Sign in to follow this  
dats007

David Carr

I keep reading about how the improved offensive line, Eric Moulds & new coaching staff should propel Carr into a low end #1 QB or excellent bye week replacement. But from what I've seen in the past couple of years, it seems like a stretch to me. What do you guys think?

My honest prediction is 3 LOLs, with 1 and 1/2 LMAOs. That is strictly for game 1. I might downgrade or upgrade based on week1 performance...

I'm predicting 3500 yards, 19-20 TDs, 12-14 INTs, 350 rushing yards with 2-3 rushing TDs. That's a small improvement over his 2004 numbers. Most people look at last year and write off Carr and the Texans. Kubiak will fix both. However, those numbers will probably come in rollercoaster fashion. Carr will likely have a few bad games early, as he won't have absorbed everything Kubiak wants him to. Furthermore, the first eight games for the Texans are pretty tough.

Overall, Carr isn't really worth drafting as anything other than a flier. He has all the physical tools to be a stud QB, but after four years of no pass protection, he has between-the-ears issues that he has to resolve.

I'm predicting 3500 yards, 19-20 TDs, 12-14 INTs, 350 rushing yards with 2-3 rushing TDs. That's a small improvement over his 2004 numbers. Most people look at last year and write off Carr and the Texans. Kubiak will fix both. However, those numbers will probably come in rollercoaster fashion. Carr will likely have a few bad games early, as he won't have absorbed everything Kubiak wants him to. Furthermore, the first eight games for the Texans are pretty tough.

Overall, Carr isn't really worth drafting as anything other than a flier. He has all the physical tools to be a stud QB, but after four years of no pass protection, he has between-the-ears issues that he has to resolve.

My problem with Carr is that I keep lumping him in with the likes of Joey Harrington.

As an Andre Johnson owner, he doesn't instill confidence in me to put AJ in my line-up. He seems too erratic, plus his above average games are typically sandwiched between 4 stinkers.

I hope this question is being asked because you have Lundy, or AJ, or Moulds and are curious as to how Carr affects their potential production, and not because you're relying on Carr for anything other than your top 2 QBs going down.

He's going to be a fantasy bust untill proven otherwise. There seems to be a widespread opinion that Kubiak is Texas' savior, but really how much better can the worst team in the NFL be? They won't be good I can tell you that. Carr could have a much improved season, but I doubt he'll come close to being a top 12 QB. I wouldn't pick him as my back-up unless I had Manning or Hassleback or one of the other QBs who are good at keeping their unis clean.

As an Andre Johnson owner, he doesn't instill confidence in me to put AJ in my line-up. He seems too erratic, plus his above average games are typically sandwiched between 4 stinkers.

I hope this question is being asked because you have Lundy, or AJ, or Moulds and are curious as to how Carr affects their potential production, and not because you're relying on Carr for anything other than your top 2 QBs going down.

Same boat here, although I'm forced to start AJ week 1 at flex due to Portis' injury. Once CP is back in action, AJ rides the pine until Carr and the O-line show some improvement.

I don't have any of those guys, but with the Roethlisberger appendectomy I'm looking at some other QB's (not that I'm dropping Roethlisberger) and Carr is the guy that never get's drafted and occasionally get's picked up in our league. I was discussing it with another owner in our league, who seems to think that Carr is due for a big year. I think when I wasn't lookin, he slipped me some of the juice.

I'll go out on a limb and say Carr wont be the starting QB for the Texans next year.

He has the physical tools and all, but he doesnt seem to understand how to play the QB position in the NFL. Doesnt know how to go thru his reads and just always dumps it off to the RB.

say hello Brady Quinn next year

I'll go out on a limb and say Carr wont be the starting QB for the Texans next year.

He has the physical tools and all, but he doesnt seem to understand how to play the QB position in the NFL. Doesnt know how to go thru his reads and just always dumps it off to the RB.

say hello Brady Quinn next year

I do not doubt this, which will just further solidify the texans as the worst organization in football. They pass up not only the most explosive back to come out in quite some time, knowing damn well they need help at rb, but also pass on a couple of solid qbs that could be quantified as going #1, knowing damn well Carr is a bust. I think he might be a servicable backup somewhere in the league, but he doesn't have the goods to start. Blame the Oline all you want, but at some point you have to look in the mirror. Texans are a joke, and drafting any player on the team is a joke...

I'm predicting 3500 yards, 19-20 TDs, 12-14 INTs, 350 rushing yards with 2-3 rushing TDs. That's a small improvement over his 2004 numbers.

That's very close to my projection, though I have him throwing 2-4 more INTs. Carr won't set the world on fire, but if Kubiak was even partly responsible for Plummer's improvement at Denver, he should be able to help Carr here. I'd be happy with Carr as a backup - he's proven his toughness, and if he can post the rushing totals that Eriadoc and I are projecting, he could even sneak into the top 10 of fantasy QBs.

That's very close to my projection, though I have him throwing 2-4 more INTs. Carr won't set the world on fire, but if Kubiak was even partly responsible for Plummer's improvement at Denver, he should be able to help Carr here. I'd be happy with Carr as a backup - he's proven his toughness, and if he can post the rushing totals that Eriadoc and I are projecting, he could even sneak into the top 10 of fantasy QBs.

Crack kills. You might believe you have the habit under control. 'I can quit whenever I want to' you catch yourself saying. Don't be fooled. Next thing you know, it's 20 years later, you're laying on a soiled mattress in the middle of Brooklyn, talkin about next year Carr will get 25 tds and 4000 yards, he's got to! Drugs are bad mmmmkay...

That seems pretty optimistic. But I would be happy. he's my Backup and will only see the light of day in a bye week.

I do think he has teh skills to be a starter though. I haven't given up on him yet.