Sign in to follow this  
Tarheel Boy

Mock NBA draft link

Since the Sox are blasting the Mets I'll be switching over...

:angry:

I'm amazed at how far Reddick has fallen the past week. NBAdraft.net has him going 21st right now.

:(

I'm amazed at how far Reddick has fallen the past week. NBAdraft.net has him going 21st right now.

He was iffy as it was, but he had the reputation that would've got him taken anywhere between 10th and 15th. The DUI coupled with the herniated disk has really dropped his stock some.

:(

I still think he's a wildcard and could be drafted anywhere from around 6-20 which is a huge swing. It appeared he was gaining momentum than the DUI incident took place. That really puts a GM in a tight spot. Draft day should be a happy day and drafting JJ means a lot of questions with regard to that incident. If there's any other luggage (I have not heard any) that would be another strike.

If scouts believe he can create his own shot (unlike Steve Alford who was a JJ type of player years ago) than I think he'll go pretty early. To me thats the biggest question. I know that there are other questions about him but his bread and butter is his outside shot and he's a legit marksman. If he can create his own offense than he will be a solid NBA asset.

I still think he's a wildcard and could be drafted anywhere from around 6-20 which is a huge swing. It appeared he was gaining momentum than the DUI incident took place. That really puts a GM in a tight spot. Draft day should be a happy day and drafting JJ means a lot of questions with regard to that incident. If there's any other luggage (I have not heard any) that would be another strike.

If scouts believe he can create his own shot (unlike Steve Alford who was a JJ type of player years ago) than I think he'll go pretty early. To me thats the biggest question. I know that there are other questions about him but his bread and butter is his outside shot and he's a legit marksman. If he can create his own offense than he will be a solid NBA asset.

I believe one area in which he improved tremendously in college was his ability to get to the hoop and that forced defenses to be more honest. I don't think he has the quickness to get past a lot of the guards in the pros and thus he'll have to rely a lot on his outside shot.

If JJ's back is bad (I didn't realize it was a serious issue) please throw out my previous post.

I'm usually not very high on European players, but for some reason, I've got a good feeling about Bargnani. The scouting reports all mention his good athleticism. He's not just a tall shooter; he's got a good first step and can handle the ball. Everyone's saying it, but maybe this really is the next Nowitzki.

Sounds like Cleveland might be involved in the trade between Boston and Portland.

What's the deal with Telfair? I didn't think the Blazers were too happy with him. The C's could use a legit PG but is he that guy you want at that price?

By the way...Al Jefferson is a guy I'd have no problem moving. He's got a lot of talent but I think he's a guy that you're going to have to wait on to really develop.

Yeah, I think that's a little too much for Telfair.

That's why I think it has to be a setup for another deal.

If Atlanta takes Shelden Williams with the #5 pick they will continue to suck. Like I said, Marvin Williams will be the much better Williams in Atlanta.

The more I think about it I wouldn't mind Dallas taking Guillermo Diaz. He's quick and he'll be a decent PG.

take my comments for what they are worth...(not much)...

but i think jj dropping would be good for jj..not his pocketbook..but good for him as a player..

i think he could be a good player on an already solid team like phoenix or dallas, that just needs a spark off of the bench perhaps...or a quality guard..he can pick his spots and hes proven that he can shoot..less pressure perhaps..

but i dont think hes a guy that a poor team can rely on to bring them back...

take my comments for what they are worth...(not much)...

but i think jj dropping would be good for jj..not his pocketbook..but good for him as a player..

i think he could be a good player on an already solid team like phoenix or dallas, that just needs a spark off of the bench perhaps...or a quality guard..he can pick his spots and hes proven that he can shoot..less pressure perhaps..

but i dont think hes a guy that a poor team can rely on to bring them back...

Those are good points. As much as I can't stand a Dook player on the Mavs, I wouldn't mind him coming off the bench and providing a spark. The Mavs were a pretty bad 3 point shooting team, so he could open things up a little. I think he'd fit in nicely with Phoenix because that's the style of play where he thrives. And you're right in that he's not the type of player that can make a poor team like Atlanta into a playoff team.

So, JJ will go to a good team were he can actually shine as a role player. JJ deffinently will not be a super-star/go to player in the NBA, he could be an excellent role player though, like a Kerr/Horry type of great outside shooters off the bench, great in the clutch.

NBA Draft Net has Reddick back at 11 today? :huh: confusing. why do they suddenly have him back in the lottery with this news about his back?

if the Hawks take Sheldon Williams at 5 they're retarded. why not trade back and take Sheldon? i haven't heard of other teams drooling over him like they seem to be.

I thought they just resigned him. If you're right than it makes a lot more sense.

you're right, he is under contract for a few years. problem is, he makes too much for them to be able to re-sign Tim Thomas and then next season re-sign Diaw and Barbosa.

that said, D'Antoni is denying the trade rumors (but everyone always denies them). Suns should hold onto Marion at least one more year to make a run for the title. Amare is coming back, Diaw, Barbosa, R.Bell all have emerged and they have 2 picks in the 1st round tonight. they have to keep Marion and make a run next season. seems like they are trying to package their 2 picks to move up. should be interesting.

FYI...

The word locally is the Iverson deal is still in play and the C's have very serious interest in him. It sounds like a third (or fourth) team may have to be involved to pull off this blockbuster.

FYI...

The word locally is the Iverson deal is still in play and the C's have very serious interest in him. It sounds like a third (or fourth) team may have to be involved to pull off this blockbuster.

I will effin puke if Billy King trades AI within the division. And if they end up getting trash like Carlos Boozer out of the deal I’ll have to start the fire Billy King web site. :thumbsdown:

that said, i don't actually believe AI will be a Celtic.

more on the Celtics, per Andy Katz,

Boston, at No. 7, would take Roy and/or Morrison if either slipped, but not Gay. If the slip occurs, the Celtics would pause on making the Portland deal that sends point guard Sebastian Telfair to Boston for the No. 7 selection and injured point Dan Dickau (Achilles).

I'm usually not very high on European players, but for some reason, I've got a good feeling about Bargnani. The scouting reports all mention his good athleticism. He's not just a tall shooter; he's got a good first step and can handle the ball. Everyone's saying it, but maybe this really is the next Nowitzki.

Nikoloz Tskitishvili was the next Nowitzki :banana:

I'd like the Lakers to take Mardy Collins, I think he'd provide a defensive upgrade at the point for the Lakers and hopefully his shot evolves to make him a threat that will open the lanes for Kobe and Lamar.

As far as I know the Telfair deal is done.

Raptors TV is going crazy now with rumors of the Blazers trading the 4 and 7 to the Raptors for the #1. There could be more to come...

I'd like the Lakers to take Mardy Collins, I think he'd provide a defensive upgrade at the point for the Lakers and hopefully his shot evolves to make him a threat that will open the lanes for Kobe and Lamar.

Mardy Collins is a hell of a guard. I just wonder if he can transition to being a distributer as opposed to a scorer, but he can break down defenses, and he has some serious upper body strength which allows him to finish in the paint. It would be a good pick for the Lakers.