Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Clinton Portis 20 TD's this season ?

Al Saunders turned Marshall Faulk from a great all around RB to a TD machine , Turned Preist Holmes from a never was to a HOF TD maker , Larry Johnson froma malcontent to a TD machine ( GRANTED KC had an all world Line to go with :cheers: ) . Portis arguably has just as good of running ability as any of these guys. And Washingtons O line doesn't suck either as long as Samuels and Jensen are alright. Washington also added WR help with Llyod and Randle EL to spread the defense long. Looks like all da making of a unreal moster season from Clinton if Brunell can even come close to the level of QB play he showed last season . I predict a 1600 ru yard 18 TD season from Portis - am I crazy for thinking Portis goes for these numbers ? :wacko: :huh:

I agree, I am however a redskin fan. I think portis will explode this year and given the opportunity I will draft him in front of LT.

Al Saunders turned Marshall Faulk from a great all around RB to a TD machine , Turned Preist Holmes from a never was to a HOF TD maker , Larry Johnson froma malcontent to a TD machine ( GRANTED KC had an all world Line to go with :thumbsup: ) .

So let me ask you this, how much have you reduced your expectations for LJ now that Saunders is gone?

So let me ask you this, how much have you reduced your expectations for LJ now that Saunders is gone?

w/ Saunders 2,300 yards 29 TD's :o :thumbsup: And da poor little Dickerson cries :lol: :lol:

w/o Saunders 1800 yards 21 TD's :wacko:

looking at it though whatever RB Saunders has had really has excelled in TDs

With the #4 pick in my redraft league I sure hope you are right! I am a fan of Saunders as well and I think Portis will benefit, but...

1.) Washington's O-Line will be good, but they are not at the elite level K.C.s has been.

2.) Brunell is a huge x-factor. At times I hear he throws the ball 10 yards to the side of an intended receiver in non-contact drills, then the next play he hits em in stride between the numbers. I want to like the guy, but the inconsistency scares me. If Campbell had a year of starts under his belt last year I would have higher hopes for the offense. Brunell and Bledsoe are both QBs that usually have much better stats the first 8 games but their QB rating goes down every month throughout the season.

Concerning the Redskins, I had not felt completely comfortable for the last few years. This year however I'm feeling pretty good. How could you not ? GWilliams coaching the D while ASaunders spiffs up the O. And a proven winner in JGibbs overseeing it all.

Therefore Portis could have an all time best season ever for a RB. He could.

But I fear Gibbs fears killing his golden goose. I see him by the 4th-5th game using a big FB to slam in short yardage and goalline. Even then Portis isn't going to play all 16 games hard. There'll be games where they are winning and 2 or 3 others will get 4th quarter carries.

It's just a feeling. But one I can't shake.

I don't usually predict numbers but if CPortis gets 1250 yards and 12 TDs and we go 13-3, I'll be happy.

But if Portis is pushed by Saunders he could (staying healthy) get 1800 yards & 20 TDs.

This is definitely one of the big topics of this preseason. Personally I believe Portis is due for a big year although maybe not on the level you described. Consider the DLines in the NFC East...no easy baskets there. Regardless you should take your projection based on past performance and the players around him and bump it up a little with the knowledge that he has the OC calling the plays on his side in the redzone.

I am extrmely high on Portis also. I have pick 6 and plan on taking him or Steve Smith. I think Saunders will make him into a 1700yd. 16td back this year.

The overhyping of Portis is on the same level as underhyping of Tiki!

The overhyping of Portis is on the same level as underhyping of Tiki!

Portis = everydown back and 26 years old with the greatest RB OC going right now

Tiki = 31 with a ton of carries last few seasons ! lost short yaragde carries . Tell me other than Martin 1 season what RB 31 or older has had a top 10 like season ?

Are you some of the same people that were really high on Willis McGahee last year? :thumbsdown:

Portis = everydown back and 26 years old with the greatest RB OC going right now

Tiki = 31 with a ton of carries last few seasons ! lost short yaragde carries . Tell me other than Martin 1 season what RB 31 or older has had a top 10 like season ?

just to add; Portis averages just under 1500 a season in his short career. With a 4.7 yard per carry mainly because of his 2004 season when he had 1315 and had under 4 yds per carry.

and is 2 for 4 in passing with 2 TDs - 50% completion percentage baby!!!!!!!!!!! with a 116.7 QB rating

Link to his Stats

Portis is being overhyped. His last 2 seasons were not earth shattering enough to place him as the undisputed #4 RB.

Tiki is being underhyped. He is #2 best fantasy RB average over the last 2 years but everyone acts like it was a fluke or he is all of the sudden going to need a walker this year, even after watching him finish the season as strong as any RB in the league...he got better with a better work load and he never gets hurt. Portis has played injured or missed some time every year since he has been a starter.

But those who owned Tiki last year realize how dominant and consistent he is.

And just to note, in one league I had Tiki and Portis both as my starting RBs last year. Portis was good, Tiki was great.

I truly believe with Portis' talent that he will be top 3 this year. All points as to why have been covered above. Great 3rd round steal for me I guess? :thumbsup:

I truly believe with Portis' talent that he will be top 3 this year. All points as to why have been covered above. Great 3rd round steal for me I guess? :doh:

YUP! :lol: :thumbsup:

I truly believe with Portis' talent that he will be top 3 this year. All points as to why have been covered above. Great 3rd round steal for me I guess? :thumbsup:

3rd round? Wow...people were really scared of that shoulder huh.

I nabbed him in the 2nd...making up for the Ronnie Brown pick in the first.