Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Larry Johnson. 2000 yards. What it takes...

Kansas City Chiefs Larry Johnson - article depicting his chance for 2000 yards in 2006.

This is an excellent article and I thought I would take a moment to provide a link to it here for those of you that have yet to check nfl.com today.

It touches on a lot of the qualities a team often needs to equate with having a successful running back; so it relates very well to fantasy football player rankings / ff draft rankings.

He'll get 2000 easy. He almost got it last year and didn't even play the whole season. Good thing he is on my team :cheers:

He'll get 2000 easy. He almost got it last year and didn't even play the whole season. Good thing he is on my team <_<

why noone even pays attention to offseason stuff baffles me. Herm will not pound him and will not push for personal records ala ###### Vermeil. Also Tony Richardson is gone

why noone even pays attention to offseason stuff baffles me. Herm will not pound him and will not push for personal records ala ###### Vermeil. Also Tony Richardson is gone

yep, I like him 3rd with a new coach.

My opinion is that Johnson is being WAY too hyped. He'll be a solid number one running back. No more, no less.

Would I take him in the first round? Of course I would.. Do I think he's going to have 2000 yards and 25 touchdowns? No.

My opinion is that Johnson is being WAY too hyped. He'll be a solid number one running back. No more, no less.

Would I take him in the first round? Of course I would.. Do I think he's going to have 2000 yards and 25 touchdowns? No.

Yeah, I think he will be very good, but I dont know about being ahead of LT or Alexander. Those two have done it for more than a season and a half. I also dont know about him catching the ball, something the two afformentioned can do very well. Do I have him above Portis, Tiki, and Lamont Jordan, yes but only slightly. He is still a different tier than the top 2.

I love this guy, he carried me 2 years in a row, but he wont run for 2000 yards because he has a brutal schedule. I know, I know, you cant carry last years stats thru to this year, but he will be running 11 games against the Top 16 Defenses vs the RUN this year.

SD (2)

Den(2)

Pitt

Sea

Balt

Ariz

Jax

Mia

SF

He will have to fight like you wouldnt believe to get to that number this year.

Yes. They do, which is one reason why LJ is hyped. They went from a throw 55% of the time head coach to a run 60% coach. remember Curtix Martin 2 years ago.

J

Ok, I just want to get something straight here. I have the second pick in my draft. PPR league. I know LT is going first. Now I have to chose between SA and LJ. I am going LJ for a couple of reasons. First, last season LJ played against the Chargers in week 16. The Chargers were #1 in the league against the run. Let me say that again, the Chargers were #1 in the league against the run. LJ ran for 131yd, caught 4 passes for 48yd and had 1td. Now, if he could do that against the #1 team in the league against the rush, what makes you think that a tough schedule against the run this year is going to make that much of a difference? I am not one of the people that think he is going to rush for 2200yds and 30td but I do think that 1700+yds, 54rec for 300-400yds, and 23-25td is possible. Oh yea, if your lucky enough to make it to the champ game in week 16 and you have LJ, he will be going up against Oakland. Nuff said.

Ok, I just want to get something straight here. I have the second pick in my draft. PPR league. I know LT is going first. Now I have to chose between SA and LJ. I am going LJ for a couple of reasons. First, last season LJ played against the Chargers in week 16. The Chargers were #1 in the league against the run. Let me say that again, the Chargers were #1 in the league against the run. LJ ran for 131yd, caught 4 passes for 48yd and had 1td. Now, if he could do that against the #1 team in the league against the rush, what makes you think that a tough schedule against the run this year is going to make that much of a difference? I am not one of the people that think he is going to rush for 2200yds and 30td but I do think that 1700+yds, 54rec for 300-400yds, and 23-25td is possible. Oh yea, if your lucky enough to make it to the champ game in week 16 and you have LJ, he will be going up against Oakland. Nuff said.

thanks for posting the identical post in multiple places; I missed it the first time . . .

Your very welcome sir. I posted it as its own topic because the title of this topic didn't describe exactly what I was talking about. Sorry if it ruined your day. Please forgive my intrusion on your busy schedule.

The fact is, he is a 1st tier RB with only 2 other guys (LT2 and SA). Any of these 3 can light the world on fire. To say he can't get 2,000 yards is dumb. I am not saying he will do it, but he can do it. That's what I look for when you pick who the studs are is whether are not they can do it.

LJ didnt do all that much at Penn State until he was finally given the ball full-time during his final year, gaining over 2000 rushing yds and over 300 receiving with 20TDs...in the Big Ten....averaging over 7 per carry, leading Joe Paterno to say that he thought Larry Johnson may be the greatest player he's ever coached. yeah, I think giving him a full shot is gonna work out. 2000yds? I dont know, but I wouldnt bet against it.