Sign in to follow this  
adam smitty

Saturday Night Q and A

Should I go to work ? Or stay home and get drunk ?

Football related!!!

Do you jam the football into YOUR azz....or do you jam it into your boyfriends azz??

See?....football related.

Aight!

Drafted plummer and picked up Grossman. Kitna is on the wire with a weak pass defense tomorrow. Who would you plug in.

Football related!!!

Do you jam the football into YOUR azz....or do you jam it into your boyfriends azz??

See?....football related.

How about I stick it up your a$$ and all 3 of us will be happy.

ok... which QB is the best start:

Vick @ new orleans

Brees v atlanta

Grossman @ minnesota

I'll play along-

Everything I've heard is that Housh is going to play but not start. Would you go with a non-100% Housh vs a tough PIT defense or Furrey against GB? All things being equal this is an obvious choice, but all things aren't equal here.

Question 2 - With Heap being a gametime decision, would you roll the dice and keep in the lineup (I'm guessing he'll gut it out but won't be at full speed) or would you plug in Winslow against BAL in a tough matchup?

Aight!

Drafted plummer and picked up Grossman. Kitna is on the wire with a weak pass defense tomorrow. Who would you plug in.

I've been in a situation like that with Plummer before early last season and the week I finally benched him, he goes off for like 40 points. It's hard to bench him, but both Grossman and Kitna have very favorable matchups. (I think Kitna could go off tomorrow because Martz will find a way to exploit the packers young D) I think I'd go with Grossman here, but only by a little bit.

ok... which QB is the best start:

Vick @ new orleans

Brees v atlanta

Grossman @ minnesota

Vick, NO has no defense to speak of right now and Vick is playing the best football of his life. Start him while he's hot.

Brady @ DEN

or

Bulger @ ARI

Horn vs ATL

or

Colston vs ATL (other options are: Barlow, Norwood, Reg.Brown, Jennings)

Other starters: Gore, Parker, Boldin, Driver, Cotchery, Watson, Kasay

12 teams PPR league, standard scoring

TIA!!!

Ok here is one.who do I start Caddy, FWP, Kevin Jones or Steve Smith ? pick one.

Chances are looking good that Smith starts tomorrow, so I'd go with him. If he doesnt go, I'd get in FWP or KJ. I'm not too high on any tampa players right now.

I'll play along-

Everything I've heard is that Housh is going to play but not start. Would you go with a non-100% Housh vs a tough PIT defense or Furrey against GB? All things being equal this is an obvious choice, but all things aren't equal here.

Question 2 - With Heap being a gametime decision, would you roll the dice and keep in the lineup (I'm guessing he'll gut it out but won't be at full speed) or would you plug in Winslow against BAL in a tough matchup?

I'm actually starting Furrey in one league, I think he should be good for 10 points or so, but Housh against Pit is too risky for me. I don't like playing big risks this early in the year unless I'm in a pinch or need to makeup huge ground already.

About your TEs, they both play the late game, so if your league alows you to switch your lineup up until the game starts keep Heap in and follow the pregame reports closely.

Chances are looking good that Smith starts tomorrow, so I'd go with him. If he doesnt go, I'd get in FWP or KJ. I'm not too high on any tampa players right now.

Good answer because I am going with Smith if he plays.

LT owner here. Sould I trade Maroney for Turner....straight up? :thumbsup:

this is a tough one, Maroney has already shown he has value and as Dillon wears down he could become a very solid RB2 or easily RB3 but Turner will be very good if anything should happen to LT2. I would only do the trade if you have some solid depth behind Tomlinson already.

How about I stick it up your a$$ and all 3 of us will be happy.

I dont think the 11 year old korean boy you're molesting right now will appreciate that.

sinner.

I'm actually starting Furrey in one league, I think he should be good for 10 points or so, but Housh against Pit is too risky for me. I don't like playing big risks this early in the year unless I'm in a pinch or need to makeup huge ground already.

About your TEs, they both play the late game, so if your league alows you to switch your lineup up until the game starts keep Heap in and follow the pregame reports closely.

Being a Steeler fan I will tell you what will happen CJ will get shut down and TJ will get points. Thsts what happened last year and I expect the same this sunday.

Brady @ DEN

or

Bulger @ ARI

Horn vs ATL

or

Colston vs ATL (other options are: Barlow, Norwood, Reg.Brown, Jennings)

Other starters: Gore, Parker, Boldin, Driver, Cotchery, Watson, Kasay

12 teams PPR league, standard scoring

TIA!!!

Bulger and Horn. The AZ v STL game should be a shootout.

Better actor: OJ Simpson or Jim Brown?

Uhmmm.. Neither!

Being a Steeler fan I will tell you what will happen CJ will get shut down and TJ will get points. Thsts what happened last year and I expect the same this sunday.

This is true, but Henry is probably going to get more snaps then Housh and might end up being the primary #2.

Better actor: OJ Simpson or Jim Brown?

Rosie Grear was far better acter then both. Did you see the movie where he played a 2 headed monster ? Only Rosie could make that work.

Trade Caddy for Chambers?

I wouldnt give up on the Caddy just yet, you probably could get more for a first round RB. Going after Chambers while he's cheap is a good idea though.

Which shoulder should a wr look over when catching a football on a fly/fade/deep slant route

Depends on which side of the field they are on. I tend to look over the left more if I have a choice.

Only question I have on my lineup is who to start at QB and my 2nd RB

Brady vs DEN (I just see him handing the ball off a lot against Denver, and DEN always gives him trouble)

or

Kitna vs GB (I think Kitna will have a good game against weak GB secondary, he's at home, and how can he go a 3rd game without a passing TD?)

and

Chester Taylor against CHICAGO (hets all the MIN carries but, well, its CHICAGO)

or

Maroney against DEN (splitting carries with Dillon)

Thanks for any help !

I've been waffling.

Cincy @ Pitt

or

Denver @ N.E.

Both have been good and normally I'd probably pick NE but after watching the Jags destroy Roethlisburger I'm :wacko:

Thoughts?

Only question I have on my lineup is who to start at QB and my 2nd RB

Brady vs DEN (I just see him handing the ball off a lot against Denver, and DEN always gives him trouble)

or

Kitna vs GB (I think Kitna will have a good game against weak GB secondary, he's at home, and how can he go a 3rd game without a passing TD?)

and

Chester Taylor against CHICAGO (hets all the MIN carries but, well, its CHICAGO)

or

Maroney against DEN (splitting carries with Dillon)

Thanks for any help !

I agree with you on Brady V Den. Kitna should have a good game, so I'd lean towards him by a hair. I also would take Taylor, especially if you have PPR.

I've been waffling.

Cincy @ Pitt

or

Denver @ N.E.

Both have been good and normally I'd probably pick NE but after watching the Jags destroy Roethlisburger I'm :wacko:

Thoughts?

I've never offered advice on a defense before, but I think Cincy has a better chance of coming up with some picks/fum recoveries then NE. But with defenses, you can pull a name out of a hat and do just fine most of the time.