Sign in to follow this  
c_Weezie

Were my trades worth it ?

The current team I have now is the product of a few trades. My first trade was Kurt Warner, Clinton Portis, and Lavernues Coles for Tom Brady & Julius Jones. And my 2nd trade was Tom Brady & Thomas Jones for Byron Leftwich & LaMont Jordan. So in a round-a-bout way I traded:

Kurt Warner, Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, & Lavernues Coles

for

Byron Leftwich, LaMont Jordan, Julius Jones , & Phillip Rivers (signed him after the trades)

So were they all worth it ?? Did my team get any better......or worse

Thanks

leave a link

I think you got worse...

Warner has a great RB the defeses will jave to account for and 2 killer receivers. Portis will be his usual self but is far better than Jordan or Jones. Thomas Jones is the starter and with Grossman starting they will need a veteran RB to take the heat of him and Benson has pissded off his mates and no one likes him.

That's just my 2 cents hope I m wrong and it works out for you.

rich

I think you got worse...

Warner has a great RB the defeses will jave to account for and 2 killer receivers. Portis will be his usual self but is far better than Jordan or Jones. Thomas Jones is the starter and with Grossman starting they will need a veteran RB to take the heat of him and Benson has pissded off his mates and no one likes him.

That's just my 2 cents hope I m wrong and it works out for you.

rich

I'd have to agree with the above completely. Thanks for replying to mine.

So you guys dont think that Clinton Portis's #s will take a hit..... I do, and I wanted to take a guy I have more confidence in (LaMont Jordan). The fact that the Bears took Ced Benson as a top 10 pick just a few years ago doesnt mean anything to you ??? I think the Bears will force him into the lineup (I have TJ ranked lower than JJ). As for Kurt Warner, he'll be good until week 8 when he goes down and the permanent replacement Matt Leinart comes in & takes his job. There is no way that Brett doesnt perform better than he did last year, and I think that either Byron or Phillip Rivers (this years CP) will have a great season this year. Personally I think I got better, but I respect yall's opinion and thats why I posted to see some feedback on my deals. Thanks

Any other opinions ???

C-Weez,

Thanks for your reply to mine- here's mine to yours:

I love you getting El Monte in the trade. Raiders are going to struggle but he will be a beast regardless.

Julius: The tuna loves him and so should you. On the downside MBIII will take away some luster, and JJ may see injury time. Overall, I expect JJ to get about 7-10 quality starts, so I'm not thrilled on the season outlook, but he'll give you some punch for the games he starts.... and god willing he holds of MB3 all year.

Leftwich: I see him as a wasted roster spot, but maybe you needed to lose here to get the deal done.

Giving up Warner: I hate to see that, but he'll be like Julius - 10-12 starts before injury.

Giving up Lav: I don't like seeing that- he'll bounce back this year- but nothing major you can't find in a waiver wire gem later in the year

Giving up TJ: that's a tough loss, but I love you getting El Diablo Del Monty

Giving up Portis: good move to give away a question mark like CP-

However; on balance, you didn't get enough value back for what you gave up. Wow, you really screwed the pooch on this one Weezer! Hopefully the guys you gave up all get hurt and you can look back and laugh.

Hey Weezie,

You mentioned your team was better than mine on your reply to my post "rate my rack".

I think I'm gonna crush you! How about a little sig-bet? Standard scoring, no ppr.

I'm on CBSSportsline, what are you using?

Hey Weezie,

You mentioned your team was better than mine on your reply to my post "rate my rack".

I think I'm gonna crush you! How about a little sig-bet? Standard scoring, no ppr.

I'm on CBSSportsline, what are you using?

I'm on ESPN, standard scoring, head-to-head, no ppr. I would love to bet with you...but I am unsure of what a sig-bet is ??

I think you definitely got the worse part in the QB area. If you assume Portis is not going to have a good year, then you improved at RB. I don't know if Coles was in your plans anyway so it may just be a wash.

See mineSee Mine

i think you got quite a bit worse, you downgraded immenstly at QB and i think downgraded at RB as well.

I hate to say it, but if I'm being honest I have to agree with most of the others here that this is a downgrade. Your saving grace, though, is that Kurt Warner will miss games due to injuries and Leinart's ascension.

Even as a Dallas homer, I'm not crazy about Julius Jones. I like his talent and potential, but his line will fail him a lot this year. In addition, Parcells has very thin patience for his negative yardage plays and his propensity to get injured. Marion Barber may be the featured back by the end of the year either due to injuries or Parcells' frustrations with JJ.

I like Leftwich, and I have him as a backup in two leagues. But I think part of that is me waiting for him to realize the potential that I saw him display at Marshall. I'm afraid I'll still be waiting this time next year. David Garrard has a lot of supporters, and may see time at #1 in Jacksonville this year. I do like LaMont Jordan a lot, and I think Art Shell's football mentality will serve his stats well. I agree that Benson should overtake TJ at some point in the first 6 games or so (but then, I'm also a Texas grad and homer...)

As far as Coles and Rivers, I don't care for either. That's garbage in, garbage out for me. Though one self-proclaimed guru in my most competitive league insists that Rivers is a Carson Palmer starter kit. I'm not so sure.

Final analysis? I wouldn't have made the trades, but there are some positives and negatives about it. It's not all bad, but not great in my opinion.

I appreciate your earlier reply to my Troy Williamson post.