unless she knew that there would be drugs around the place she visited with the kid that is. I'm assuming they werre just hanging out and the kid happened to get into the 'stash'.

Yeah, I'm sure she had no idea her boyfriend and/or his friends were into hard drugs :sleep:

In the mom's defense, the kid did say "Hey, don't bogart that."

After re-reading the story, I tend to agree with your statement. Still, if your at someone elses house with your kid, you better know where the little focker is. Could have been much worse if the tyke decided that drano looked like something cool to drink :sleep:

They should of turned him loose with some coloring books and crayolas after he dropped :thumbsup:

I think alot of the legal issue pertains to how long she waited before seaking help. How would you really know your 3 year old was on LSD though. Maybe she caught him doing hand tracers or playing with one of her lit cigarettes.

Pretty cool they're puting LSD in sweet tarts though. When I was in high school we just used sugar cubes and it's not easy to swallow a mouthful of sugar.

After re-reading the story, I tend to agree with your statement. Still, if your at someone elses house with your kid, you better know where the little focker is. Could have been much worse if the tyke decided that drano looked like something cool to drink :thumbsup:

The candy was probably in plain sight somewhere. I blame the home owners 100%. Well... maybe 90%.

We don't teach our kids to eat acid

we teach 'em how to drink beer and shoot guns (in that order)

OK, I'll take that back then :wall:

Shooting guns while drinking beer is on of the more positive things you can teach your kids. :wall:

I like guns and beer

:thumbsup: