Sign in to follow this  
IndyTom

How to Use YouTube on Sportsline

Thank you IndyTom - my homepage is now sporting Terry Tate, Office Linebacker.

:thumbsdown:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nice :thumbsup: You kill the joe you make sum more!!!!!!!!!

So is it impossible to put text along with the video? The Story Headline only allows for 20 spaces or so and my text in the Photo Caption area didn't post. Can you add text after the embedded youtube code?

So is it possible to put text along with the video? The Story Headline spot only allows for 20 characters, and what I wrote in the Photo Caption area did not come through. Can you add text after the youtube embedded stuff?

Just put your text outside of the html (youtube) code. You may want to play around with aligning the text and what not but a simple <P align="left,right,center">YOUR TEXT HERE</P> will work fine...

So is it impossible to put text along with the video? The Story Headline only allows for 20 spaces or so and my text in the Photo Caption area didn't post. Can you add text after the embedded youtube code?

So is it possible to put text along with the video? The Story Headline spot only allows for 20 characters, and what I wrote in the Photo Caption area did not come through. Can you add text after the youtube embedded stuff?

This also works on the message boards for RTSports. But it won't work on the League News. Too bad, it would be great to have it on the front page.

But regardless, this is too much fun! Thanks again for sharing.

:cheers:

Well it's a LOT easier if you have the clip on say, your own webspace. Either way, just use the <embed> tag

<embed src="LINK TO WHAT YOU WANT TO EMBED" width=xx height=xx autostart=true/false loop=true/false hidden=true/false>

Not much more to it than that...I usually embed flash movies, avi's, mpegs, mp3s, etc...

I dont understand how to use a clip thats not on youtube. Could someone go over that again?

theres an audio clip of Mora earlier in this thread. Would you mind preparing it as you described so that I can use it to go by? If I have a couple of real examples I can then experiment and learn it better. Thanks!

<embed src="http://PUT THE LINK TO AUDIO CLIP HERE" autostart=true loop=true hidden=true>

That should do it...users will not see any audio controls due to the hidden being true, it will auto start and loop when finished.

theres an audio clip of Mora earlier in this thread. Would you mind preparing it as you described so that I can use it to go by? If I have a couple of real examples I can then experiment and learn it better. Thanks!

Do any of you techies know how to do this on Fanball???

I tried but can't get it to work...

We have several of these YouTube video's now on the our site and would like to clear a few of the old ones off. I've read that the Commish has the power to remove the Stories. Where is this option on the web page for them?

Thank you for your help. :D

IndyTom

:cry:

Thank you!

:cheers:

I am glad everyone has had so much fun with it.

I saw this on another site and had to post it over here.

(I certainly want to give credit where credit is due!)

"DIRECTIONS

1) Go to youtube.com

2) Find a video that you like and play it on the youtube site

3) Just right of the video look for some text labeled Embed. Copy all of the text from the box labeled Embed (be sure and copy all of the text in the box).

4) Now go to CBS Sportsline and create a new story. In the story body paste the text that you just copied from youtube. Put a headline in if you'd like and then click OK.

You will now have video (with the sound) on your CBS Sportsline Fantasy site. This is a GREAT Feature for talking trash and will enhance your leagues enjoyment. I love CBS Sportsline!"

--Brewtown, c/o FBG

:banana:

Sorry to waist your time with a stupid question but how do you create a new story? :wall:

Sorry to waist your time with a stupid question but how do you create a new story? :Mr-T:

On the front page, below the main picture it says:

Full story

• More Fantasy Columns

• More League News | Add Story

................................................................................

click add story.

When you paste the embedded info, just paste it in the STORY BODY. Not the 'story photo' like I did at first. That's it.

We should all understand how to put this on the site.

Again...my question is. Where do we remove them after we have several on the site in the old news area?

Thank you.. :)

We should all understand how to put this on the site.

Again...my question is. Where do we remove them after we have several on the site in the old news area?

Thank you.. :ninja:

If you are the Commish - you will have a link to "delete story".

Otherwise, if a Commish allows you to add a story, Sportsline doesn't allow you to remove them (no link). I think that's a little wacky on Sportsline's part, but that's how they have it set up.

I finally gave it a try, and it WORKED. Great stuff Indy Tom :dunno:

I do need help, cause my whole page is different now, and i want it back to its original way. I dont want to delete the story, but somehow now i cant see part of the right side of the website page. Please advise. Thanks

I finally gave it a try, and it WORKED. Great stuff Indy Tom :banana:

I do need help, cause my whole page is different now, and i want it back to its original way. I dont want to delete the story, but somehow now i cant see part of the right side of the website page. Please advise. Thanks

This post will show you how to fix that:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...t&p=2685869

Simply one of the best nuggets *ever*. Thanks for this tip and letting me be the first in my league to drop a video story on our website.

I did exactly as stated but can't get er going....when I copy and paste, the message field just stays blanc afterI hit OK :dunno:

Looking to add the U2/Green day tune from MNF a few weeks back...that gave me teh chills..."the Saints are Coming"

Fucken AWESOME...key is to go to "add story"...not post a message.

:banana: :banana:

The SAints are Coming.....The Saints are Coming :mellow:

Very Cool!

Will use until other owners beg for mercy!

We all need to add some of our favorites for all to use, keep 'em football relevant though.

anyone know how to post something that's not from youtube but from another site if you have the url?

here's a good one to post after you've embarrassed your opponent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ4Lcp6YkHE

Any one got any other good links to post for a a-sssss kicking?

ok... how do you get a video down? LOL i suppose this is the inevitable question. like an idiot i put jim mora "playoffs" on autoplay and now i'm sick of it. and the new "News Story" came in today, but it did not knock out the video... ??

ok... how do you get a video down? LOL i suppose this is the inevitable question. like an idiot i put jim mora "playoffs" on autoplay and now i'm sick of it. and the new "News Story" came in today, but it did not knock out the video... ??

Post another story and it will go to history...the autoplay is annoying, ask the commish to delete it.

Post another story and it will go to history...the autoplay is annoying, ask the commish to delete it.

Can I ever get it back to where CBS' main story will be the main one again? I fear that a new story I post will not solve the problem. Because today there was a Tight End story, and it did not go to the main part, instead was subordinate and the TE pic did not show up.... Jim Mora is still front and center LOL

Can I ever get it back to where CBS' main story will be the main one again? I fear that a new story I post will not solve the problem. Because today there was a Tight End story, and it did not go to the main part, instead was subordinate and the TE pic did not show up.... Jim Mora is still front and center LOL

On your own view in CBS, you can move your stories and features around the website. Just drag the CBS story to the top.