Sign in to follow this  
pacman_fl

Gas at $1.15/gallon? That'll happen

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Inves...e.aspx?GT1=8579

Remember when you paid $1.15 a gallon for gasoline?

You could be paying it again. Maybe not this year, but perhaps in the next few years.

Sure, oil experts say there's little excess refining capacity. Oil reserves are stretched. Oil consumption is soaring in China and India.

But things are starting to change. Drivers are changing their habits. Global tensions are easing, and more supply is on its way.

Easing global tensions? What channel is that on? I guess it's safe to buy the Hummer and boat now....

Gas will get down in the 1.50 to 2.00 range and then "mysteriously" go back up to 3.00+ when a republican is voted President in 2008.

Gas will get down in the 1.50 to 2.00 range and then "mysteriously" go back up to 3.00+ when a republican is voted President in 2008.

I'm new to posting in the forums, but have used the site for a few years and always enjoy your take. It reminds me of myself when I was young. I am VERY happy to see you are coming to your senes on the 2008 electon. But, just for argument sake, let's assume you are wrong from once (I know it's a radical hypothetical), but what will prices do if the Dem's win (assuming they get down to $1.50 - $2.00)? No matter the answer, keep the quips coming - they put a smile on my face daily. :unsure:

I'm new to posting in the forums, but have used the site for a few years and always enjoy your take. It reminds me of myself when I was young gave a crap.

I am VERY happy to see you are coming to your senes senses on the 2008 selecton ELECTION.

But, just for argument sake, let's assume you are wrong from for once (I know it's a radical hypothetical hypothesis), but what will prices do if the Dem's DEMOCRATS win (assuming they get down to $1.50 - $2.00)?

No matter the answer, keep the quips coming - they put a smile on my face daily. :banana:

;) Man, are you drunk?

BTW, W and the GOP are far better comedians than edjr. Play to larger audiences, too.

Uh-huh

I'm new to posting in the forums, but have used the site for a few years and always enjoy your take. It reminds me of myself when I was young. I am VERY happy to see you are coming to your senes on the 2008 electon. But, just for argument sake, let's assume you are wrong from once (I know it's a radical hypothetical), but what will prices do if the Dem's win (assuming they get down to $1.50 - $2.00)? No matter the answer, keep the quips coming - they put a smile on my face daily. :clap:

I'm only saying the prices of gas are going to go down so a lot of voters will say to themselves "hey, look at the price of gas, let's keep a republican in the white house" What if prices of gas goes down and a Democrat is voted in? I assume prices will go back up, but I have no idea how high. Probably not to 3 bucks.

I saw $2.35/gallon this morning

:clap:

I saw 2.29, but other places it's much lower I'm hearing. I only fill up once a month, so it really doesn't matter to me. 30 bucks a month or 20, no big whoop.

:dunno: Man, are you drunk?

BTW, W and the GOP are far better comedians than edjr. Play to larger audiences, too.

Uh-huh

I'm sober now - and edjr is STILL funny (just misunderstood). I do agree with those that get upset when people celebrate a 2.00 - 2.25/gallon gas price. Unfortunately, 2.35 is still the best to be found here in S. Florida area. Also, Caliendo does a great W.

Guest Davaco
Won't ever happen again. OPEC just said they would let oil fall below $60/barrel. I tend to believe them.

as soon as it dips below, look for a partial shutdown due to maintenance

:banana:

The price of gasoline will only go so low due to the uncertainty in the ME, particularly Iraq. The situation with Iran will also ensure that we probably won't see an average < 2.00 ever again.

I think the prices go back up no matter who gets elected. If I am an oil company CEO, I love the fact that most moronic Americans lay all the blame on W and the repubs.... :banana:

I think the prices go back up no matter who gets elected. If I am an oil company CEO, I love the fact that most moronic Americans lay all the blame on W and the repubs.... :)

Smartest thing I heard all week. :ninja:

Won't ever happen again. OPEC just said they would let oil fall below $60/barrel. I tend to believe them.

:D

Remember when you paid $1.15 a gallon for gasoline?

I remember paying .80 cents in the summer of 98.

There is a station in Philly that will offer $1.29 gas today. Of course, it's only to get rid of his supply as he's going out of business from the high cost of gas.

I saw 2.29, but other places it's much lower I'm hearing. I only fill up once a month, so it really doesn't matter to me. 30 bucks a month or 20, no big whoop.

$1.99 in Houston, Texas. My dad called me yesterday to tell me that. It is down to $2.65 here in Las Vegas. I would just be happy to pay $2.00 again.

So far the lowest I've seen it here in the South Bay has been $2.78.

I just paid $3.09 for Diesel. $2.64 for Regular unleaded. That makes no sense whatsoevah! :thumbsup: