Cruzer

Mike and Mike

golic picked them 7-9, greenberg 8-8.

and this swami predicts:

* cavalry will arrive in 3 minutes

* first relaliatory strike will be against m&m

* second will be against da boys

:lol:

Well, I'm not sure who McNabb will throw too, but he has looked extremely good so far. Playing in the toughest division in the NFL doesnt help, but I say they win 9 games.

First of all, the two Mikes or whatever are a couple of retards. I've always thought that. Second of all, Cruzer, if the Eagles only win 9 games, the Cowgirls will only win 7.

feeling the heat on TO so you have to throw a random eagle hating thread out there? that's professional.

despite your elementary school efforts, i am an eagles fan who happens to agree with mike and mike, that the best they'll be is 9-7. this opinion is solely a result of the last 6 weeks of their schedule where i see them going 2-4:

@ Colts - L

vs. Carolina - L

@ Redskins - W

@ Giants - L

@ Dallas - L

vs. Falcons - W

these 6 are playoff quality teams, and if you even try to hint that playing 3 in a row on the road against your division rivals isnt a big deal, then i'd say you know nothing about football.

Mike Greenberg is the biggest no talent azzclown wanna be joke of a sports personality currently on TV and radio today.

How anyone can listen to that guy is beyond me. He knows less about sports today than my grandfather does, and he died in 1978.

Don't fret, 'cause Eagle Nation loves being the underdog.

Realistically, if they go 10-6, I'll be shocked. The defense looks stellar, and McNabb looks real good, but the WRs and lack of RB depth scares the hell out of me.

If Westbrook goes down for any significant period, this team is done.

First of all, the two Mikes or whatever are a couple of retards. I've always thought that. Second of all, Cruzer, if the Eagles only win 9 games, the Cowgirls will only win 7.

ding, ding, ding.....! :ninja:

Mike Greenberg is the biggest no talent azzclown wanna be joke of a sports personality currently on TV and radio today.

uh, stuart scott...?

How anyone can listen to that guy is beyond me. He knows more about sports today than my grandfather does, and he died in 1978.

can say this about just about anybody out there today. those we agree with we think as smart, those who do not we perceive as dumb.

Don't fret, 'cause Eagle Nation loves being the underdog.

outside of perhaps the SB against the pats, it's been many moons since they've been underdogs - i would think the igs nation would be out of practice in this department.

outside of perhaps the SB against the pats, it's been many moons since they've been underdogs - i would think the igs nation would be out of practice in this department.

The city's always had and always will have an underdog mentality. It's just the way it is. This is very, very apparent in the movie Invincible, which comes out today, boy-ee.

In reality, no one expects this team to go a long way this year. There just isn't enough experienced talent at WR.

Their defense, line play, and McNabb automatically makes them a possible playoff contender, and most definitely will keep them in ballgames this year.

I do predict that they have trouble against Dallas this year. Not because of TO, but mainly Parcell's 3-4 defense. McNabb never plays well against that defensive alignment. :thumbsdown:

* i really believe anybody can win this division - and i'm not being funny when i say i think the skins will struggle the most of the 4.

* i also believe it's entirely possible the division winner is 10-6. i think my boys can finish 10-6 at best, and 7-9 on the low side.

* the really great part of this year is that division games are all going to mean something this year. not that they haven't been in the past, but all teams are just about equally matched and unlike in years past, one team isn't just going to run thru and rack up 5 or 6 wins. it's black and blue time again in the east, should be fun no matter how it turns out. :thumbsdown:

* i really believe anybody can win this division - and i'm not being funny when i say i think the skins will struggle the most of the 4.

* i also believe it's entirely possible the division winner is 10-6. i think my boys can finish 10-6 at best, and 7-9 on the low side.

* the really great part of this year is that division games are all going to mean something this year. not that they haven't been in the past, but all teams are just about equally matched and unlike in years past, one team isn't just going to run thru and rack up 5 or 6 wins. it's black and blue time again in the east, should be fun no matter how it turns out. :thumbsdown:

:bench:

Yup, couldn't agree more. Right now, it's the Giants division. Talent on offense with the possibility of a dominating defense. If Eli plays up to his capability, and Barber stays healthy, IMO, they run away with the division.

I love how the Eagles have rebuilt their lines and made it the strength of their team. Dallas really has alot of team speed on defense, which is gonna make them tough to beat this year.

I can't figure out the Skins. Brunell is so hot and cold, you just never know what team you're getting. The defense keeps losing players, and I think it finally catches up to them this year. They didn't do much to strengthen the defense, so they may be ripe for yet another fall.

Good luck this season.....but not really. :)

I have the Eagles down for 8-10 wins.

At various points last year they were missing McNabb, Westbrook, T.Thomas, H.Frahley, Shepherd, Akers, etc. By the end of the year they had something like 12 players on IR and they were still playing competitive games against their divisional rivals with Mike McMahon handing off to Ryan Moats and throwing to a bunch of rookies. Just getting healthy should be worth 8 wins.

Their biggest problem on defense last year was the lack of a pass rush. They were beat up on the DL and could not get pressure on QBs. The preseason is misleading but just based on what I've seen so far, their DL rotation looks strong and very deep. Philly could have the best defensive unit in the NFC East. They certainly have the best quarterback and possibly offensive line.

So, if I had to guess I'd say they go 10-6.

Far as the Cowboys go I'm not too worried. They quit on Parcells the last two years and now they've added a 32 year old cancer who hasn't played in a game since last November. Owens is a great talent but let's face it: McNabb's arm had a lot to do with his success in Philly. Bledsoe isn't nearly the downfield passer McNabb is and the offensive line is porous. Dallas still doesn't have a replacement for Drew, either. After this season Parcells will retire and the Cowboys will be loaded with aging dreck that only Tuna could coach. He's like the Larry Brown of the NFL.

HTH.

Realistically, if they go 10-6, I'll be shocked. The defense looks stellar, and McNabb looks real good, but the WRs and lack of RB depth scares the hell out of me.

not picking a fight, but pointing out that basically you are agreeing with Golic (9-7), and giving them one more win than Greenie (8-8). yet you criticize him... they are simply a different form of sports talk than most out there, who cover all sports and entertain. if you want 'real' sports news and insight they are unlistenable to, but that's not their demographic - they appeal to the non-hardcore sports fans who want to have some insight on sports w/o the deep analysis. They aren't my favorite either for real analysis, but i will listen to them long before 1/2 the other guys ESPN has given air time to (Stuart Scott, Woody Paige, Skip Bayliss, etc...)...

not picking a fight, but pointing out that basically you are agreeing with Golic (9-7), and giving them one more win than Greenie (8-8). yet you criticize him... they are simply a different form of sports talk than most out there, who cover all sports and entertain. if you want 'real' sports news and insight they are unlistenable to, but that's not their demographic - they appeal to the non-hardcore sports fans who want to have some insight on sports w/o the deep analysis. They aren't my favorite either for real analysis, but i will listen to them long before 1/2 the other guys ESPN has given air time to (Stuart Scott, Woody Paige, Skip Bayliss, etc...)...

I don't consider myself a hard core sportsguy anymore, but I don't listen to any of those ESPN guys. For one, they're all NY/Boston biased. If there are games outside of those areas, they don't mean much.

Anyone who has an award show to applaud themselves, that's just ridiculous.

I do believe the Eagles will go 10-6 this season. And it will shock me. And 10-6 wins the divison this year, because 2nd place will be 9-7. With that said, there is a difference between 10-6 and 9-7/8-8.

In this division this year, every game counts. :dunno:

Bledsoe isn't nearly the downfield passer McNabb is...

i'll give you our line concerns and the TO headache, but bledsoe a lesser downfield passer than mcnabb? bledsoe is one of the best downfield passers of the past 10 years, it's all he is. mcnabb is a playmaker, and a great one at that - but i don't think anybody would ever lump him in with the great downfield passers in the game.

I don't consider myself a hard core sportsguy anymore, but I don't listen to any of those ESPN guys. For one, they're all NY/Boston biased. If there are games outside of those areas, they don't mean much.

Anyone who has an award show to applaud themselves, that's just ridiculous.

I do believe the Eagles will go 10-6 this season. And it will shock me. And 10-6 wins the divison this year, because 2nd place will be 9-7. With that said, there is a difference between 10-6 and 9-7/8-8.

In this division this year, every game counts. :dunno:

Isn't that what ALL awards shows do?? :dunno: eh...who cares....

Isn't that what ALL awards shows do?? :banana: eh...who cares....

I just think the ESPY's are really, really ghey. The self promotion behind it is pathetic. No other real media outlets really give it the time of day (unlike the Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, etc.).

you're right, who cares. :thumbsup:

i'll give you our line concerns and the TO headache, but bledsoe a lesser downfield passer than mcnabb? bledsoe is one of the best downfield passers of the past 10 years, it's all he is. mcnabb is a playmaker, and a great one at that - but i don't think anybody would ever lump him in with the great downfield passers in the game.

McNabb has a much better arm and throws a better deep ball. McNabb also can buy you 7-8 seconds in the pocket. TO is a terrific athlete but I really think his years in Philly were his last big hurrah. No other QB is going to give him the kind of time that McNabb did. He's going to regret going to a team with an old, has-been QB and a porous offensive line.

1,100 yards 6-7 TDs, assuming he doesn't get deactivated again.

Look u people, Mcnabb is the best QB in the Divison over Bledsoe, Brunell, and Eli Manning. Westbrook while a question is the 2nd most dangerous rb in the division over portis who is injured over jones who is still young and doesnt cut as well as westbrook, barber is the only better rb. I would say the giants are better sure lets give em the division with barber and strahan and burres, and eli manning, wait eli manning is still young only his 2nd full season in the NFL. The defense on the eagles is the best said johnson the d-coord he has ever had. They are an awseome d-line with so much depth. The o-line is also solid with much depth. Dawkins is the best free safety in the nfl. Despite last year brown and sheppard are really good cbs(hey anyone other cb in the division is not better). Akers is the best kicker for whatever that counts as which is as little as 0 unless a game comes down to a game winning kick then akers is money. No to the major questions depth at rb and wr. We will see what they do in the next couple of days as far as duce staley, who is kind of washed up but could help the eagles a little. That not with standing if the eagles go into the season with the rbs now, there depth at rb is a question. Buckhalter if he can get healthy which is a big IF can spell westbrook very well. Moats can also spell westbrook well. We didnt really see them play last year when they were on the field together. WR is the major question with pinky, baskett, brown, lewis, mccants, gaffney not all will stay but all dont suck. Between 2000-2002 when the eagles made the playoffs and the giants were still stong the eagles had avg recievers aka Na Brown. The eagles won because of their defense then and can win this yr with their great defense. Injuries will be a key this yr as it will be for any team like idiot qb from pitt ramming his head into a car and that smart guy in wash who tried to be a line backer. So thats a question for every team. This division is the most avg division in the nfl. No team is GREAT yet. All this said let me guide u through the eagles season. Through the first 8 games they play 4 very winable games so lets say they win those four(@hou, @sf, vs gb, @no). Thats 4 wins. The other four games they play vsNYG,vsDAL,@TAM,vsJAC. Let say they beat jac and dal and lose the other two. They go 6-2 before the buy which is a great start to the season. Now into the second half. First four in the 2nd half go like this, vsWAS, vsTEN, @IND, vsCAR(PHIdefense will eat Delhomme and smith up). They can and will go 3-1 in that stretch losing only to IND. that puts them at 9-3 going into the last qtr of the year. The last four is the toughest stretch @WAS,@NYG,@DAL then vsATL i think hey go 3-1 in those last 4 and here is why brunell and bledsoe, who knows if they will even still be the strting qbs by then. ATL will be the win at home that gets them to 12-4 and home field advantage. Look the season is up for grabs this is anyones div because all the teams in the nfc east are a little better then avg.

i say 12-4, who knows 8-8 could win this divison, kno one knows.

I have the Eagles down for 8-10 wins.

At various points last year they were missing McNabb, Westbrook, T.Thomas, H.Frahley, Shepherd, Akers, etc. By the end of the year they had something like 12 players on IR and they were still playing competitive games against their divisional rivals with Mike McMahon handing off to Ryan Moats and throwing to a bunch of rookies. Just getting healthy should be worth 8 wins.

Their biggest problem on defense last year was the lack of a pass rush. They were beat up on the DL and could not get pressure on QBs. The preseason is misleading but just based on what I've seen so far, their DL rotation looks strong and very deep. Philly could have the best defensive unit in the NFC East. They certainly have the best quarterback and possibly offensive line.

So, if I had to guess I'd say they go 10-6.

Far as the Cowboys go I'm not too worried. They quit on Parcells the last two years and now they've added a 32 year old cancer who hasn't played in a game since last November. Owens is a great talent but let's face it: McNabb's arm had a lot to do with his success in Philly. Bledsoe isn't nearly the downfield passer McNabb is and the offensive line is porous. Dallas still doesn't have a replacement for Drew, either. After this season Parcells will retire and the Cowboys will be loaded with aging dreck that only Tuna could coach. He's like the Larry Brown of the NFL.

HTH.

good pts but if the d is this good i mean this is the bears 05 defense with a better offense. Think about it the eagles hold teams to 14pts a game or less idk how good this team could be

feeling the heat on TO so you have to throw a random eagle hating thread out there? that's professional.

despite your elementary school efforts, i am an eagles fan who happens to agree with mike and mike, that the best they'll be is 9-7. this opinion is solely a result of the last 6 weeks of their schedule where i see them going 2-4:

@ Colts - L

vs. Carolina - L

@ Redskins - W

@ Giants - L

@ Dallas - L

vs. Falcons - W

these 6 are playoff quality teams, and if you even try to hint that playing 3 in a row on the road against your division rivals isnt a big deal, then i'd say you know nothing about football.

redskins are not with a nonhealthy portis and brunell as the starter

MCNABB TO FrEDEX 60yds down field idiots how many seconds throw downfield vs who the dallas cow girls

McNabb has a much better arm and throws a better deep ball.

i don't know if i agree with any of that. bledsoe's arm is still huge and there isn't a throw on the field he can't make. i also don't believe he's a lesser deep ball thrower. part of what made mcnabb look like a deep-throwing wizard was the fact the fact that he had TO running underneath it to catch it, not a lot of genius in that. and for sure bledsoe is ahead of mcnabb in terms of accuracy - mcnabb is among the leaders of bouncing balls off of player's helmets and knees.

McNabb also can buy you 7-8 seconds in the pocket

no question, like i said - he's a playmaker who has the ability to move. but this has nothing to do with his arm.

MCNABB TO FrEDEX 60yds down field idiots how many seconds throw downfield vs who the dallas cow girls

is this even in english? :dunno:

i don't know if i agree with any of that. bledsoe's arm is still huge and there isn't a throw on the field he can't make. i also don't believe he's a lesser deep ball thrower. part of what made mcnabb look like a deep-throwing wizard was the fact the fact that he had TO running underneath it to catch it, not a lot of genius in that. and for sure bledsoe is ahead of mcnabb in terms of accuracy - mcnabb is among the leaders of bouncing balls off of player's helmets and knees.

no question, like i said - he's a playmaker who has the ability to move. but this has nothing to do with his arm.

Bottom line: Dallas won't win a Super Bowl this year and they're loaded with old men so they won't get better.

HTH. :banana:

Bottom line: Dallas won't win a Super Bowl this year and they're loaded with old men so they won't get better.

HTH. :dunno:

translation: takes his ball and goes home....... :thumbsup:

translation: takes his ball and goes home....... :thumbsup:

You think the Cowboys are going to win the Super Bowl. I think they're a playoff caliber team that's loaded with elderly men and overspent for a cancer at WR. Why argue? We'll watch the season and when the Cowboys fail to win the Super Bowl you can apologize. :dunno:

You think the Cowboys are going to win the Super Bowl.

WHAT? :thumbsup:

link to where i mentioned anything even remotely close to that? just a few posts up, i clearly stated that dallas would go 10-6 at best, 7-9 at worst. no where in there do i mention anything about SBs or even playoffs. about as close as i've come is saying any team in the division can win the east this year.

WHAT? :pointstosky:

link to where i mentioned anything even remotely close to that? just a few posts up, i clearly stated that dallas would go 10-6 at best, 7-9 at worst. no where in there do i mention anything about SBs or even playoffs. about as close as i've come is saying any team in the division can win the east this year.

Oh, okay. I'm not sure what we're arguing about then. I said the Cowboys won't win the Super Bowl and since they have no QB of the future and they're loaded with aging players they probably won't get better until after Tuna retires and they rebuild. I guess we're in agreement.

Oh, okay. I'm not sure what we're arguing about then. I said the Cowboys won't win the Super Bowl and since they have no QB of the future and they're loaded with aging players they probably won't get better until after Tuna retires and they rebuild. I guess we're in agreement.

althought i'm not proclaiming dallas the beast of the nfc - i think they have just as good a shot at making a run as anybody else if things go their way. without question they are going to have one of the best defensive units in the entire league, but it all hinges on the offensive line and the chemistry on that side of the ball. if the offense blows up, they will find themselves at the bottom of the east, but if things go well - they've as good a shot as an iggles team with offensive concerns of their own.

althought i'm not proclaiming dallas the beast of the nfc - i think they have just as good a shot at making a run as anybody else if things go their way. without question they are going to have one of the best defensive units in the entire league, but it all hinges on the offensive line and the chemistry on that side of the ball. if the offense blows up, they will find themselves at the bottom of the east, but if things go well - they've as good a shot as an iggles team with offensive concerns of their own.

Well then I disagree. I think Dallas has no shot. They're old and they'll quit on Tuna late in the year.

Sorry to dissapoint all you Eagles homer's out there, but the G-men are taking the NFC East this year.

So it is written.

They're old and they'll quit on Tuna late in the year.

they didn't quit on him last year, they finished 4-4 in their last eight - take a look:

* beat philly

* beat detroit

* lost by 3 to a great denver team and should have won the game but our kicker missed the kick

* lost by 7 to the giants in new york

* beat a great kc team

* blown out by the skins, no excuses

* beat a great carolina team, in carolina

* lost to the rams in a meaningless game cuz dallas was eliminated from the playoffs before kickoff

no give up there, sorry.

Well then I disagree. I think Dallas has no shot.

according to depth charts - the iggs have 10 starters with 6 or more years experience in the league, dallas also has 6. that means this "old" team has the same amount of starters with 5 or less years experience in the league as does philly.

If the Dallas O-line can give Bledsoe time to throw, they will beat the Eagles twice. Last year with the Eagles D-line in shambles, Bledsoe had time to pick them aprat. BTW, Bledsoe is a FAR better downfield passer than D-Mc.

I'm banking on the improved Eagles D-Line making a huge difference in the defensive play of the Eagles.

As far as offense goes, I'm betting that Ried is trying to copy the Patriots offense of spreading the ball around. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no 1000+ receiver on the team.

I still like the range of 9 to 11 wins for the Eagles this year.

I like the Eagles this year. They haven't done anything flashy, so they haven't gotten a lot of attention. But they have three of the biggest components to winning going for them -the ability to dominate up front on both sides of the ball, good QB play, and a smart veteran coaching staff. That's as good a formula for success as any.

I like the Eagles this year. They haven't done anything flashy, so they haven't gotten a lot of attention. But they have three of the biggest components to winning going for them -they have the ability to dominate up front on both sides of the ball, good QB play, and a smart veteran coaching staff. That's as good a formula for success as any.

I see them being in every game this season (with the exception of Indy, who owns this team). To me, the offense really needs to keep mistakes and turnovers to the bare minimum, and one of the young receivers will need to step it up quickly.

Get to the bye week at 4-2, then go 6-4 the rest of the way. I think 10-6 wins the division, or at least gets them into the playoffs.

If McNabb has another rock solid performance tonite, I will go out on a limb and say he's in the running for league MVP this season. He really looks ready to do that this year.

If McNabb has another rock solid performance tonite, I will go out on a limb and say he's in the running for league MVP this season. He really looks ready to do that this year.

Yeah, I had a lot of reservations with them a while back, even when reports were trickling in of his having a strong camp. There's no guarantee he wouldn't mis a beat even if he did return healthy after being away from the game for a period -from a mental aspect, if not physically. But he has looked sharp, and if he's back to form, there's no question Philly will be right back in the running.

NFC East fans are going to see a hell of a lot of good football this year.

In the end, i think it sucks for the nfc east. They have the toughet divisonal schedule, and then on top of that they play the nfc south. Out of those 8 teams i think lay the top 7 out of 8 teams in the whole division. No disrespect to bears fans, but i think the only team in the nfc that can claim a spot in the top 8 are the seahawks. After a brutal schedule i think the division winner is 9-7, and will win by way of tie-breaker. And while whichever team places second, will be a consensus top 6 team in the nfc, they will get screwed by the likes of cards, rams, vikes, or anyother team that has a much softer schedule.

The only team that i can find a reason to knock in the nfc east are the redskins. Brunell had some tremendous games last season that no one expected. I think over his career he has been underappreciated but he's on the downside of his career. I dont see him playing as well as he did, nor the redskins gettin the breaks they did. They started off bad but made an incredible run. Plus they won games they had no business winning (vs. cowboys, monday night).

Every team has questions and reasons why they wont win, but i just think that the redskins problem is the biggest. But if brunell does play well again then my whole post is worthless.

The city's always had and always will have an underdog mentality. It's just the way it is. This is very, very apparent in the movie Invincible, which comes out today, boy-ee.

Screw "Invicible", what about Rocky? I thought that babbling idiot was Philly's pride and joy. He supposedly represents the underdog mentality of the town.

I wouldn't be all that proud of Invincible starring Marky Mark. Is the Funky Bunch making a cameo in the movie? :banana: Come on, come on, come on......feel the vibration! :mad: [gay]