Sign in to follow this  
NCNickNasty

Would you trade up?

A thought crossed my mind that I could try to trade up in my draft from 7th pick in a 12 man league to the 4 or 5 spot. This 4 or 5 spot would guarantee me either tiki or portis, whereas the 7th pick I am probably looking at edge, lamont someone in that caliber. Would it be worth it? What later round pick would be fair to give up for both parties involved?

personally, i wouldn't want to trade up as i don't think there is that much added value in Tiki/Portis over say Edge/Lamont/SJax - especially in a PPR league...

customarily you would switch both 1st and 2nd draft spots, and then give up a later round pick as well.

I can't imagine someone switching first w/ you unless gave away like a 6th or 7th rd. pick, which would probably hurt you even more...

A thought crossed my mind that I could try to trade up in my draft from 7th pick in a 12 man league to the 4 or 5 spot. This 4 or 5 spot would guarantee me either tiki or portis, whereas the 7th pick I am probably looking at edge, lamont someone in that caliber. Would it be worth it? What later round pick would be fair to give up for both parties involved?

In my league we pick our draft picks and I was choosing between 7 and 4. I chose 7. I love Portis but I am convinced he won't last the season based on last year's usage. Tiki is great but the age concerns me. And I had him last year so I want to go a different route. I just don't think somebody like lamont or jackson are that much worse than Tiki or Portis plus than I get a better pick in the 2nd.

Give me Edge at 7 all day....the big dropoff is after 3 not 5.....

in a 12 teamer 7th is a bad badd spot this year...

Give me Edge at 7 all day....the big dropoff is after 3 not 5.....

in a 12 teamer 7th is a bad badd spot this year...

I guess I don't see it. After the top 3 I put the next tier to include Tiki, Portis, Jackson, Jordan & Edge. Some people might put Tiki & Portis in their own tier but I don't for reasons stated above. So in my projections my second tier lasts until the 8th pick. If you value guys equally you want to get them later in the first so you have a better 2nd rnd pick. I guess you have the tier ending at 6 if the 7th is a bad pick. So which of the ones that I listed do you not think belongs in the 2nd tier?

yeah I do put portis and tiki in their own tier. I don't think it is worth it to trade up but I wanted to hear some ideas. I am in a ppr league too and I know edge will fall to me but I am so hesitant to take him.

I personally, would stay put and grab Rudi. Edge is a fine choice also, but I prefer Rudi. Then you will be poised for a better Manning fall to 2.05-2.08 regularly. I'm not saying take Qb in the 2nd, just informing you of the possibility if that fits your drafting style. The difference between Portis, Tiki, Rudi, and Edge, is nothing like the difference between the players you will be speculating on in the 2nd, if you move down.

I personally, would stay put and grab Rudi. Edge is a fine choice also, but I prefer Rudi. Then you will be poised for a better Manning fall to 2.05-2.08 regularly. I'm not saying take Qb in the 2nd, just informing you of the possibility if that fits your drafting style. The difference between Portis, Tiki, Rudi, and Edge, is nothing like the difference between the players you will be speculating on in the 2nd, if you move down.

I will tend to stay away from rudi because our league is heavily weighted for ppr.

I guess I don't see it. After the top 3 I put the next tier to include Tiki, Portis, Jackson, Jordan & Edge. Some people might put Tiki & Portis in their own tier but I don't for reasons stated above. So in my projections my second tier lasts until the 8th pick. If you value guys equally you want to get them later in the first so you have a better 2nd rnd pick. I guess you have the tier ending at 6 if the 7th is a bad pick. So which of the ones that I listed do you not think belongs in the 2nd tier?

Tier 1 LJ

Alexander

LT

Tier 2 Portis

Barber

Edge

Tier3 Jackson

Jordan

Rudi

R Brown

I think all of these guys will do about the same in the 3rd Tier......But i personally am targeting Rudi if I have the 8th or 9th pick....reason being the 7th is so bad is becaus eyou have to pick out of these 4 not knowing how they will produce.....many people have Rudi going around 9 and I think he is the biggest lock and with 1400 yds and 12 Tds i'll take it....plus with Palmer being nicked he might get a little more tjis year...

On a side note that really isn't worth much....on NFL Network yesturday I heard Them report that Denny thought 1600 yds from Edge would be a realistic goal and that Edge will do great in the system...may be coach speak but whatever....

Im looking at Edge getting 1400 9TDs 50 rec 420 yds and 2 TDs.....Solid numbers and in that 2nd Tier with Barber and Portis...

Wouldn't do it. After the Top 3, you may as well be somewhere 9-12 so you can get a RB that drops or your pick of superstud WRs on the turn.

Wouldn't do it. After the Top 3, you may as well be somewhere 9-12 so you can get a RB that drops or your pick of superstud WRs on the turn.

Agree, this is why I do not like the 7th pick this year....but maybe thats because I like Edge to have a solid season this year...

So let me get this straight... you think the drop-off in talent will be more severe between spots 2.06 to 2.08 than between 1.05 to 1.07? You are passing on Tiki or Portis because you think Jordan/Edge/Jackson/Rudi will preform similarly and you would rather get better value out of your 2nd Round pick? Who are you projecting at 2.06 that will be so much better than the 2.08 pick? Enlighten me.

I would attempt to trade down to 11 or 12 and take the two best available on the swing. IMHO, with this years draft, if you arent in the top 3 you might as well be in the bottom 3.

Same dilemma here. #4 in a 14 team, non-ppr league. Originally, I thought of dropping to 7-9, but looking forward at rounds 2 and 3, I think the drop off could be greater from 3.4 to 3.7 (maybe the difference between Ward or Dunn and a questonable WR2/RB2 like S Moss or C Taylor) than it would be from 2.8 to 2.11 (Harrison to Boldin). Plus, at #4, you can get Portis, whose situation only seems to be getting better with the addition of Al Saunders. All the other backs are either less proven in a more questionable situation, or in Tiki's case on the wrong side of 30. Of course, it comes down to where your drop-offs are. Mine is projected between 3.4 and 3.7, so I'm leaning towards taking the #4. Just my $.02.

yeah I do put portis and tiki in their own tier. I don't think it is worth it to trade up but I wanted to hear some ideas. I am in a ppr league too and I know edge will fall to me but I am so hesitant to take him.

Important info that was not available above. Edge will be a very safe selection this season, in my estimation. Jackson and Jordan might carry more upside, but I tend to like to draft safely in rounds 1 and 2.

That reinforces my feeling for you to stay put as westbrook might fall to you in round 2.

In my league we pick our draft picks and I was choosing between 7 and 4. I chose 7. I love Portis but I am convinced he won't last the season based on last year's usage. Tiki is great but the age concerns me. And I had him last year so I want to go a different route. I just don't think somebody like lamont or jackson are that much worse than Tiki or Portis plus than I get a better pick in the 2nd.

this makes me go :banana: in the second you will get a decent guy either way, you chose dead wrong imo. Plus I would rather be picking 4th in the 3rd than 7th. top 4 pick is where to be at this year imo.

So let me get this straight... you think the drop-off in talent will be more severe between spots 2.06 to 2.08 than between 1.05 to 1.07? You are passing on Tiki or Portis because you think Jordan/Edge/Jackson/Rudi will preform similarly and you would rather get better value out of your 2nd Round pick? Who are you projecting at 2.06 that will be so much better than the 2.08 pick? Enlighten me.

I figured this was aimed at me. Not so much the talent level, but I do feel many of the second round prospects come with more question, or many of them would quite possibly have been first rounders. I draft very conservatively anyway, but I certainly draft as safe as possible in round 1. Round two has many great prospects, anyone of which can really solidify a team. they just come with more question marks. hard to explain and I'm sorry I didn't point out specifics as you requested. I will try to do that when I have more time.