Sign in to follow this  
Dogma

Kevin Jones

If so, how did he do? Did he run hard? How do you think he will fare in Maike Matz's offense? Is there hope that he may be the player that finished 2004 like a Pro Bowler? Insights are appreciated.

I think he'll do well. They were definitely looking for him, he caught 5 passes and was probably the target for 3 or 4 more. He also had a 20 yard run called back, and this was against a pretty good defense. He's a good #2.

The good:

he looked beastly, and instead of abandoning him when down, he was targeted as a receiver. often.

The bad:

He got landed on, came up gingerly and was taken out of the game for about 8 minutes. That's frighteningly reminiscent of how he was last year. For a back as punishing as he can be, I sometimes find myself questioning his toughness. If this develops into the same pattern it did last year, KJ owners will be :unsure:

Kitna did not inspire a lot of confidence. Lions DEF played their guts out.

KJ will most likely have numbers like last season.

If so, how did he do? Did he run hard? How do you think he will fare in Maike Matz's offense? Is there hope that he may be the player that finished 2004 like a Pro Bowler? Insights are appreciated.

Jones definitely ran like he had somewhere to go. If this was hockey he'd be second player of the game behind the defense. If the defense continues to play even close to how they did Sunday and Kitna improves (and Roy catches balls thrown right to him) and the o-line becomes even a little more consistent then Jones will have some strong performances as long as he runs like he did against Seattle. Might be too many "ifs" for now but he offered some hope to his owners. At least I think so.

Looked really good. If the offense starts clicking he should produce, but right now not producing as I was hoping.

14 rushes for 35 yards !!!!

He looked like most of us predicted in the off season ( worthless )

They will use him like Faulk , the problem is that he has 5 % of Faulk talent.

The good:

he looked beastly, and instead of abandoning him when down, he was targeted as a receiver. often.

The bad:

He got landed on, came up gingerly and was taken out of the game for about 8 minutes. That's frighteningly reminiscent of how he was last year. For a back as punishing as he can be, I sometimes find myself questioning his toughness. If this develops into the same pattern it did last year, KJ owners will be :(

I love the way he runs, and that can get him in trouble. He drives hard, and really doesn't quit when he has the ball. Really like to see that in a RB but is it going to wear him out? Lions offense has to watch the number of carries he gets....

I'm a little concerned about his speed. He wasn't able to turn the corner much, and that makes me think we will see a lot of 20 carry, 70 yard days.

Since the sad Lions got no where the goal line, we don't know what their game plan for him in that situation is as of yet.

Honestly I think he looked Tikiesque but w/o the numbers to back it up. He ran hard and looked very good on a few plays. But the rungame still needs to improve or the Lions will go nowhere. I don't think the def. will play that good every week.

I had the Seattle defense as being one of the better Ds this year, specifically with the addition of Julian Peterson. I figured this to be a tough test for the Lions offense. Hopefully, the Lions D will keep them in more games this year and the run won't be abandoned early. Not a Lions fan here, but have KJ as my #3 RB (got him cheap) and hoping to reap big rewards.

I thought he ran hard, he had a 18 yard run called back because roy williams moved before the snap on the other side of the field. I think he had another 10 yarder called back too.

I had the Seattle defense as being one of the better Ds this year, specifically with the addition of Julian Peterson. I figured this to be a tough test for the Lions offense. Hopefully, the Lions D will keep them in more games this year and the run won't be abandoned early. Not a Lions fan here, but have KJ as my #3 RB (got him cheap) and hoping to reap big rewards.

I also have him as my #3. They should get better as Kitna and the offense get more comfortable in Martz system. I did not see the game, but I agree they were going against one of the better defenses they will see this year. Their upcoming schedule:

Sep 17 @Chicago

Sep 24 Green Bay

Oct 1 @St. Louis

Oct 8 @Minnesota

Oct 15 Buffalo

Oct 22 @N.Y. Jets

should probably sit this week @Chicago, but the next 5 games he could do very well.

I have him in one dynasty league, but he is not crucial for me. I have other guys I can play week in and week out.

I thought Jones looked decent. Seattle's defense is fairly tough, at least at this point in the season. Jones looked pretty quick and he was real involved in the passing game. I think he had 9 balls thrown to him. Detroit does not have the best offensive line I have ever seen, which seems like qa bigger problem to me. Throw in a marginal QB like Kitna and THOSE things seem to be the real issue with Detroit.

On a more positive note, the Detroit defense was real tough looking which hopefully will give the running attack more chances as the season unfolds.