Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Talk me out of making this huge mistake!

I know I should never draft a rookie this early. I know I should never take a player this high above his ADP. I know I should avoid RBBC. I know the Saints are awful. I know I should avoid homer picks, bsing from the Big Easy. I know it could potentially kill this season.

However, I just can't stop myself from considering Bush at 4 in a new keeper league!

I don't want Barber or Portis. I have heard all the argumenst for and against them, and I prefer not to re-hash these 2 in this thread. All the other possible picks have ??? around them. Will any of them be better than Bush for the next 5 years or more? I can make an argument for a lot of them, but deep down I don't think any of them will consistently be as good or better than Bush. I would never consider this in a redraft, but I can't think of a better player to own long term. I know that he won't make it back to me in round 2. We are in the New Orleans area and he has a lot of fans here.

I know I shouldn't do it, but I might not be able to help myself! Help talk me out of this horrible mistake!

How about trying to trade down slightly? The you can have bush and not worry about getting him too early?

I thought of that. I can get a deal to move to 12, but the guy will only give me a 6th round pick to move down. He won't give me the wrap around in round 2. I am trying to get the guy at 8 to trade, but he doesn't want to give me the 2nd rounder either. Also, being in New Orleans, Bush might just go before 8.

play to win this season. take edge, s. jackson or r. brown over r. bush.

What if Edge can't produce like a 1st round pick in Arizona? What if S.Jackson continues having durability issues ? Also SJax plays for a coach who I don't think has ever turned out a top 10 RB. R. Brown has never carried a full workload in college or the pros. Do you honestly think with all the ??? that these guys will be better than bush over the next 5 years?

I failed to mention that this is a ppr league. Our scoring is pretty standard with all TD's 6 points.

Ask yourself this, will you feel good after drafting him? In the first round, you should really get a sense that your draft has started out on the right foot. If you are not excited to take him in the 4 hole, then look elsewhere.

Ask yourself this, will you feel good after drafting him? In the first round, you should really get a sense that your draft has started out on the right foot. If you are not excited to take him in the 4 hole, then look elsewhere.

I am strangely excited about him. That is part of what worries me! LOL :doublethumbsup:

Why not take him? You have already stated that you feel he will be the best player in the next five years, just dont expect to win this year. No problem mortgaging your team for the future, heck pepeople do it on their homes everyday.

Obviously in a keeper league, you are drafting for the present and the future. Bush is a terrible early draft choice in redraft leagues, but in your league it's not that much of a reach. Consider this: who is going to be better next year: Ronnie Brown, Caddy, Jackson, or Bush? If you can answer Bush, then take him and address your needs for this season later in the draft. Or just draft for the future. But don't let being a NO homer throw your judgment too much--Bush is not going to help much this season. At 4, I would take Ronnie Brown and hope Bush falls to me in the second. Or, I would let someone else grab him and then work out a trade later. Everyone has their price

If you draft Bush this early, you better start praying that Deuce pulls a Jamal Anderson and destroys his knee again running on turf! That is the only way he'll get you anything this year. And even with that, I still think he'll be more Kijana Carter than Barry Sanders!

I totally Agree..... You take Bush this early, and you could have a RBBC with the OTHER RB getting 20 caries per game. NOT GOOD

Keeper league, go for it. Take him. Be bold! Right now, many will question you. Many will tell you it's a wasted pick. Many will chastise you like we chastised the guy last year in a new dynasty league that spent a 4th on a backup Rb named Larry Johnson.

It's a keeper league. :unsure: Take him and be happy.

I totally Agree..... You take Bush this early, and you could have a RBBC with the OTHER RB getting 20 caries per game. NOT GOOD

Even if Deuce stays healthy...which is a big if, Reggie should still get 10-15 carries and 4+ rece[tions a game. The Saints want the ball in his hands. But the bigger picture is the next few years. Bush will more than likely be a starter by next year. Reggie will pass him, or the Saints may trade him to fill some other holes on there team.

PPR take Jordon

no brainer

he well be money for next 3 years

shell well be running him into the ground

and draft 2 or 3 of the other good rookie RB if not all of them

Addai

Maroney

Williams

Norwood

and dont forget about the very good value picks in

Gore

Barber III

You dont need to reach for Bush, there is much better value out there.

He went in the 2nd Round of a startup keeper league I am in. I thought it was a very good pick, based off my projections and tiers. He was the best RB available at that point.

I am talking with the guy at 8 now trying to trade down in round 1 and up in rounds 2 and 6. If the deal goes through, Icould take him at 8 or wait and see if he's there at 17.

I LIKE BUSH. <_< Do it. I think he's your best choice at #4 in a keeper league. Just be sure you draft solid starting running backs in rounds 2 and 3 and maybe even round 4 too.

If you draft Bush this early, you better start praying that Deuce pulls a Jamal Anderson and destroys his knee again running on turf! That is the only way he'll get you anything this year. And even with that, I still think he'll be more Kijana Carter than Barry Sanders!

What you been smokin" dude?