Sign in to follow this  
Odie

Duckett to Washington, Lelie to Atlanta

Norwood becomes a lot more intriguing this year. Also, as far as Dynasty/Keeper leagues go this year will be a nice audition to see if he can eventually take over the whole show since Dunn's not getting any younger.

The big question is does this trade mean Clinton's injury is a little more serious than it originally seemed.

Norwood becomes a lot more intriguing this year. Also, as far as Dynasty/Keeper leagues go this year will be a nice audition to see if he can eventually take over the whole show since Dunn's not getting any younger.

The big question is does this trade mean Clinton's injury is a little more serious than it originally seemeed.

That's what I'm wondering! I have him as my keeper, now I'm not so sure!

Wow this is huge news. I have Duckett in 1 league and Lelie in 2. Although I have R. White in one of those league s and Vick throwing the ball doesn't give Lelie a huge upgrade, it it's nice to see that he'll be playing somewhere.

I think that Warrick Dunn's status just shot up. No more Duckett vulturing. Bad for Portis owners methinks. However, I'm picking #3 this year! :doh:

I think that Warrick Dunn's status just shot up. No more Duckett vulturing. Bad for Portis owners methinks. However, I'm picking #3 this year! :doh:

Who you gettin'? I hear good things about K. Robinson.

I think that Warrick Dunn's status just shot up. No more Duckett vulturing. Bad for Portis owners methinks. However, I'm picking #3 this year! :cry:

Don't worry...Norwood will be there to fill the void and take over vulture duties left by TJ's departure... :thumbsdown:

NOBODY is talking about how this affects DUCKETT.

Anyone??

I can't see him getting any less than the 7-9 TDs he's good for in ATL, plus now he's likely their go-to man until Portis is injured. With that injry a big question mark I think it moves him up, a lot.

This trade has the most effect on Duckett, IMO, and no one is talking about him.

NOBODY is talking about how this affects DUCKETT.

Anyone??

I can't see him getting any less than the 7-9 TDs he's good for in ATL, plus now he's likely their go-to man until Portis is injured. With that injry a big question mark I think it moves him up, a lot.

This trade has the most effect on Duckett, IMO, and no one is talking about him.

Well, I think first and foremost this trade affects the fantasy value of Dunn, which clearly goes up. But make no mistake, Dunn will still be pulled inside the 10, it is just a question of whom will replace him now that Duckett is gone. After Dunn, I think Duckett is greatly affected. In fact, the system that Washington runs is a good fit for Duckett's downhill running style. Duckett was never suited for the one-cut and go system that best utilizes a Dunn-like scat back. Saunders is capable of doing some amazing things with this offense, and Duckett will be a part of it. To me, this trade is almost screaming of a longer-than-anticipated injury for Portis. Washington's run game was never a weak front, and upgrading it for what is likely a third rounder was not necessary with the likes of Betts backing up Portis...unless Portis is expected to miss time. Don't get me wrong, Duckett isn't the one making near 8 mil a year, so Portis is the man in Washington, but Duckett is a very solid backup with star potential in this system - too bad he won't be able to showcase it unless Portis is out.