Sign in to follow this  
devius

Who will be the man in Indy?

i know this is an ongoing arguement. but i just drafted rhodes in the 6th round and i dont have addai... so i must hear everybody's speculation on whats going to happen. rhodes? addai? or RBBC?

Even though the coaches say they don't want RBBC, I think that is what they'll have. They will rely on Rhodes plenty due to his experience. I think you got a decent value, no way I'd risk taking Addai in the first or second...

addai will be the man in indy...rhodes will only be a support back to spell addai and shouldn't see many more carries than he did with edge

Rhodes will be an excellent start for you at the beginning of the season. As Addai becomes more familiar and the coaches like what they see, he may get more time. But count on Rhodes for the 1st 4-6 games..

I certainly don't expect a rookie to step into the Colts complex offense and start.

Rhodes will be a steal in the draft this year.

...which is exactly what edge did. Addai is an edge clone down to the inch and pound. In fact, he has the same style. The only question mark is blocking ability and learning the offense, but I certainly don't see them sitting addai in favor of rhodes for those reasons (again, think edge when he was drafted). Rhodes is not a number 1 NFL running back.

Rhodes will be an excellent start for you at the beginning of the season. As Addai becomes more familiar and the coaches like what they see, he may get more time. But count on Rhodes for the 1st 4-6 games..

think he'll become great trade bait at midseason?

Nope, i think he will become a #1 fantasy RB midseason. Thus you wont be trading him. :doublethumbsup:

To the Addai owner, sure. Also, for a lot of these situations (NE, CAR, IND), paying attention to your bye weeks can pay off nicely. i drafted Rhodes at 7.09 to back up LT (1.04) during his week 3 bye. IF LT's bye was in week 8, I would have thought twice. After week 3, I'll try to trade him to the Addai owner.

I was watching the colts/seahawks game last night and the comment was made that adai is a very good pass blocker and has shown it well up to this point. I am a rhodes owner in a dynasty league and that makes me lean on rhodes for the first 3-4 games, he probably won't make it to 6 games as the starter if that comment is true.

It's starting to look like there won't be A man, but rather two men. I could see a 50/50 split in touches for these guys. Addai is a better pass protecter which could give him a slight edge though.

a question to which there is no answer to right now. My guess is even Tony Dungy doesn't know what he's going to be doing. Even if he did, he's not saying, so we don't know anything and all this is is a bunch of speculation.

anything can happen right now. Maybe if your draft is held in October you'll have a clearer picture of this situation.

addai will be the man in indy...rhodes will only be a support back to spell addai and shouldn't see many more carries than he did with edge

:dunno:

Unless its a keeper league stay away from Addai this year. I drafted him in a keeper, but dont plan to use him until next year.

This year will be mostly Rhodes or a 50- 50 split. But just looking at the colts draft patterns(Great 1st round history), and the contracts(even if Addai sucks hell be starting next year, its just how the NFL salary cap works)...Addai is worth taking for next year.

Btw dont judge anything by preseason, especially the colts. They went winless last preseason and dont care about them......There is wayyy tooo many people judging the RB situation by meaningless preseason games.

Addai is probably one of the most overrated players in the draft this year. No way he takes over full duties this year unless Indy's season tanks for some reason (re: peyton gets hurt).

Edge took over as a rook when Indy's offense was much less complex and I dont see Addai getting major PT this year. Rhodes has proven to be capable of carrying the load and to be honest, i just dont see what everyone is talking about with Addai. To me, he's looked slow and unsure in his time.

Addai is probably one of the most overrated players in the draft this year. No way he takes over full duties this year unless Indy's season tanks for some reason (re: peyton gets hurt).

Edge took over as a rook when Indy's offense was much less complex and I dont see Addai getting major PT this year. Rhodes has proven to be capable of carrying the load and to be honest, i just dont see what everyone is talking about with Addai. To me, he's looked slow and unsure in his time.

:doublethumbsup:

I expect Addai to be gradually worked into the everydown back as the season goes along, you may see RBBC for the first 3 or 4 weeks but after that I believe Addai will be the man. I live in Indy and have been to a few training camp practices and Addai has been the better back throughout training camp.

I expect Addai to be gradually worked into the everydown back as the season goes along, you may see RBBC for the first 3 or 4 weeks but after that I believe Addai will be the man. I live in Indy and have been to a few training camp practices and Addai has been the better back throughout training camp.

Seriously? Because I've been hearing differently....

How is he doing learning the Colts offense?

Is he as good as Rhodes at picking up the blitz? (none of them will be as good as Edge)

Addaii didn't look very good in short yardage situations, but we still haven't seen enough of him to know yet.

I watched a ton of LSU games while he was in college and one thing's for sure - he's a solid receiver and is great after the catch.

He is still in the learning process but he is progressing very quickly that is why I believe he will be the man about week 5 of the season.

I really like what I saw from Addai last nite.

Madden made the point about him being coached by Nick Saban. Addai is a hard worker, has a great feel for the game, and seems to pick up new things quickly.

I love his cutback ability and the way he hits the tiniest running lanes. He runs the stretch play almost as well as Edge did, and we know what James did his first few years in the league.

Personally, I don't think the Colts' brass has enough confidence in Rhodes. If they did, they wouldn't have spent a first round pick on another RB, IMO.

To me, the writing's on the wall, and it's saying Addai will be the man.

Addai is a better pass protecter which could give him a slight edge though.

Are you on crack?

Also, I agree that Addai is the most overrated player in this years draft. It is Rhodes job to lose and he wont lose it. I seriously think he could put up top 10 #s this year... i wont draft him there but he is a steal in any draft

Personally, I don't think the Colts' brass has enough confidence in Rhodes. If they did, they wouldn't have spent a first round pick on another RB, IMO.

To me it was saying they only had 2 Rb's on the whole team at that time with Rhodes and Mungro & it was a team NEEEEED ,, hey but that's just me :(

:echo:

Very few teams do RBBC. The colts definetly won't because they believe in getting their RB into the flow of the game.

One of Addai's strengths is in the pass-blocking game. Dungy has been quoted as saying that it will be "tough" to get Addai out of the game.

Rhodes might be the week one starter... but Addai has the confidence of the organization. RB is the easiest position to play as a rookie (Ronnie and Caddy are prime examples).

I don't think it's going out on a limb to say Addai will be the most valuable rookie RB this year, unless Bush gets close to a full load of carries.

apparently theres no real consensus on the matter. except that rhodes will get the ball at the beginning of the season. which should have his value ahead of addai. could be the thomas jones of this year..

I don't think it's going out on a limb to say Addai will be the most valuable rookie RB this year, unless Bush gets close to a full load of carries.

You can throw the whole going out on a limb thing right out the freakin window for the 2006 season....

You can go out on any limb you like.....

The whole damn league is hangin off limbs this season....

It's not crazy to saying anything this year..... everything is speculation because in Fact none of us know $hit right now about half the crap going on around the league regarding teams and what they plan to do.... :dunno:

Wouldn't shock me If Addai runs for 1,400 and 15 scores, then again wouldn't shock me if his only role this year is to occasionally spells Rhodes here and there.... :dunno: Gonna be a fun 2006 boys :headbanger:

I took Addai at 4.11 and Rhodes at 6.11 So I guess I am covered. From what I have read its Rhodes job to lose. I took Addai first with the expectation of taking Rhodes and was able to. But with all the hype if you want Addai you have to spend a 4th or 5th rounder to get him.

I heard what Madden said as well about the coach's commenting about him being coached by Saban and really being NFL ready. I also heard that they don't want a RBBC approach any more than we do.

I thought that Addai was the most solid overall RB in the draft meaning speed, running, blocking and catching. He wasn't the best at every one of those, but probably top 3 in each category which makes him well rounded. He has a legitimate chance to play at a fairly high level in the NFL.

But this is Manning's team whether anyone will admit it. He may get the start but he will be on a short leash. Let him blow a few blitz pickups and his ass will be on the bench until next August. Especially with the way that offense has just died when anyother QB is in there, Manning is more important than a 10 yd gain on a stretch play here and there. They've won with other RB's plugged in there, but without Manning they all know that they are screwed beyond belief.

Rhodes isn't exactly terrible either, they guy is proven and while he may not be a 1600 yd RB he is a known commodity and has paid his dues. The upside for Addai is intriguing, but unless he is just head and shoulders better than everyone else I think that the nod goes to Rhodes.

I also understand the mentallity of having one go to guy in there, but Rhodes doesn't strike me as a guy who can carry the load like Edge did. I mean even Edge got spelled from time to time. They also knew that they could throw Rhodes in there and get by, they don't really have that luxury if one goes down now. If you ask me they will start Rhodes and put Addai in there for about 10 plays a game to spell him and to get some reps for the future.

Just my opinion here.

I have Addai so I a really hoping he starts sooner than later...

However, both of them pretty much sucked it up last night and the previous game so I am going out on a limb thinking that the colts oline and tight ends arent doing much to dispell the situation... on that 4th down play Addai was tackled at his ankles behind the line, that was pathetic blocking....

Hopefully one will emerge so that I can be happy with Addai or drop him into FA if Rhodes is the man...

I certainly don't expect a rookie to step into the Colts complex offense and start.

:banana: Plus Rhodes has been the starter in pre-season so far, and has done quite well so far this pre-season.

I agree. Every year I am amazed by how overvalued rookies are. The Colts are a contender right now and I just don't see them trusting a rookie with the season, when they have a very capable guy. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm lovin all the Addai hype cause I'll snatch up Rohdes as a 3rd and then pry Addai away from some sucker.

:wub: Plus Rhodes has been the starter in pre-season so far, and has done quite well so far this pre-season.

yeah, 10 carries for 25 yards is just incredible... and no receptions... that would be utterly fantastic if he were playing in Arizona...

yeah, 10 carries for 25 yards is just incredible... and no receptions... that would be utterly fantastic if he were playing in Arizona...

He has done nothing detremental to the offense in his limited pre-season play, like fumble or not pick up a block, so he is doing everything he needs to do to secure the starting RB gig.

He has done nothing detremental to the offense in his limited pre-season play, like fumble or not pick up a block, so he is doing everything he needs to do to secure the starting RB gig.

for that matter, neither has Addai... I have Addai but speaking from a non-fantasy point of view, I hope Rhodes gets his chance and makes the most of it...

from a fantasy point of view, bench him now and start the kid... :wub:

for that matter, neither has Addai

I agree. But Addai has not had any "WOW!" moments so far this pre-season either, so I don't think he will overtake Rhodes as the starter from what we have seen so far.

He (Rhodes) has done nothing detremental to the offense in his limited pre-season play, like fumble or not pick up a block, so he is doing everything he needs to do to secure the starting RB gig.

Well..other than missing the block of the train that knocked Sorgi over in his own end zone last week.

Well..other than missing the block of the train that knocked Sorgi over in his own end zone last week.

IndyTom....there you are!

How about an update on the Addai/Rhodes situation?