Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

How come you can say someone is half Asian ... or

Half black .... not OK?

Why?

I dated a girl once who was considered black, but her Mom was white. Never got to ask her this question.

Also, my stepfather is black ... but so were both his parents. So, as he has always been there to answer my questions about race stuff, he's not the perfect person to ask.

I really have no idea. I got in a fight once, and this guy who was missing his right arm from about the elbow down sucker punched me with brass knuckles. I had to get like 15 stitches. Anyway, the cops were at the hospital as was my Mom, and I think my step-dad (guy is notorious in Tucson, Jeff Williams, someone else was already in the same hospital, in a COMA, when I got there. Anyway, the cops asked what race he was and I was like, "Hmmm ... I guess he was like half black." and my Mom kinda laughed and being PC as always said, "There's no such thing as half-black." and she chuckled at my answer.

So, I said, "Ok Mom ... if you and George had a kid ... what would that be?" and she said, "Black." I guess "light skinned" black ... err, sorry, African American is the right answer. I know some REAL Africans .... those guys are dark! Almost all "African Americans" are not 100% African.

Check with Plessy v. Ferguson for answers.

alsogfiafp

are you callin him a fockin poosay again...

I met this guy, called himself Mike, but his name was Embé, at the bar where I used to shoot pool in Manhattan. He was ALWAYS there playing pool, wearing his Texas baseball cap. He was an alumnus from there. He came to the states as a kid from Senegal and the first time we ever played pool, I said, "Hey, you look African. Not African American .... African." and I'm sure I looked Irish to him. I am actually a little offended when people think I'm Irish.

SKAAAISSHHH!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsdown:

Probably because half black half white peeps got a special category called mulatto. All the others just say they're half asian hald white or whatever the case might be.

I never knew it wasn't ok either way though. :thumbsdown:

Can't say mulatto anymore, either.

I dunno why.

Maybe because the mullato, mullata is more like a dark skinned Hispanic ... like a dark Cuban ... but doesn't represent mixed raced Americans. I dunno.

For the record, my girl is from Palau (down in the south pacific by Guam, Yak, etc). Her father is a white US soldier boy and her mom is a local islander girl. She considers herself pacific islander/asian not half white/half asian/islander.

:blink:

For the record, my girl is from Palau (down in the south pacific by Guam, Yak, etc). Her father is a white US soldier boy and her mom is a local islander girl. She considers herself pacific islander/asian not half white/half asian/islander.

:blink:

I bet she gets confused for all kindsa everything. I dated a Korean girl once, and she was real tired of being mistaken for Chinese.

I'm curious ... I ask without impunity, if I can't tell. I've guessed wrong. Guessed someone who was Scottish wrong once, even.

Hey ... I'm just curious about your culture ... and you might be surprised what I am familiar with. It's not such a bad way to break the ice.

I was just thinking recently of an old friend of mine, and I guessed she was French, and she said, "No, guess again." and I said, "Turkish." and she said getting warmer ... and I said, "I dunno, just tell me." and she said "I'm Lebanese". Well, a buncha my family is Jewish so I was kinda like, "Oh ... never woulda guessed it." But even then, like 1997 ... Lebanon was not the most friendly place for Jews.

So ... you got:

Israel: They started it!

Lebanon: No, no ... Israel started it!

And this has been going on for how many years now? Is there not enough land? We got more desert in America ... if there's not enough desert over there ... we got plenty of focking desert. Sand dunes ... feel right at home ... just not next door neighbors!

I bet she gets confused for all kindsa everything. I dated a Korean girl once, and she was real tired of being mistaken for Chinese.

I'm curious ... I ask without impunity, if I can't tell. I've guessed wrong. Guessed someone who was Scottish wrong once, even.

Hey ... I'm just curious about your culture ... and you might be surprised what I am familiar with. It's not such a bad way to break the ice.

I was just thinking recently of an old friend of mine, and I guessed she was French, and she said, "No, guess again." and I said, "Turkish." and she said getting warmer ... and I said, "I dunno, just tell me." and she said "I'm Lebanese". Well, a buncha my family is Jewish so I was kinda like, "Oh ... never woulda guessed it." But even then, like 1997 ... Lebanon was not the most friendly place for Jews.

So ... you got:

Israel: They started it!

Lebanon: No, no ... Israel started it!

And this has been going on for how many years now? Is there not enough land? We got more desert in America ... if there's not enough desert over there ... we got plenty of focking desert. Sand dunes ... feel right at home ... just not next door neighbors!

What, are we going through every persecuted race in history now? Let's stick to the blacks for now man. :blink:

Black people in America ... are doing just fine.

See, Tiger Woods.

Or is he Asian?

Blaisian?

So let's say ... just for fun, I, a 100% WASP impregnated like a Stacy Dash (I'm guessing she has a white parent) ... who obviosly is not 100% African ... and we had 2 kids. Same parents. One came out dark skinned, the other light skinned.

Yer saying ... I could have a "black" child, even though the DNA is 75% European? Based on the childs skin color.

Yeah ... ummm ... I'm gonna hafta disagree with you there.

Doesn't matter ... the kid's European stock. Mostly ...... mostly.

Black people in America are doing just fine. See Tiger Woods. Or is he Asian?

Blaisian?

I believe the PC term for persons of combined Asian and Black heritage is A sack. At least that's what my friends LaShondra Wu and Hong Fei Washington tell me.

Well, a buncha my family is Jewish
I, a 100% WASP

:(

:(

Dad converted. Step-mother, all my little sisters are Jewish. Both my blood parents though, are WASPs.

Also, my Step-father is black. Not half black ... black, although his Dad was kinda light skinned.

Dad converted. Stepmother, all my little sisters are Jewish. Both my blood parents though, are WASPs.

You should have gone with the more tried-and-true response that is somewhat believable...

GFIAFP

You should have gone with the more tried-and-true response that is somewhat believable...

GFIAFP

Believe it or not .... IT'S TWUE! IT'S TWUE!