Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

'splain the "rocket attack" thing going on

I understand dropping bombs, I pretty much get the whole missile thing too, but rockets? - not so much.

Are these things simply ballistic? Or do they have an explosive "warhead" to them? Are they guided or just pretty much like artillery? How much damage does a typical rocket create?

...and do ALL rockets suck - or just Houston's?

There is a bottle rocket getting shot out of some fool's ass in a SUX thread! Go figure! :rolleyes:

Ahhhh yes, rocket attacks. Near and dear to my heart. 105mm rockets (Katushas are similiar, I believe) are dumb warheads. You set them up like bottle rockets, light the fuse, and Allah willing (An-Shallah) they hit their target. There is only a few pounds of TNT in the warhead. The motherfocker about the 105's is all the fuel and shrapnel that go everywhichwhere when they hit. I've got a pic of what one did to a wall if you'd like to see.

Ahhhh yes, rocket attacks. Near and dear to my heart. 105mm rockets (Katushas are similiar, I believe) are dumb warheads. You set them up like bottle rockets, light the fuse, and Allah willing (An-Shallah) they hit their target. There is only a few pounds of TNT in the warhead. The motherfocker about the 105's is all the fuel and shrapnel that go everywhichwhere when they hit. I've got a pic of what one did to a wall if you'd like to see.

Whats' the range on these things?