Sign in to follow this  
jeffkomlo

Peter King of S.I

Peter King in S.I fantasy issue.

Says there is overemphasis on RBs in fantasy football. Says in 12 team league he would draft Manning first and over next 3 rounds will get three of these RBs:

R. Brown

Tatum Bell

Westbrook

Taylor

Maroney

De. Williams

then he'll "cobble together" a WR corps and be in the money in December.

Good advice? - don't see too many teams who draft Manning first winding up with good RBs

thoughts

I don't see where he'd be drafting from in order to get all of these guys. I won't lie, that team wouldn't be too bad if he were to get Ronnie Brown, Westbrook, and maybe a Chester Taylor. The problem is, I don't how it could be possible. Ronnie Brown Westbrook and Chester Taylor are all possible 2nd rounders.

PK knows his stuff, but I have seen too many owners fall down that way.

Depends on the format, but that appoach is not for me.

Depending on his draft position, he wouldn't get Ronnie Brown in the 2nd.

The rest of those backs should be there in 2/3.

I would like to have him in my leagues.

PK knows his stuff, but I have seen too many owners fall down that way.

Depends on the format, but that appoach is not for me.

Depending on his draft position, he wouldn't get Ronnie Brown in the 2nd.

The rest of those backs should be there in 2/3.

I would like to have him in my leagues.

umm, he knows what the deal is with his fat disgusting daughter and her stellar field hockey career at Notre dame, and thats about it.

To actually consider anything this ###### has to say about FF is just insane...

That's too general of a statement to make - it would depend on the rules and draft position. If an owner had the 12'th and 13'th, you could go with Manning and Brown or Westbrook and then take your chances with the other RBs.

But there little chance that an owner could get both Brown and Westbrook if they drafted QB first. So I'm with the others (though I think King is a good columnist).

I don't see where he'd be drafting from in order to get all of these guys. I won't lie, that team wouldn't be too bad if he were to get Ronnie Brown, Westbrook, and maybe a Chester Taylor. The problem is, I don't how it could be possible. Ronnie Brown Westbrook and Chester Taylor are all possible 2nd rounders.
Maybe he is reffering to The Fragile One and not Chester.

Guest MUGS

If your league gives 6pt td's for Qb's like mine, I can see Manning going in the 1st rnd, and has in mine.

It does change your strat with 6pt td's and some rb's will fall to the 3rd

If mock drafts are any indication, Ronnie Brown won't make it past the first 10 picks. However, I agree that most FFLers have too much man love for RBs in the early rounds. I believe that a strong team from top to bottom wins titles. In the right kind of scoring league, Manning is better than most RBs. When he had his record setting year a couple of years ago he single handedly delivered championships to many teams. This is what makes FFL so great. Different strokes for different folks. As for PK, he's just another journalist with an opinion. Take if for what it's worth. He's the one getting paid for his thoughts and ideas, not us.

Peter King in S.I fantasy issue.

Says there is overemphasis on RBs in fantasy football. Says in 12 team league he would draft Manning first and over next 3 rounds will get three of these RBs:

R. Brown

Tatum Bell

Westbrook

Taylor

Maroney

De. Williams

then he'll "cobble together" a WR corps and be in the money in December.

Good advice? - don't see too many teams who draft Manning first winding up with good RBs

thoughts

I have my doubts that receiving core of Pinkston, Finneran, and Frisman Jackson is going to carry him to the promised land.

Uh, Peter King and expert fantasy advice are two subjects you'll never hear in the same sentence.

If I had pick 1.1 I would still take Peyton Manning and start him each week. He doesn't get hurt like these running backs who are a liability every play. Thats just me, is that too crazy or not? Manning will get over 40 TD passes again this year and probably get about 200-250 pass yards each time, that could be a lot of needed consistency.

If you're using ESPN's top 200 ranking sheet, if you take Manning in the first, the RB's you can get in the 2nd round of a 12 team league at the end of the snake would be somebody like Ronnie Brown, Cadillac or Westbrook, pretty good so far. In the 3rd and 4th round, about 36th pick overall, using Peter King's theory you would go 2 more RB's with upside like Maroney or DeAngelo Williams. In the 5th and 6th rounds, about 60th overall, is when you'd get to your WRs which would be someone like Driver and Joe Horn. That gives you a potential team of Manning, Ronnie Brown, Maroney, Williams, Driver and Horn, not too bad.

The other option is going RB/RB in the 1st/2nd rounds. Now you're looking at Ronnie Brown AND Cadillac. 3rd and 4th rounds can be QB/WR which would probably look like Reggie Wayne and Donovan McNabb. In the 5th/6th rounds you can fill out your roster with best available like Joe Horn and DeAngelo Williams.

Peter King: Manning, Brown, Maroney, D. Williams, Driver, Horn

Rb/Rb: McNabb, Brown, Cadillac, D. Williams, Wayne, Horn,

I don't know about you but I would definitley take the downgrade from Manning to McNabb to get two studs like Cadillac and Reggie Wayne on my roster.

If you want to lose your fantasy league listen to these clowns.

If you're using ESPN's top 200 ranking sheet, if you take Manning in the first, the RB's you can get in the 2nd round of a 12 team league at the end of the snake would be somebody like Ronnie Brown, Cadillac or Westbrook, pretty good so far.

You're not getting Brown there. Probably not Caddy or Westbrook either.

In the 3rd and 4th round, about 36th pick overall, using Peter King's theory you would go 2 more RB's with upside like Maroney or DeAngelo Williams.

I don't want either of those guys as RB#2

In the 5th and 6th rounds, about 60th overall, is when you'd get to your WRs which would be someone like Driver and Joe Horn.

Driver in the 5th/6th? No.

Peter King may know football, but he's clueless in regards to fantasy football. He needs to stay with what he knows best and leave the rest of it to us. :blink:

If you're using ESPN's top 200 ranking sheet, if you take Manning in the first, the RB's you can get in the 2nd round of a 12 team league at the end of the snake would be somebody like Ronnie Brown, Cadillac or Westbrook, pretty good so far.

The thing is that Brown's ADP is 1.08 so you couldn't get him in all likelihood, Cadillac is 1.12 and Westbrook is 2.01. So if you drafted 11'th or 12'th you could get Manning and maybe one of Caddy/Westbrook. But if you take Manning any earlier, none of the RBs you mentioned would be available on the way back.

In the 3rd and 4th round, about 36th pick overall, using Peter King's theory you would go 2 more RB's with upside like Maroney or DeAngelo Williams. In the 5th and 6th rounds, about 60th overall, is when you'd get to your WRs which would be someone like Driver and Joe Horn. That gives you a potential team of Manning, Ronnie Brown, Maroney, Williams, Driver and Horn, not too bad."

Well you'd have to replace Brown with Caddy/Westbrook and while I think Driver is a sleeper, that team is not very strong. Horn is risky at in the 6'th, especially given Driver is your #1.

"Peter King: Manning, Brown, Maroney, D. Williams, Driver, Horn

Rb/Rb: McNabb, Brown, Cadillac, D. Williams, Wayne, Horn,

I don't know about you but I would definitley take the downgrade from Manning to McNabb to get two studs like Cadillac and Reggie Wayne on my roster.

Definitely agree with you here.

You have to wonder what kind of ego guys like PK must have. To write advice columns on a game he has likely never played and which he obviously knows nothing about. :rolleyes:

Peter King sucks. That team he "thinks" he is building wouldnever happen. Ronnie Brown would never make it to the second round in any draft I have seen.