Sign in to follow this  
My Negro!

Colts about to sign Jonathon Wells!

Just heard it on the radio..will look for a link.

Not happy with their rBs.

I called this in my draft. With Mungro out for the season, they have to sign someone.

I still think Addai is starting by early in the season. Wells would only be there to add some back up depth on the bench.

With Mungro out for the season, they have to sign someone.

bingo. nothing more to see here than that.

still pretty surprised that the texans cut wells though, esp with DD sucking right now.

Addai will be starting by mid-season. I agree this is just to add depth or to let Rhodes/Addai know that they can't be complacement.

I wouldn't waive Lundy for Wells. Lundy starts for the Texans (if DD's agent is gonna be present for a meeting with Kubiak & the GM right before final cut day = player has problems). Wells starts for no one right now and I wouldn't make a roster spot for someone who "might" be an impact player "someday". The Colts backfield = RBBC = headache all year.

Just my .02

The Colts backfield = RBBC = headache all year.

;)

Addai will be starting by mid-season.

Yeah, he'll be starting by mid-season because he's lit it up so much in pre-season. Here's a clue, if he can't cut it in pre-season, ain't no way the job is his during the regular season. He wasn't anything special in college, injury prone, and he won't be anything special other than a 3rd down back at best. Sorry Addai owners, you got caught all up in the hype.

Actually, if you watched the games you'd know Addai has looked pretty damn good for a rook being thrown into a complex offense like this. Wouldn't say he's tearing it up... but what RB has torn it up in the pre-season anyway.

Wells replaces mungro as the third option. Rhodes starts week one and gets spelled by Addai as he continues to gain real-game experience. Rhodes holds the job until he gets hurt and Addai steps in the rest of the way.

Just my opinion.

Actually, if you watched the games you'd know Addai has looked pretty damn good for a rook being thrown into a complex offense like this. Wouldn't say he's tearing it up... but what RB has torn it up in the pre-season anyway.

Wells replaces mungro as the third option. Rhodes starts week one and gets spelled by Addai as he continues to gain real-game experience. Rhodes holds the job until he gets hurt and Addai steps in the rest of the way.

Just my opinion.

I agree with your assessment. Still sounds like RBBC to me though! :dunno:

... but what RB has torn it up in the pre-season anyway.

;) Wali and Norwood :argue:

Here's a clue, if he can't cut it in pre-season, ain't no way the job is his during the regular season

Wow. Using this logic, I would say that about 80% of the back in the NFL can't cut it, and that list would include guys like LJ and Ronnie Brown among others. Quit using blanket statements that aren't in the least bit true.

Actually, if you watched the games you'd know Addai has looked pretty damn good for a rook being thrown into a complex offense like this.

This is correct. The Colts are more concerned about him being able to help Peyton stay upright, and being a saftey valve then his ability to run the ball. However, he has looked pretty good running. He is not going down the first hit, fighting for extra yards, and falling forward.

As a Colts fan, I would like him to be starting soon, because I really don't like what Rhodes brings to the table. However, it's impossible to say.

Sorry Addai owners, you got caught all up in the hype.

I guess the Colts did too then. They obviously know nothing about drafting

RBs anyway with their horrible track record. Maybe they should hire you.

trying to mind my own beeswax, but in an earlier preseason game, harrison was interviewed on the sidelines, and was asked about edges departure. Harrison said something similar to "we have this young rb who is going to be very good for us..."

No mention of rhodes. I see plans within plans, but figure addai is the guy after a few games :dunno:

Did Wells sign or not? Colts website says "probably" will sign and one other site says he did, but I can't find any other confirmations.

Sorry Addai owners, you got caught all up in the hype.

I guess the Colts did too then. They obviously know nothing about drafting

RBs anyway with their horrible track record. Maybe they should hire you.

drafted Addai in the 2nd round.