Sign in to follow this  
Artist Formerly Known as Big O

Houston Disastros

I sure hope not, I want McLane to dump scrap iron and get in the Girardi lottery.

Here are a few moves that I think the Astros need to do:

Let Biggio get 3K, then let Chris Burke be the everyday 2B (he would be in the hunt for rookie of the year if he played everyday) Biggio is a defensive liability, and his OBP is too low (but its hard to ask a future hall of famer to leave)

Get Carlos Lee

Shop Lidge and Everett

Get that kid Hirsh some innings

Let Roger ask for 50 million somewhere else

Dump Garner, the guy can't manage a lineup to save his life, and he makes too many bonehead moves

i feel ya guys. its killing me too, why do you torture me Astros :mad:

a likely scenario: comes down to last game, if we win we are in. are lineup will include jason lane (who will go 0-4 with two walks when a pop fly scores a run) over luke scott. we will have a lead going into late innings, and our bullpen will self destruct. :cry:

Completely agree Burke needs to be in the lineup as much as possible over Biggio, but I want him to have 3000 as well. Maybe just give Biggio the home starts until he gets there? He is pretty good at finding the Crawford boxes.

Also we Must get Luke Scott in there as an everyday player imo. He is part of our future in outfield in a big way i think.

I agree shop Lidge, if there is any market for him, and we can get anything of worth back. If people offer up absolute crap, i say keep him and stick him in the middle relief.

I agree Carlos Lee would be a great and likely addition.

I disagree with Everett. I think he provides enough defense to put up with lackluster offense. I don't think its him that killing us, its more the combination of him and Ausmus. I love the guy but we need some sort of offensive from him. I say move Ausmus for someone who doesn't hit into every double play humanly possible.

I also say its time to let go of Ensberg, pay Huff and move on. Ensberg it too unpredictable, and has a "im the hero" mentality, and tries to hit a homerun everytime, when we could really just use a bat on ball.

I also agree Garner has had his run, and his refusal to play Luke Scott, and insistance on playing Jason Lane has pushed me over the edge on him. In addition, I don't know why Taveras isn't always batting first. Batting him second kills his basestealing if someone is on ahead of him.

My ideal lineup.

1B-L.Berkman

2B-C.Burke

3B-A.Huff

SS-A.Everett

LF-C.Lee

CF-W.Taveras

RF-L.Scott

C-Offensive Free Agent

i feel ya guys. its killing me too, why do you torture me Astros :mad:

a likely scenario: comes down to last game, if we win we are in. are lineup will include jason lane (who will go 0-4 with two walks when a pop fly scores a run) over luke scott. we will have a lead going into late innings, and our bullpen will self destruct. :cry:

Completely agree Burke needs to be in the lineup as much as possible over Biggio, but I want him to have 3000 as well. Maybe just give Biggio the home starts until he gets there? He is pretty good at finding the Crawford boxes.

Also we Must get Luke Scott in there as an everyday player imo. He is part of our future in outfield in a big way i think.

I agree shop Lidge, if there is any market for him, and we can get anything of worth back. If people offer up absolute crap, i say keep him and stick him in the middle relief.

I agree Carlos Lee would be a great and likely addition.

I disagree with Everett. I think he provides enough defense to put up with lackluster offense. I don't think its him that killing us, its more the combination of him and Ausmus. I love the guy but we need some sort of offensive from him. I say move Ausmus for someone who doesn't hit into every double play humanly possible.

I also say its time to let go of Ensberg, pay Huff and move on. Ensberg it too unpredictable, and has a "im the hero" mentality, and tries to hit a homerun everytime, when we could really just use a bat on ball.

I also agree Garner has had his run, and his refusal to play Luke Scott, and insistance on playing Jason Lane has pushed me over the edge on him. In addition, I don't know why Taveras isn't always batting first. Batting him second kills his basestealing if someone is on ahead of him.

My ideal lineup.

1B-L.Berkman

2B-C.Burke

3B-A.Huff

SS-A.Everett

LF-C.Lee

CF-W.Taveras

RF-L.Scott

C-Offensive Free Agent

The best years the organization has had back to back and you want to fire the manager that made it possible? :rolleyes:

These teams have not been the most talented in astros history yet they achieved what no other team could, success in the playoffs. But you want to fire the only manager in Astros history to win a playoff series? :mad:

Garner is not the problem it is Drayton and Purpura in that order. Drayton needs to get out of the baseball side of the business and see if Tim can be a major league GM.

Garner blows many games by making dumb moves, doesn't know how to work a pitcher at all.

His career win % is something like 480, I'll google it later. I know DET and MIL didn't have the best teams then, but his early 90s Brewers had a couple of Hall of Famers on it, and he still couldn't do jack.

He doesn't play small ball at all, you can't rely on the HR everytime, they leave too many players on base. I've seen many times where someone like Taveras is on third with one out, and they don't get him in..

If its a tie game and your pitcher is throwing BBs, don't pinch hit for him.. Especially with two outs, man, I can't remember who it was, but I remember him doing that in a Cubs series this year..

He never sticks with a player who has been hot, "Oh, I know you went 3-4 with 3 RBIs last night, but you're out today, you've earned it big guy.."

I also think that McLane is too involved on the baseball side, Purpura is the GM, let him do it..

I'm not comparing anything.

I'm also not the one attempting to dog on the Texans, which is much akin to beating up retarded kids from the short bus.

HTH

:clap:

9 in a row baby! This is freaking incredible. Just when you think the past 2 years were improbable, there is potentially the greatest final 2 week close by a team, ever!

9-1 Brewers in the 5th! Lets go Brew crew!!!!!!! STL loss = Houston 1/2 game out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome! I don't like reg season baseball, but holy crap! This could be the biggest collapse in regular season sports history!

This is awesome! I don't like reg season baseball, but holy crap! This could be the biggest collapse in regular season sports history!

Even if STL makes the playoffs, I predict an embarrissing postseason for them. The pitching is horrid. You know dang well no-one in the NL wants to face the Astros if the bats are this hot with their starting 3 pitchers.

Unfortunately, whoever the NL champ is, they will get crushed by the AL champ, as always.

Where's paulinstl? :dunno:

how about the astros make every game a 36 inning, 14 pitcher using, bat boy having to be inserted into lineup, heart attack?

im not sure i can take this :banana: :D :wub: :o

damn you for making me care again!