Sign in to follow this  
cmac13

Better #3 dynasty back: Tatum Bell or DeAngelo Williams

Tatum Bell vs. DeAngelo Williams  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have as a #3 back on a Dynasty League, with an eye toward the better keeper for 2007.

• Tatum Bell, Broncos
    • DeAngelo Williams, Panthers

id take bell first just because he should get first crack at the starting job in denver. watch out for dayne though.

williams is a nice option to have but more as a #4 back. hes a rook and he needs foster to go down to be a starter. the good news is that carolina will be a run first team.

As a number three it's Bell, just because we know no matter what happens he'll get carries every game. But I would hope you could get something better than either one of them as your number three.

De'Angelo is a great back, but if Foster can stay healthy he'll keep the job for a while....he definitly is good enough to get the job done, it's only whether or not he can stay healthy.

id take bell first just because he should get first crack at the starting job in denver. watch out for dayne though.

williams is a nice option to have but more as a #4 back. hes a rook and he needs foster to go down to be a starter.

That should take 3 games tops. Another year of 10-12 carries a game for Bell and thats pretty much what we can expect from him, I draft for a little bit more than that for a dynasty league.

Im gonna go on record right now and say that if Tatum Bell is being compared to Deangelo Williams at the moment, then he is extremely undervalued. Bell will put up monster #s this year imo, and Deangelo will get spot action until Foster gets hurt. This one isnt really close, imo.

I'll not sold on Tinker Bell being the main man in Denver.

I bought into that last year and got burned by Shanahan and Mike Anderson.

I think we'll see the same thing this year, with Dayne in the role of Anderson.

I'd rather have DeAngelo with 20-25 carries for the second half ONCE DeShaun goes down.

Question is: who has a better chance to be the undisputed (no RBBC) starter going into 2007?

Williams wins because he's behind Foster who is made of glass and breaks to easy. He'll be the starter half way through the year.

as of now I would not trade Williams for Bell in a dynasty league, williams will have the better career imo...

Im gonna go on record right now and say that if Tatum Bell is being compared to Deangelo Williams at the moment, then he is extremely undervalued. Bell will put up monster #s this year imo, and Deangelo will get spot action until Foster gets hurt. This one isnt really close, imo.

Boy, Solo I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. I really don't feel it's close the other way, as this is a #3rb were speaking of here. In a Dynasty league. Bell hasn't been able to wrestle the job away in Denver yet, and all signs point to him trailing in that bid again. If he does anything it will likely be like last season. He performed well in spot duty, but the goaline looks didn't come his way. Williams is already likely a lock for third down change of pace action. The big thing here is building for the future. If you have a 1 and 2 back already, who's really ever gonna start either of these two? At least with Williams, you can hedge on the injury to Foster, and have a three down back. He is probably the top rookie back in this draft when it comes to showing what type of load he can handle; granted it was at the college level. if I have a solid 1 and 2 rb, I would rather have Williams.

Anyone who would draft "Mr. 10-12 carries a game" Bell over Deangelo is fockin nuts!! end of story.

we are talking dynasty right?

Bell this year but in a dynasty Give me Williams any day of the week.....if Bell can't become a feature back in Denver yeat he never will....

I mean in the question he said with looking to keep for 2007....Bell might get carries this year....but shanny will soon get tired and wonder why he is the only back that can't get it done in his system...