Sign in to follow this  
Rabid Wookie

Accept a trade for Willis McGahee?!?

I was just offered Willis McGahee and Reggie Brown in exchange for Marvin Harrison and DeAngelo Williams. Should I take the trade? I'm in a 10 team Yahoo league with 6 pts. per TD and 1 pt. per 20 yds. rushing/receiving. I can start 2 WRs, 2 RBs, and 1 RB/WR (in addition to the other positions). My team is as follows:

1. (3) L. Tomlinson RB

2. (18) L. Jordan RB

3. (23) M. Harrison WR

4. (38) P. Burress WR

5. (43) D. Driver WR

6. (58) J. Delhomme QB

7. (63) Ro. Williams WR

8. (78) Carolina DEF

9. (83) A. Green RB

10. (98) K. Warner QB

11. (103) J. Plummer QB

12. (118) D. Williams RB

13. (123) B. Watson TE

14. (138) J. Wilkins K

15. (143) T. Duckett RB

16. (158) A. Bryant WR

I'm extremely deep at WR right now. With McGahee I would have 3 very good RBs--all of which I could start. I would then have to choose, week by week, between P.Burress, D.Driver, R. Williams, and A. Bryant for my two starting WR spots. Added RB depth and the potential of McGahee having a BIG year are points in favor of making this trade. BUT...1) Harrison should benefit from Indianapolis' favorable schedule this year (soft pass defenses), and 2) I think I'm giving up more talent than the other guy (in other words, I'm not real excited about R. Brown...especially compared to the upside that Williams could have).

Should I take the trade?

I was just offered Willis McGahee and Reggie Brown in exchange for Marvin Harrison and DeAngelo Williams. Should I take the trade? I'm in a 10 team Yahoo league with 6 pts. per TD and 1 pt. per 20 yds. rushing/receiving. I can start 2 WRs, 2 RBs, and 1 RB/WR (in addition to the other positions). My team is as follows:

1. (3) L. Tomlinson RB

2. (18) L. Jordan RB

3. (23) M. Harrison WR

4. (38) P. Burress WR

5. (43) D. Driver WR

6. (58) J. Delhomme QB

7. (63) Ro. Williams WR

8. (78) Carolina DEF

9. (83) A. Green RB

10. (98) K. Warner QB

11. (103) J. Plummer QB

12. (118) D. Williams RB

13. (123) B. Watson TE

14. (138) J. Wilkins K

15. (143) T. Duckett RB

16. (158) A. Bryant WR

I'm extremely deep at WR right now. With McGahee I would have 3 very good RBs--all of which I could start. I would then have to choose, week by week, between P.Burress, D.Driver, R. Williams, and A. Bryant for my two starting WR spots. Added RB depth and the potential of McGahee having a BIG year are points in favor of making this trade. BUT...1) Harrison should benefit from Indianapolis' favorable schedule this year (soft pass defenses), and 2) I think I'm giving up more talent than the other guy (in other words, I'm not real excited about R. Brown...especially compared to the upside that Williams could have).

Should I take the trade?

Yes, do it. McGahee should explode. Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=228764

I would do this.

indy will split tds between wayne and harrison

mcgahee will get all the rushing tds

reggie brown was a good target for mcnabb and he should get open more with stallworth there now...deangelo is a rook and dont know how he will be yet(unless foster goes down).

please see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=228771

Maybe in the minority here, but I wouldn't do it yet., unless you can start your 3 RBs in a flex system I think you would have too much strength at RB and it would be wasted. Harrison is a beast and is an eveyr week starter with top 5 potential, and top 10 certainty.

Thanks for posting in mine - I would not do this, you have 3 starting RBs right now that you have a little time to sit and wait to see how DeAngelo/Foster situation plays out. You have very solid WRs, so I'd have no problem starting 3 WRs rather than 3 RBs. Harrison will always be consistent, McGahee is not. I would not do this deal