Sign in to follow this  
Zefram0911

How does Stallworth trade affect Reggie Bush?

I don't know about Bush, but I have Mcnabb and I drafted Stallworth in the 14th Rd. of our draft, so I just may have a wonderful connection in the not to distant future. :argue: :huh: :clap: :lol:

I think this helps both Deuce and Reggie... Deuce will line up more in single back sets, while Reggie will see more time at the slot position. Great move by the Saints IMO, since this will allow Reggie and Deuce to get on the field more often. Stallworth is hit or miss and injury prone....

in the huddle, instead of there being a guy named stallworth - there will be somebody else......

I think this helps both Deuce and Reggie... Deuce will line up more in single back sets, while Reggie will see more time at the slot position. Great move by the Saints IMO, since this will allow Reggie and Deuce to get on the field more often. Stallworth is hit or miss and injury prone....

:banana: Helps all the above and increases the value of J. Horn and maybe Z. Hilton. Bush will have more than 65 receptions this year.

It can't help obviously!

UMM Dude for someone with 3000 posts this is a pretty simple statement. How is it obvious that it can't help?

The debate is on, I'll admit that but "can't help obviously" is not a fact.

I think the Saints let him go because they know Deuce has to get touches and they have faith in Horn having a great year at WR. With Reggie Bush able to spread out wide and run reverses, screens, deep flies and thinks that Stallworth was supposed to do they opened up his opportunities to do so by trading Stallworth.

In fact I think it's just the opposite, Stallworth never quite cut it, Reggie Bush is the real deal, and he's guaranteed more touches now that Donte is gone. Furthermore it absolutely moves McCallister up the charts as well.

People forget Deuce represents a HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE investment to the Saints, they want him to play and play well so they get a return on that investment. Also by letting Deuce take some of the pounding and not keeping Reggie at RB all game every game,spreading him out and letting him get touches elsewhere they get ROI on both players.

"Can't help obviously" That is so off base it just cracks me up.

Uh, I really don't think it's going to affect Bush much at all.

IMO...Bush just became a must start in PPR leagues (unless you have 2 LT2's on your roster :doublethumbsup: )

Uh, I really don't think it's going to affect Bush much at all.

How can anyone say that? They just opened up space for him at WR, and they just completely changed the face of the Saints offense. No Stallworth means more downs with Reggie and Deuce out there. Deuce in the backfield means teams can't key on Reggie.

Not keying on Reggie is bad! VERY VERY BAD!

How can anyone say that? They just opened up space for him at WR, and they just completely changed the face of the Saints offense. No Stallworth means more downs with Reggie and Deuce out there. Deuce in the backfield means teams can't key on Reggie.

Right on Bird! The Saints need both Reggie and Deuce on the field as much as possible....

I just dropped a deuce. How does that effect Reggie Bush?

I really don't see the difference... it's not like Stallworth, although good, is a super stud WR or anything. It seems like I have seen Devery Henderson make some plays this preseason... that is probably why they felt it was okay to let Stallworth go. Especially since the 'Aints are in dire need of help at LB.

Here's how I think it will work.

Horn, Henderson, Conwell, Deuce, and Bush will all be on the field a lot at the same time. Bush will shift to the slot... which will in turn force defenses to sort of show what they plan on doing.

If a LB goes out to cover Bush - that is both a good match-up in that you can run Deuce... or that LB is going to have to cover Bush.

Bring a safety up to cover Bush. Leaves Horn or Henderson on a cover guy without safety help.

Bring in a nickel back for a LB when Bush is in the game. Run Deuce.

I think in the end... defenses are going to play the Saints honest.... to see what Bush can do. If he tears it up, they'll start brining in nickel packages. Then Deuce will be running well. It's basically what USC did for 3 years.

Although losing Stallworth hurts the Saints at #2 WR, Bush is still a RB (remember they traded Michael Bennett too), so he won't have the #2 WR's role. Stallworth's departure doesn't make a significant difference in their talent level at #3 and #4 WR, and that's why they don't have an increased need to use Bush. He will line out wide or line up as a RB and go in motion out wide a fair amount (with or without McAllister on the field). But that was already going to be the case.