2.11--Marvin Harrison, WR, Ind--Doyle

2.12--Randy Moss, WR, Oak--Zap

Round 2

2.1--Reggie Bush, RB, NO--Diesel

2.2--Torry Holt, WR, SL--Pretender

Holy Goidy Batman!

I had every intention of reaching for RB at the first turn! :blink:

Also, I was hoping Torry would fall to his ADP at the first turn! :dunno:

Pretender going for the PURE Stud WR Theory. Interesting.

PIK must be overjoyed to have these two wackos drafting after him every turn!

Just out of old protocol, let's refrain from discussing unchosen players, thanks!

I am doing a gamble with going back to back WR at the corner. Figured I'd start the WR run and be at the beginning. Don't like TO even though he is good and Fitz - too much competition. So it was Steve Smith or Torry Holt in my eyes. Smith's injuries worry me so Holt is a solid performer and should do well. Only time will tell if my risky theory works out. :banana:

Sure this isn't a PPR league :banana:

I am doing a gamble with going back to back WR at the corner. Figured I'd start the WR run and be at the beginning. Don't like TO even though he is good and Fitz - too much competition. So it was Steve Smith or Torry Holt in my eyes. Smith's injuries worry me so Holt is a solid performer and should do well. Only time will tell if my risky theory works out. :lol:

Sure this isn't a PPR league :P

Just out of old protocol, let's refrain from discussing unchosen players, thanks!

Glad Reggie is gone, I would have to give him serious consideration at the 2.07 and I didn't really want to...

Huge gamble as I have never seen Stud WR work yet, maybe this is the year for it...

Glad Reggie is gone, I would have to give him serious consideration at the 2.07 and I didn't really want to...

Huge gamble as I have never seen Stud WR work yet, maybe this is the year for it...

I've seen stud WR work for one guy in three leagues one year.

I guess I wasn't really reaching for Reggie at the first turn. In a sense I'm glad he's out of the way too. But I did covet him.

My bad. I apologize. Fingers are zipped!

Thank you. You weren't the only one, and it isn't a real big deal early in a draft, but the precedent can really anger some later (some sooner :dunno:). Most of us are very solid on who and why early in these drafts, so no damage done, but a round or so from now... oooh, bad form. Just nipping it in the bud. No harm done. Right Scooter? :D

Thank you. You weren't the only one, and it isn't a real big deal early in a draft, but the precedent can really anger some later (some sooner :banana:). Most of us are very solid on who and why early in these drafts, so no damage done, but a round or so from now... oooh, bad form. Just nipping it in the bud. No harm done. Right Scooter? :D

oh, none whatsoever. Was just venting, as that's something that drives me nutty. Now it's said & done.

:wall:

Now, back to the draft...

I am thrilled that I got the guy I was targeting here, but irritated becaue Westbrook was a bargain. There's been some really interesting picking, but I'm glad I got a guy i think will score big points here. I would have rather had Westy, but I didn't think he'd be there anyway. Plus he gets hurt a lot.

I woulda taken Owens over any WR not named Fitz this year.

I was hoping Manning would fall one more spot after falling all the way to 2.06

I was torn between TO and Westy but had to go with Westbrook...

Major issues with both but also great upside...

I was hoping Manning would fall one more spot after falling all the way to 2.06

I was torn between TO and Westy but had to go with Westbrook...

Major issues with both but also great upside...

if Manning had come back to me I would have had to think very hard about it.

Then taken Owens.

I would like to thank those Spastic Children for taking T.O. It saves me the trouble of having the debate of whether to take him or not. :argue: Also I have predrafted for the next 2 picks just in case I come up overnight. Will check in the morning. :cry:

I would like to thank those Spastic Children for taking T.O. It saves me the trouble of having the debate of whether to take him or not. :cry:

hey, same thing happened with manning & westy for me, so best of luck to ya. I had it narrowed to 3 players. TO had the best chance to hit 17 TDs.

hey, same thing happened with manning & westy for me, so best of luck to ya. I had it narrowed to 3 players. TO had the best chance to hit 17 TDs.

Can't argue with that logic. :bench:

I've seen stud WR work for one guy in three leagues one year.

I guess I wasn't really reaching for Reggie at the first turn. In a sense I'm glad he's out of the way too. But I did covet him.

And I thought I would be called a guppy if I picked Bush on the turn. (I did consider it but felt it was a reach) Looks like I had a lot of compnay. He is valued a lot higher than I thought he would be in a redraft - though he put on quite the run the other night. Well, I didn't get the chance to pick him anyway so I'll see if I can't get this stud WR theory to work :doublethumbsup:

I would like to thank those Spastic Children for taking T.O. It saves me the trouble of having the debate of whether to take him or not. :argue: Also I have predrafted for the next 2 picks just in case I come up overnight. Will check in the morning. :doublethumbsup:

Doyle is predrafted for his next two also. I'll be up late. So, if ExFajita picks tonight this will zoom back to scooter in a matter of minutes. Of course, I'll be the slowest because I haven't predrafted. Still reeling from the Bush Holt start to round 2.

Can't argue with that logic. ;)

Well, I'd never take Manning in the 2nd round. Personal preference.

As for Westbrook, the injury potential is exactly as great as his potential to be HUGE.

So my point was I'm just glad I didn't have to make the choice. I probably woulda taken Westbrook and then woulda been pissed when he got "Portis'd"

Speaking of, where's Cold Canadian Beer at? :argue:

And I thought I would be called a guppy if I picked Bush on the turn. (I did consider it but felt it was a reach) Looks like I had a lot of compnay. He is valued a lot higher than I thought he would be in a redraft - though he put on quite the run the other night. Well, I didn't get the chance to pick him anyway so I'll see if I can't get this stud WR theory to work :doublethumbsup:

I think Bush was a serious reach.

That said, if he made it to me I might have grabbed him at 3.05 on the way back, so if you wanted him on your team you had to. :thumbsup:

Just a comment. With 8 teams making two picks each, three out of eight have gone RB RB. I guess it isn't that unusual this year, but historically in competitive leagues it's a very rare season. Also, I like all three RB RB combos. I'm one of those who's a little low on Edge this year, but man he was an unexpected bargain for Diesel at #12. I wish he took Reggie first and Edge second. Then we could have a league where Bush was a 1st rounder and Edge not! :headbanger:

Just a comment. With 8 teams making two picks each, three out of eight have gone RB RB. I guess it isn't that unusual this year, but historically in competitive leagues it's a very rare season. Also, I like all three RB RB combos. I'm one of those who's a little low on Edge this year, but man he was an unexpected bargain for Diesel at #12. I wish he took Reggie first and Edge second. Then we could have a league where Bush was a 1st rounder and Edge not! :huh:

:lol: the reason i picked Edge first was because i already knew he was one of the players i was going to pick. My other pick i was contiplating between Reggie, T.O., and a couple other RBs. T.O. has too much drama for me & the hammy issue. After ruling him out, i was left with Reggie or a few others to choose from. I said the hell with it, might as well make it interesting, so i swung for the fence and picked Reggie. Hope it pays off :headbanger:

Im very surprised more RBs werent taken in the first two round. I remember last year, nearly everyone went RB RB in the first two rounds.

Well, I'd never take Manning in the 2nd round. Personal preference.

As for Westbrook, the injury potential is exactly as great as his potential to be HUGE.

So my point was I'm just glad I didn't have to make the choice. I probably woulda taken Westbrook and then woulda been pissed when he got "Portis'd"

Speaking of, where's Cold Canadian Beer at? :banana:

I think Bush was a serious reach.

That said, if he made it to me I might have grabbed him at 3.05 on the way back, so if you wanted him on your team you had to. :lol:

Thats the thing, he wouldnt have lasted until my next pick. Oh well.

Speaking of, where's Cold Canadian Beer at? :cheers:

Not looking good for tonight. I'm trying to queue up five players so I can make the turn after he picks.

I did some funky fluid variable projections this year that make draft software useless. I'm so befuddled with my next two picks that I plugged static projections into the software tonight to see what it says. Ugh, I don't like what it's tellling me to do. I choked my 3rd rounder last year (bad projections), and only recovered from it because of LJ. I don't think there's an LJ out there to save my arse this year though. I sure wish he'd pick, because I'll lose sleep tonight wondering whom of the five I get! I think Diesel's reach was about a round early, which means he had to do it if he wanted him. I'm very possibly in the same boat here.

I'm going to try to project the 4-5 corner before setting an order to my top five. But the way this has started projecting two rounds is futile. Oy, I need to get a life. :lol:

Apologies for halting a good run tonight. It was too far away to predraft (was still at 1.09) when I left for my gig. I know many would say Gates is a reach at 2.09 but everyone I would have picked ahead of him was off the board and I doubt he would have lasted to 3.04.

Apologies for halting a good run tonight. It was too far away to predraft (was still at 1.09) when I left for my gig. I know many would say Gates is a reach at 2.09 but everyone I would have picked ahead of him was off the board and I doubt he would have lasted to 3.04.

You are correct. He was going to be my "reach" at the first corner. :pointstosky:

I wanted him and Moss or Harrison. I got Moss.

He may well have lasted...

but even so, I can't see how you pass up on Harrison there. :pointstosky:

He may well have lasted...

but even so, I can't see how you pass up on Harrison there. :wacko:

Got to agree with Scooter. Gates would not have made it back to you, but I would have gone with Harrison. But like you say, if you wanted Gates, you had to take him there. :lol:

Gates VBD number was shouting at me, so I would have taken him (with Randy or Marvin).

Best I can tell, Doyle checked in last night around 6pm and hasn't appeared since. His queue was set for full blown autopicking from his rankings. He told me his rankings were all set for his offense and he was working on his IDPs. Now his queue is set for "never". I have a feeling this wasn't deliberate and he believes he's good to go. Prolly got the IDPs ranked and his queue fell back to the default. This could take awhile, but be patient please. It's nice to see him active again. Those of you who don't know, he was crippled in an accident a little over a year ago. We're way ahead of schedule, so...

Folks, if you're using the predraft, you have to double-check your preferences after all changes. Sometimes it will fall back to the default setting, which is never, which will not autopick for you.

Got to agree with Scooter. Gates would not have made it back to you, but I would have gone with Harrison. But like you say, if you wanted Gates, you had to take him there. :banana:

Using the scoring system for this league:

2004: Difference in FF points between M.H. and the 10th WR ranked after him: 42

2005: Difference in FF points between M.H. and the 10th WR ranked after him : 42

2004: Difference in FF points between A.G. and the 10th TE ranked after him : 105

2005: Difference in FF points between A.G. and the 10th TE ranked after him : 88

May not have been the consensus pick, but I use a range for my projections rather than one number and my VBD, AVT and gut all said go Gates. Might turn out to be the wrong pick at the end of the season but I made it for what I consider logical reasons.

Using the scoring system for this league:

2004: Difference in FF points between M.H. and the 10th WR ranked after him: 42

2005: Difference in FF points between M.H. and the 10th WR ranked after him : 42

2004: Difference in FF points between A.G. and the 10th TE ranked after him : 105

2005: Difference in FF points between A.G. and the 10th TE ranked after him : 88

May not have been the consensus pick there, but it's hardly a shocking reach either.

In this system a year ago Gates outscoured TE2 by 46 points. TE2 outscored TE5 by 13 points. Who knows how different people project him this year and I've seen all kinds of pro and con arguments. I think he is what he is, the class of the league at his position, and that makes his VBD#s scream, pick me pick me. Knowing he would not have fallen makes it a good pick for EF, imo.

Gates went a little early, but not shockingly early. If you start putting together the possible picks, Gates is the only TE that should be taken before round 3, and I have seen him go in the second round, so I thought it was a pretty solid choice~JMHO