l

l

l

l

l

l

j

Good luck fishing. <_<

Bush is now returning some punts and kickoffs? Wow, that's going to vault his fantasy value even higher.

He's going to be a stud right away. 2nd round pick.

Bush is now returning some punts and kickoffs? Wow, that's going to vault his fantasy value even higher.

He's going to be a stud right away. 2nd round pick.

STUD RIGHT AWAY???????? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

check back in around Oct

YOU ARE DOOOOOOMED

Wow, that's going to vault his fantasy value even higher.

cant you see he is too expensive already? especially in redrafts

you have been blinded

and are DOOOOOOOMED

Brian Westbrook = Reggie Bush......numbers will be very similar...

Westbrook would have no problem passing Demarkus Ware, Bush just got stuffed.

Dont you see that expectations are too high right now?

Have fun with your pick

Look at those cuts and explosion upfield.

20-25 touches on offense every week. Now Fielding punts and kickoffs too??? Too much athleticism not to put up legit 2nd round pick, 2nd RB type numbers now. And that's not even scratching the surface of his ceiling.

You take him in the 2nd round.

Don't you mean Demarcus Ware.....man we are all so lucky to have your insight

20-25 touches on offense every week. Now Fielding punts and kickoffs too??? Too much athleticism not to put up legit 2nd round pick, 2nd RB type numbers now. And that's not even scratching the surface of his ceiling.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I did nt see any cuts and explosion today, all i saw was a Rb who was using his speed and moves in college against soft opponents .

But you know what in the Nfl they have seen a few guys like Bush and he wont be able to do what he did in College , the defensive players are much faster .

So today Bush was very very unimpressive .

Maroney is the best RB coming out of this year draft by far .

Don't you think we are all being a little premature in evaluating who will do what........Nobody has any idea who will be the best RB in the 2006 draft and if you want to predict at least wait until they play week 1. It would be more meaningful to hear some insight like around week 8 or 9.....JMO

Wow, the guy is running against the D SHaun Alexander can't run againt in his 2nd pro game ever and we are mocking him..

STUD ALL THE WAY

This game is a reaffirmation of what I have been saying since day one of Reggie getting drafted by the Saints...

Reggie's value is in PPR leagues. Guess what, the Saints are not that great. McAllister ran well in his two carries... actually better than I had expected. He ran hard and moved the pile. But how often are the Saints going to be able to play that brand of football? Answer: not nearly as often as they would like.

They will be playing from behind more often than not... and Reggie will be the one on the field, not Deuce. On Reggie's worst day he'll have 5 catches, and total 50-80 yards.

But he will break some long plays and get some TD's. He will have big games with 6-10 catches 150-200 yards and 1-2 TD's. But in a PPR, he will give you a consistent double digit score, no matter what... because of the catches.

Payton is going to try and design plays to get him the ball in open space... just like that screen on third down. They'll pound the ball with Deuce. Deuce will get plenty of carries when the Saints are playing well, but I don't expect that to happen too often.

On a good day Deuce will get 20-25 touches... and Reggie will get about 15 on offense.

On a bad day... Deuce will get 15 touches and Bush will get 15 still... with a lot of catches.

As one of the drivers of the Reggie hype wagon, I'll admit he didn't look good running inside tonight. But he did look good on one run (Stretch play) and he did look good on that screen. The inside runs are just to keep defenses honest as it relates to Bush... but they will try and get him outside. If teams respect that too much, then Reggie will have some moderate success inside.

Don't you think we are all being a little premature in evaluating who will do what........Nobody has any idea who will be the best RB in the 2006 draft and if you want to predict at least wait until they play week 1. It would be more meaningful to hear some insight like around week 8 or 9.....JMO

You do realize this is a fantasy football site don't you?

Look at his versatility, look at his COD, come on. He will be great for sure. I don't know if thats this year. He could possibly be GOAT, Greatest of All-Time! But I won't assume that yet.

Your mom gave me the same compliment last night.

:mad:

I have tears running down my face. Oh my God that is funny.

Ok nasdaq obviously is just trying to get a bigger post count with this thread and has no fantasy insight, but I think the thread has a good point.... He will have a hard time getting rushing yards if he dances around like he was in college. His team will be lucky to win 5-7 games this year, but *and this has been stated already* he will get the ball, and he will be getting receptions. There is no doubt he will be a solid 2nd round pick. I took him #3 overall in my 4 man keeper league, over FWP and Westbrook.

what a performance tonight

LOSER IT IS PRE-SEASON... You better get that heaping helping of crow ready for later in the season, yous a gonna need it... Besides we all know the big boys play on wall street, and the small time chumps hang out at the nasdaq :mad: MB

I drafted a couple weeks ago and Bush fell to me at 5.02. Prior to the draft I was in the camp that felt Bush was over-hyped as a 1-3 rounder ahead of Starting RBs who will get most of the carries (Dunn, Foster, Parker, etc). But in the 5th round I had to take him based on his hype and upside over guys like Fred Taylor or LenDale White.

The fact is ITS FOCKING PRESEASON...whether you were hyping Bush following his Preseason Game 1 or saying "he is a total goat" following this game....ITS PRESEASON.

Bush will be a dynamic talent who shares carries and breaks off the occasional big time highlight reel play, but also is not a dependable 20 carry back. This we knew before the preseason, and this is how it will be.

So everyone find a new thread to be in.

LOSER IT IS PRE-SEASON... You better get that heaping helping of crow ready for later in the season, yous a gonna need it... Besides we all know the big boys play on wall street, and the small time chumps hang out at the nasdaq :pointstosky: MB

:doublethumbsup:

Your mom gave me the same compliment last night.

Wow u r g ay

I was wondering how R. Bush would do against a very good run defense, about what I would expect for a rookie. That said, those who took him in the 1-3 rounds probably screwed themselves pretty nicely.

This game is a reaffirmation of what I have been saying since day one of Reggie getting drafted by the Saints...

Reggie's value is in PPR leagues. Guess what, the Saints are not that great. McAllister ran well in his two carries... actually better than I had expected. He ran hard and moved the pile. But how often are the Saints going to be able to play that brand of football? Answer: not nearly as often as they would like.

They will be playing from behind more often than not... and Reggie will be the one on the field, not Deuce. On Reggie's worst day he'll have 5 catches, and total 50-80 yards.

But he will break some long plays and get some TD's. He will have big games with 6-10 catches 150-200 yards and 1-2 TD's. But in a PPR, he will give you a consistent double digit score, no matter what... because of the catches.

Payton is going to try and design plays to get him the ball in open space... just like that screen on third down. They'll pound the ball with Deuce. Deuce will get plenty of carries when the Saints are playing well, but I don't expect that to happen too often.

On a good day Deuce will get 20-25 touches... and Reggie will get about 15 on offense.

On a bad day... Deuce will get 15 touches and Bush will get 15 still... with a lot of catches.

As one of the drivers of the Reggie hype wagon, I'll admit he didn't look good running inside tonight. But he did look good on one run (Stretch play) and he did look good on that screen. The inside runs are just to keep defenses honest as it relates to Bush... but they will try and get him outside. If teams respect that too much, then Reggie will have some moderate success inside.

You do realize this is a fantasy football site don't you?

why is everyone so suprised with Deuce?....I bet many would be suprised if he gets 1000 and 8 this year....

This guy was a stud.......one of the best backs in the league until he got hurt....why cant he bounce back?.....everyone this year is writing off everyone and anyone who got hurt or had a bad year last year....weather it be Favre or Deuce......why cant good players bounce back???.....I just dont get it....and since when are Rookie RBs ...even more so the ones who share time so valuable now a days??...

why is everyone so suprised with Deuce?....I bet many would be suprised if he gets 1000 and 8 this year....

This guy was a stud.......one of the best backs in the league until he got hurt....why cant he bounce back?.....everyone this year is writing off everyone and anyone who got hurt or had a bad year last year....weather it be Favre or Deuce......why cant good players bounce back???.....I just dont get it....and since when are Rookie RBs ...even more so the ones who share time so valuable now a days??...

First, here's the stats:

2002: (15 games) 325 carries, 1388 yards rushing (4.3 ypc) - 47 rec, 352 yards - 16TD's

2003: (16 games) 351 carries, 1641 yards rushing (4.7 ypc) - 69 rec, 516 yards - 8 TD's

2004: (14 games) 269 carries, 1074 yards rushing (4.0 ypc) - 34 rec, 228 yards - 9 TD's

2005: (5 games) 93 carries, 335 yards (3.0 ypc) - 17 rec for 117 yards, 3 TD's

In 2005 coming off (a high ankle sprain I believe it was) he just didn't look like the same back last year. his 3.0 ypc gave every evidence in that. In his defense, the Saints did have some major stuff to deal with Katrina and all.

However, coming off a major injury (ACL) less than a year ago... I just didn't expect much from him this year. I thought his body was starting to break down a bit with heavy carries in 02, 03 and somewhat in 04. I am not saying he can't bounce back... I just don't tihnk the cards were in his favor, and I still feel that way. That's two major injuries in as many years.

Either Bush was taken right before you were able to draft him or he spit in your face when you met him.

So much venom, man. You don't hide it well.

Dude your crazy. He isnt even starting. First off the that O-Line is garbage. Every team in the NFL will put a spy on him for everydown. Second there is no way he is going to get 20-25 touches a game. More realistic is 10-20 touches and splitting carries with Duece. I laugh at all you people taking him so early.

All I have to say is that his preseason stats are right on line with where he was in college. 10 carries, 69 yards. Please explain to me how with just 10 carries in the preseason anyone can say that he is this or that?

LT2 hasn't even touched the ball, is he going to be riding the bench this year?

Laugh it up and please help his stock fall, I will gladly grab him up and enjoy his production where it should be. Taking him in the first two rounds is a stretch, but 3rd round is solid IMHO and could be great.

Nobody seems to remember just how bad that SD line was in LT2's rookie year. Or how bad TB's line has been the last, oh, 20+ years. Caddy did pretty good last year, save the injury.

Speaking of NFL speed, well you can get a track guy like Michael Bennett in there that has no moves or vision or you can get someone like Bush that makes a cut without slowing down and sets up his blockers well and makes moves with the intention of making the 3rd guy miss because the guy in front of him has no chance. Sure the competition has improved, but he played some tough guys in college and thinking that 6yards per carry was going to carry over is just stupid. But thinking that he won't break a few long ones and won't just make some guys look pure stupid out there is ridiculous as well. Where most speed guys screw up is in there decision making or lack there of. This kid makes a decision and he is gone. He isn't a dancing bear in the backfield, he is one step, sees a crease and hits it at 100MPH.

I just re-watched some of Reggie on the DVR from the past 2 weeks.

The cuts

The acceleration

The vision

The patience

This kid is going to put up an unbelievable season.