Sign in to follow this  
bgard72

Brandon Lloyd just dropped

Re-draft 12 team league, Brandon Lloyd was just dropped to the waiver wire. I think he's got some good potential this year (last year he had 733 yards with 5 TD's in San Fran). We start 3 WR's.

My WR's

1) Chad Johnson

2) Randy Moss

3) Keenan McCardell

4) Bobby Engram

5) Michael Clayton

6) Troy Williamson

My take...I drop Williamson for Lloyd. Clayton may have a comeback season and be solid, while with injuries to DJAX in Seattle, Engram may be a solid contributor.

Would you drop a WR to get Lloyd or should I stand pat and not try to claim him?

Leave a link to yours and I'll answer.

Thanks!

I wouldn't drop any one for Lloyd based on your receivers. Williamson is currently Minny's #1 and while probably being up and down from week to week, he should provide better stats than Lloyd overall. I would keep Clayton, as you already said, and McCardell too. Engram comes into question but the fact Seattle was willing to meet Branch's salary demand makes me think somethings up in Seattle as they've got Jackson and Burleson ahead of Engram. Engram is a good third receiver and if Jackson turns out to miss some games he will do pretty well for you.

Noway would I drop any of your receivers for Lloyd. There's still a lot of questions at QB in Washington. Besides, Lloyd has been living on potentials alone all these years.

The only one I would consider dropping would be Engram. You know what his ceiling is. He'll get you decent yardage and few TDs. You don't yet know what Williamson's or Lloyd's ceiling is, however. You've got great starters so you may want to take a managed risk here with Lloyd.

I have to agree with everyone else.....dont bother with Lloyd. Your depth is just fine at WR.

Don't bother with Lloyd right now, jsut sit with what you have. I don't think he will get picked up by anyone else, so wait and see if the Skins Offense will make Lloyd worthy of a pick up.

Maybe Engram, as said above.

(But maybe Engram ends up with the Pats?)

I don't see a lot of upside for Lloyd. Washington just won't generate enough passing yardage.

He's an NFL FA move that got hype for no known reason.

Brunell

Moss

Cooley

Randle-El

Lloyd

Where's the upside?

don't get lloyd...the only washington reciever to have is Santana moss. besides him it isn't even worth thinking about

I'm gonna sound like a broken record here, but I'd pass on Lloyd. You start 3 WR and your depth is great. With Chad and Tory, your 1 & 2 are rock solid. Your 3rd WR options are all pretty good, and you might want to move them around depending on stats. Long answer short - skip Lloyd.