Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

Another Liberal business success story

Air America To Declare Bankruptcy, But Progressive Radio Remains Strong

Air America Radio will announce a major restructuring on Friday, which is expected to include a bankruptcy filing, three independent sources have told ThinkProgress.

Rink here

I know it's about a long five sentence article, but right there on the bottom, it says:

UPDATE: Air America responds.

If Air America had filed for bankruptcy every time someone rumored it to be doing so, we would have ceased to exist long ago; it may be frustrating to some that this hasn’t happened. No decision has been taken to make any filing of any kind, we are not sure of the source of these rumors and frankly can not respond to every rumor in the marketplace.

I know it's about a long five sentence article, but right there on the bottom, it says:

If torridmuhhamed can indict Rove based on his opinion, I can do this.

It's only fair.

:pointstosky:

It's only fair.

:pointstosky:

Wait...you are TRYING to be like Torrid?

Wait...you are TRYING to be like Torrid?

I am trying to demonstrate his absurdity by being absurd.

Get it?

:banana:

[And please don't compare me to him, K?]

It's only fair.

So shall I incessantly bump this thread until AirAmerica goes bankrupt, or should we just admit you're wrong and move on? Let’s just chalk this up as another conservative reading comprehension success story and call it a day.

So shall I incessantly bump this thread until AirAmerica goes bankrupt, or should we just admit you're wrong and move on? Let’s just chalk this up as another conservative reading comprehension success story and call it a day.

Whatever floats your boat Charlie. :banana:

Do you honestly believe that Karl Rove is clean? Seriously?

Last I checked, he wasn't indicted [yet]. :banana:

:huh:

Bankruptcy is nothing...Air America is getting more stations...it shows progressives can succeed in talk radio.

Bankruptcy is nothing...Air America is getting more stations...it shows progressives can succeed in talk radio.

KoolAid drinker!

Pretty funny.

KoolAid drinker!

Pretty funny.

You're calling me...a KoolAid drinker? You...who believes the official 9/11 story...bahhhh....bahhhhh.

Kudos! :huh:

eta: at the time you were wrong... but today, not so much....

Paperwork took a few weeks.

It will get some time to recapitalize, remain open, and then die again another day.

Model is flawed.

Talk radio lends itself to soundbites and blathering - perfect for your typical Bush apologist who relies on lots of simplistic black v. white constructions: Us v. Them, Christianity v. Islam, Totally For Bush's Policies or With the Terrorists, etc. The demographic for talk radio is overwhelmingly older than the general population and stupider. They should focus on the Internet instead - much younger, more intelligent and wealthier demographic. Daily Kos is I think the most visited blog on the Web.

Talk radio lends itself to soundbites and blathering - perfect for your typical Bush apologist who relies on lots of simplistic black v. white constructions: Us v. Them, Christianity v. Islam, Totally For Bush's Policies or With the Terrorists, etc. The demographic for talk radio is overwhelmingly older than the general population and stupider. They should focus on the Internet instead - much younger, more intelligent and wealthier demographic. Daily Kos is I think the most visited blog on the Web.

The majority of people are outside the "younger, more intelligent and wealthier demographic". So keep concentrating on that 20% of america and losing elections. :thumbsup: That'll get you places.

The majority of people are outside the "younger, more intelligent and wealthier demographic". So keep concentrating on that 20% of america and losing elections. :thumbsup: That'll get you places.

I'd sooner be courting young professionals for votes than old people. The elderly get to the polls but they also, y'know, die. Commercial radio is also a dying medium. Both parties should focus on the Internet and both sides are doing a really good job of leveraging the web. Instapundit and the Daily Kos are both well-written, entertaining and informative, if only because they direct you to news you might otherwise see.

HTH. :thumbsup:

I'd sooner be courting young professionals for votes than old people. The elderly get to the polls but they also, y'know, die. Commercial radio is also a dying medium. Both parties should focus on the Internet and both sides are doing a really good job of leveraging the web. Instapundit and the Daily Kos are both well-written, entertaining and informative, if only because they direct you to news you might otherwise see.

HTH. :thumbsup:

That strategy will win you elections in 2036.

No wonder you are a secretary.

:itisatipthatyoungprofessionalsbecomeoldpeople:

You think talk radio is going to remain a viable medium for the next 30 years, but I'm the stupid one.

Classic Toro stupidity. No wonder you live in your MIL's basement apartment. :thumbsup:

You think talk radio is going to remain a viable medium for the next 30 years, but I'm the stupid one.

Classic Toro stupidity. No wonder you live in your MIL's basement apartment. :huh:

Until people can surf the internet while they are commuting for an average of 2 hours a day, then yes it will. Talk radio will continue on into different mediums - podcasting, satellite radio, etc - and people will continue to listen.

You are an idiot.

Until people can surf the internet while they are commuting for an average of 2 hours a day, then yes it will. Talk radio will continue on into different mediums - podcasting, satellite radio, etc - and people will continue to listen.

You are an idiot.

Podcasting = almost certainly from the Internet.

Satellite Radio = not "commercial radio."

Podcasting = almost certainly from the Internet.

Satellite Radio = not "commercial radio."

Possibly the crappiest MDC post evah!!! :pointstosky:

Podcast:Download onto an MP3 player, bring it with for the commute.

Satellite Radio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_radio

Commercial broadcasting is the practice of broadcasting for profit.

Perhaps the best known commercial broadcasters are the venerable ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC television networks, as well as radio giant Clear Channel Communications, based in the United States. Major US commercial cable operators include Comcast, Adelphia, Time Warner Cable, and Cox Communications; satellite services include DirecTV, Dish Network, the UK's BSkyB, and the radio services Sirius, WorldSpace, and XM. In Asia the best known Commercial Service was with the oldest radio station in the region, Radio Ceylon.

Possibly the crappiest MDC post evah!!! :pointstosky:

Podcast:Download onto an MP3 player, bring it with for the commute.

Satellite Radio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_radio

What about the post where I welched?

Podcast - Where are you downloading that from? :banana: That's right, the Inter-nets.

Commercial radio - I meant as opposed to Satellite radio.

Thanks. :banana:

Best post evah! Starting to like Toro

How will AL Franken make a living now? B)

How will AL Franken make a living now? :P

Al Franken...is your new senator from Minnesota. Now if we could only get KO to run.