Sign in to follow this  
Queso Viejo

Koren Robinson back in alcohol rehab

Koren Robinson's agent confirmed a website report Thursday that the receiver has re-entered an alcohol rehab facility. But Alvin Keels made it clear that Robinson's decision was voluntary and he has not violated the NFL's substance abuse policy. -- Minnesota Star Tribune

Sports Illustrated Truth's and Rumors NFL

I really hope this guy gets his stuff together.

i hope it works out for him...but am i the only one who wasn't impressed with the viking wrs even before this news?

i hope it works out for him...but am i the only one who wasn't impressed with the viking wrs even before this news?

Spending a little time in rehab shouldn't really effect his abilities as a WR. But yeah, none too impressive. Of course, the Vikes appear to be making themselves into a run first offense, so they might just be ok with the crew they have. Plus, if Williamson develops this year, who knows?

It's nothing to be concerned about.

Robinson said he didn't check himself into a rehab facility and didn't have a relapse. Rather, he said, he is merely attending some relapse prevention classes in preparation for the start of the gruelling NFL season, which affords the Pro Bowl kick returner little time to work on maintaining his recovery.

It's standard operating procedure for Robinson, who is doing everything he can to make sure that the alcohol problems that plagued him in the past don't return.

Minnesota Vikings receiver Koren Robinson knows he'll always be under scrutiny while living life as a recovering alcoholic. These last few days, however, have been a little over the top...

It is nice to see the guy is dedicated to recovering. That is number 1, even before football. That being said, I hope he breaks out this season because I am an owner. I am hoping the fact that he is taking control of his off-field problems translates to success on the field too.

don't get me wrong: i'm rooting for the guy to beat this thing. but how on earth--given his sordid history--can you say "it's nothing to be concerned about?" just what in his nfl career--on and off the field--indicates "no worries" here for the vikings?

one reason the Vikings WONT worry is because theyve got Green Bay and Detroit in their division..................

sorry, low blow. <_<

don't get me wrong: i'm rooting for the guy to beat this thing. but how on earth--given his sordid history--can you say "it's nothing to be concerned about?" just what in his nfl career--on and off the field--indicates "no worries" here for the vikings?

Since he's an alcoholic they should be concerned if he were to drink, but the fact that he went freely to a rehab center shouldn't raise flags. If that's what he felt he needed to do at that time to keep himself from drinking than so be it. I'd rather him do that than actually begin drinking again.

don't recovering alchoholics do this sort of thing to keep up there rehab? It looks like a good sign if anything.

Since he's an alcoholic they should be concerned if he were to drink, but the fact that he went freely to a rehab center shouldn't raise flags. If that's what he felt he needed to do at that time to keep himself from drinking than so be it. I'd rather him do that than actually begin drinking again.

I have to admit, a pre-emptive rehab session is impressive. The most I have ever done is kick the hard stuff. This guy stands to make millions and he can drink all he wants in 10 years or so. It's that or get kicked out and flip burgers.

Regardless, if the news is true..good job to KRob.