Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Those Lucky enough for the #1 overall! 12 team -ppr

I was lucky enough for the 1st overall and took LJ - who are you taking 2.12 and 3.1 - these guys are gone in this order!

1.2 SA

1.3 LT

1.4 Portis

1.5 Ronnie Brown

1.6 Tiki

1.7 Edge

1.8 Lamont Jordan

1.9 Steven Jackson

1.10 Westbrook

1.11 Rudi

1.12 Caddy

2.1 Domanick Davis

2.2 Julius Jones

2.3 Fitz

2.4 Mcgahee

2.5 Steve Smith

2.6 Holt

2.7 Manning

2.8 TO

2.9 CJ

2.10 Moss - randy that is

2.11 Harrison

You're Up with the 2.12 and 3.1 and I'm curious to see what the masses would have done. Background I'm a running back depth guy and I was taking any of the top 7 wr's but I drew the line after Harrison went. I really wanted one of those top 7 wr's but it didn't work out. Just curious to see what you guys would do. I'll tell you my next two picks later!

I was lucky enough for the 1st overall and took LJ - who are you taking 2.12 and 3.1 - these guys are gone in this order!

1.2 SA

1.3 LT

1.4 Portis

1.5 Ronnie Brown

1.6 Tiki

1.7 Edge

1.8 Lamont Jordan

1.9 Steven Jackson

1.10 Westbrook

1.11 Rudi

1.12 Caddy

2.1 Domanick Davis

2.2 Julius Jones

2.3 Fitz

2.4 Mcgahee

2.5 Steve Smith

2.6 Holt

2.7 Manning

2.8 TO

2.9 CJ

2.11 Harrison

You're Up with the 2.12 and 3.1 and I'm curious to see what the masses would have done. Background I'm a running back depth guy and I was taking any of the top 7 wr's but I drew the line after Harrison went. I really wanted one of those top 7 wr's but it didn't work out. Just curious to see what you guys would do. I'll tell you my next two picks later!

I just had a topic almost identical to this go down.

but in this situation I would take Boldin and chambers, or Boldin and FWP or KJ

I just had a topic almost identical to this go down.

:ninja: :lol: - Yea, I just saw it after I posted this, sorry. I did give a list of the guys that had been taken though.

This is not an easy question because I could be in the same spot as you in a ppr 12 team, and I would take Droughns over KJ anyday, but I think I would like Driver/gates/ward/Boldin as the WR.

Boldin and Wayne....no question.

However....Carson Palmer, if healthy is gonna be incredible this year, hard to pass him up.

If Brunell wasn't still the qb in Washington I'd like Santana alot.

As for running backs....not much left.

I'd rather have Jamal Lewis or Deshaun Foster above anyone mentioned at rb. IF Foster stays healthy he will be a stud and I don't think we'll see another half hearted performance out of Lewis...I look for him to be among the league leaders in yards again.

how bout Antonio Gates and Cedric Benson??? I really like Deshaun Foster, but I think he's gonna lose the goalline looks like always, this year probably to Eric Shelton. And Chester Taylor would be a good pick, but he's a little unproven, and he's making a transition from grass to turf, and Minnesota doesnt really have ANY history of stud RB #s.......yeah, I think Id go Gates and Benson! ;)

This is not an easy question because I could be in the same spot as you in a ppr 12 team, and I would take Droughns over KJ anyday, but I think I would like Driver/gates/ward/Boldin as the WR.

yes droughns over KJ!

out of those WR's go boldin. too bad harry just got knabbed or you woulda been looking extra hot.

Antonio Gates and Boldin or Cedric Benson and Joseph Addai.............. :clap: ;) :lol: whatever you do, dont go RB, RB, RB if its a PPR league and you start 3WR and only 2RBs.............I get the feeling thats the kindof league this is........ :wall:

Okay - I took Chester Taylor then Deshaun Foster

my next 4 picks I went with Wr's

Galloway, Tj, Stallworth, Bennett - - I also added Lloyd, Engram, and Williamson

for all of those that said Boldin, I did get Kurt Warner as the 12 qb taken off the board.

Don't get the Foster pick. He's never had more than 2 rushing TDs any year thus far. There's no way he gets the goalline carries as brittle as he is.

Don't get the Foster pick. He's never had more than 2 rushing TDs any year thus far. There's no way he gets the goalline carries as brittle as he is.

dont get jocstrap started!

Tell me who is going to get Steven Davis' 12 short yardage td's from last year then?

Tell me who is going to get Steven Davis' 12 short yardage td's from last year then?

Shelton, Goings, Williams. Anybody but Foster. Guy hasn't gotten a short yardage TD his entire career, has he?

sounds like you need to mix in some movement once your draft is over to clean up that roster. Someone thin at RB is liable to want Foster before the season starts and they find out Shelton is getting all the goalline carries........ :thumbsdown: Oh, by the way, which receiver is TJ?

Man, that Federer is something else, isnt he??

1.2 SA

1.3 LT

1.4 Portis

1.5 Ronnie Brown

1.6 Tiki

1.7 Edge

1.8 Lamont Jordan

1.9 Steven Jackson

1.10 Westbrook

1.11 Rudi

1.12 Caddy

2.1 Domanick Davis

2.2 Julius Jones

2.3 Fitz

2.4 Mcgahee

2.5 Steve Smith

2.6 Holt

2.7 Manning

2.8 TO

2.9 CJ

2.11 Harrison

Ronnie Brown the ffth pick? :shocking: Miami homer no doubt.

Westbrook 1.10 and Fitz 2.03 went too high. That team is in trouble. :thumbsdown:

You are playing with morons & should be in great shape to dominate. Try drafting with good FFers.

As for the 2.12 / 3.01 picks, I'd take Chambers & Boldin. That way your WR and RB start out ahead of the curve. You don't need a superstar #2 RB with Larry Johnson.

If you are dead set on taking a RB, Droughns & Boldin. Any of Droughns/FWP/Dunn + Boldin/Chambers/Wayne I wouldn't blink at.

Westbrook 1.10 and Fitz 2.03 went too high. That team is in trouble. :thumbsdown:

You are playing with morons & should be in great shape to dominate. Try drafting with good FFers.

As for the 2.12 / 3.01 picks, I'd take Chambers & Boldin. That way your WR and RB start out ahead of the curve. You don't need a superstar #2 RB with Larry Johnson.

If you are dead set on taking a RB, Droughns & Boldin. Any of Droughns/FWP/Dunn + Boldin/Chambers/Wayne I wouldn't blink at.

He already picked.

:thumbsdown: what do you think the chances are the guy that drated Ron Brown would trade him away for both Chester Taylor AND Deshaun Foster if you were to throw in a cheeseburger and some free tennis lessons??? make it happen!

I was in this exact same spot at a recent mock draft and struggled with the same question. I went with Boldin & Chambers, but I'm not really happy with how it turned out. By the time I got to draft again at 4.11, the RBs left were pretty scarce. Dillon was clearly the best available, but I think I made a big mistake in not immediately handcuffing him to Maroney at 5.02. At 6.11 and 7.02, I tried to correct my earlier mistake by grabbing both Benson & Jones from Chicago, but the person picking at 6.12/7.01 stole Jones from me.

The bottom line is that once I'd committed to WRs at 2.11 and 3.02, I was feeling panic as I scrambled to grab some RBs. Even if I'd succeeded in getting a strong RB combo, like Dillon/Maroney or Benson/Jones, I'd be stuck with some mediocre players at QB, TE, and WR3/WR4. The "problem" with picking LJ/LT2/SA is that even though they can produce twice as much as the average top RB, your second RB is going to produce half as much as the average. (That was a gross generalization; I've never checked those numbers.) If Boldin/Chambers are monsters this season, I'd be in really good shape, but it scares me to trust WRs.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go RB, RB, WR (or maybe even RB, RB, RB), just so I could be assured more consistency from my starting RBs.

POS Player Name Team Pick Bye

QB Michael Vick ATL 8.11 5

QB Philip Rivers SDC 10.11 3

RB Shaun Alexander SEA 1.02 5

RB Corey Dillon NEP 4.11 6

RB Cedric Benson CHI 6.11 7

WR Anquan Boldin ARI 2.11 9

WR Chris Chambers MIA 3.02 8

WR Lee Evans BUF 7.02 8

WR Eddie Kennison KCC 9.02 3

TE Todd Heap BAL 5.02 7

TE Heath Miller PIT 11.02 4

I like that team a lot. I'm a bookend at the opposite side and just hoping I get a decent RB1 in a Caddy or Ronnie, but I'm doubting it. I'll definately have to grab my good WR at 2.01.

Ronnie Brown the ffth pick? :banana: Miami homer no doubt.

Westbrook 1.10 and Fitz 2.03 went too high. That team is in trouble. :thumbsup:

Even though I am shocked by some of the picks made, especially the ones you described, A good case could be made for this entire draft. Calling them morons is not very cool. Just because they don't follow ADP doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing.

Any player picked in the first 2 rounds, probably would not have been available in the next round. You gotta take your guy when you've got the chance. Whatever their reasons are for liking Brown at #5, for instance, you can't fault him for taking him there - he wouldn't have been available at 2.7...

That said, I'd be glad if i were in that league and that is how they drafted.

1.2 SA

1.3 LT

1.4 Portis

1.5 Ronnie Brown

1.6 Tiki

1.7 Edge

1.8 Lamont Jordan

1.9 Steven Jackson

1.10 Westbrook

1.11 Rudi

1.12 Caddy

2.1 Domanick Davis

2.2 Julius Jones

2.3 Fitz

2.4 Mcgahee

2.5 Steve Smith

2.6 Holt

2.7 Manning

2.8 TO

2.9 CJ

2.11 Harrison

I would definitely go with Boldin and Dunn. Picking that high leaves your RB2 very weak but I think Dunn is a decent choice for RB2. (I like him better than KJ) He also has stayed healthy the last 2 yrs. Boldin is just reception machine. You could pencil him in for 100 rec and over 1200 yds.

Boldin and KJ

:angry:

Boldin should easily finish top10 WR - he did it last year while missing 2 games, and has top5 upside.

KJ had a bad year last year, and alot of people criticize him for not playing through injuries - i think that was more of Mooch keeping him out if you saw the way KJ looked on the sideline. In PPR he should have a little extra value in a Martz system especially since he has worked hard on his pass catching skills. I think he's good value that late in the 2nd considering he has top12 potential.

LJ, KJ, AB is not a bad foundation...

i don't like Droughns ahead of KJ by any means. Simply because KJ may have only played part time last year due to injury, but he also more than doubled Droughns' TD total (5 to 2) in the 13 games where he played at all...

Ronnie Brown the ffth pick? :banana: Miami homer no doubt.

Westbrook 1.10 and Fitz 2.03 went too high. That team is in trouble. :angry:

i'm not a big RB fan either, but the argument can be made for him as a :notsobad: pick at #5 in a PPR league IF you believe he's going to be able to last the entire season. He has an improved offense around him, and he should easily get 40+ receptions this year. I don't think it's out of the question to think 1400/500/10 is out of the question if you do truly believe he will last (which i personally do not think).

Westy at 1.10 in a PPR is no joke either. Even w/ only playing 12 games last season he had over 1200 combined yards with an incredible 61 receptions - that's money in a PPR league. Two years ago he had over 1500 & 73 receptions in just 13 games. Plus this season Big Red said he wants to get Westy more involved in the offense, and put him in at WR in some sets. His only knock is durability, and out of the three picks that immediately followed him (1.11 Rudi, 1.12 Caddy, 2.1 Domanick Davis) the only one w/o durability questions is Rudi, and he can not come close to touching Westy in a PPR league simply due to the fact that his highest rec. total yet is 23... Out of those four options i'll take Westy all day - especially considering this is obviously a RB heavy league.

Fitz at 2.03 is not bad. I'm a little surprised that he was the first WR to go off the board, but he was a top5 WR last season and the only bad thing you can say about him is that his QB situation could go south real quick - but look who chucked him the rock last season.... I don't see anything wrong taking a guy who had 103/1409/10 last year at 2.03... especially considering he has almost no foreseeable downside.

I have debated this in mock drafts. I like going for the kill of the WR, WR. You might end up with the #1 overall player in SA, then have two top 10 WR's. If I went WR's I'd have to add Ward into this conversation, he's had double digit TD's in 3 of last 4 years, and Ben is just gonna keep getting better.

SA

Boldin

Ward.

or Dunn would be a super solid opition too.

SA

Dunn

Ward or Boldin

Westbrook 1.10 and Fitz 2.03 went too high. That team is in trouble. :pointstosky:

Anyone who drafts by ADP only deserves to lose....Ronnie Brown isnt as terrible a pick there as your making it out to be....Sure if that is the guy you target then you should try to move down but if you dont have a partner to trade with then you select "your" guy....I personally think he puts up better numbers than Barber this year...

anyways what is so fun about drafting the exact same way that everyone else does.....if you have a feeling about a guy who is going 10-12 and you know you arent going to get him in the next round then you need to jump on him....its not like he passed up LT or LJ for him.

FWP/Wayne.. You almost have to grab another RB here or it will be slim pickings the next time you get up... Maybe Droughns instead of FWP... HTH

WR/RB or RB/WR...you're too week in those spots if you don't jump now. Stay off the Gates juice. You've still got a crack at a top 5-8 WR and Gates #'s don't even put in him the top 10 vs WR. Plus, Gates is gonna have let down this year. He was Brees ONLY option in the redzone the last 2 years. It's not gonna be quite the same this year w/ Phillip. I think Gates finishes the year top3, but I don't believe he's gonna come out #1 and he's not gonna be as consistent.

I would've gone boldin and chambers or Boldin and KJ

Okay - I took Chester Taylor then Deshaun Foster

my next 4 picks I went with Wr's

Galloway, Tj, Stallworth, Bennett - - I also added Lloyd, Engram, and Williamson

for all of those that said Boldin, I did get Kurt Warner as the 12 qb taken off the board.

you could have had foster in the 4th. you should have added at least boldin....he is a huge upgrade over those WRs.

you could have had foster in the 4th. you should have added at least boldin....he is a huge upgrade over those WRs.

As of right now, because you don't know how many of the #2 RBs that are left will be used, I'd go Boldin and Gates.

yea i have #1 pick in a draft tonight. Im going to go wr wr i think 2 and 3 and pray to get foster 4. If hes gone im gonna go wr or te and then qb. Then i fill just get trash rbs 6 and 7 and ride the flex all year. Start LJ and my 3 wrs. I just have to pray for no injuries.

yea i have #1 pick in a draft tonight. Im going to go wr wr i think 2 and 3 and pray to get foster 4. If hes gone im gonna go wr or te and then qb. Then i fill just get trash rbs 6 and 7 and ride the flex all year. Start LJ and my 3 wrs. I just have to pray for no injuries.

Gator, if you go WR, WR in 2 and 3, when you come back around, you may be able to get your hands on either RRBC for the Bears or Colts.....if youre interested in those guys. Or you could risk it, like I did, and go Addai and Benson. I was able to get Rhodes coming back around, but the pick following my Benson pick was Thomas Jones....which Im not sweating. Just options to consider..........