Sign in to follow this  
cyeaser

PLAXICO?

i know he dropped a ball and got 1 picked off, but whats his deal now?

his in the doghouse, but does he get out of it???

any news on this?

I was reading posts on another site and there were some NY homers saying the trifecta of back spasms, him having a bad game and a blow-out (at the time) he wasn't going back in. They figured he would back in the line-up on Sunday and just has to watch himself because we all know the Tommy Boy doesn't put up with that type of behavior.

He will play and be productive as a good number #2 WR for me this weekend.

The Giants are on a bye this week, FF Guru. :o

I was reading posts on another site and there were some NY homers saying the trifecta of back spasms, him having a bad game and a blow-out (at the time) he wasn't going back in. They figured he would back in the line-up on Sunday and just has to watch himself because we all know the Tommy Boy doesn't put up with that type of behavior.

he's on a bye this weekend

There was a lot of reporting/speculation Sunday night Plax was yanked because he was playing badly.

Coughlin won't ever throw a player under the bus - even though they won't hestitate to do it to him - but when he was asked point blank yesterday 'was he benched because of the back injury or because of his performance?', he replied

"He was taken out because he wasn't effective.....which was partly because of the back problems".

:(

David Tyree is a special teams coverage guy, I wouldn't think he's going to steal any looks if Plax is healthy.

It was a crap game, easy to read too much into a blowout.

The Giants have great talent at the skill positions and DE, not much at OL, LB and CB.

Anyway, he had two productive games and I think he will continue to do well after the bye.

Plaxico was the definition of terrible- He literally caused 3 turnovers in the 1st half. And he is lackadaisical about it. I love him because he plays for my GMEN but he is retard.And has a really bad attitude. He just didnt seem like he was IN the game at all and was thinking about something completely elsewhere. I was reluctant to draft him because of this but he is a stud when his head is in the game. But he will turn it around. Its scary when David Tyree goes in there and gets it done and Plaxico can care less about anything.

nothing wrong with his back..

Plaxico was the definition of terrible- He literally caused 3 turnovers in the 1st half. And he is lackadaisical about it. I love him because he plays for my GMEN but he is retard.And has a really bad attitude. He just didnt seem like he was IN the game at all and was thinking about something completely elsewhere. I was reluctant to draft him because of this but he is a stud when his head is in the game. But he will turn it around. Its scary when David Tyree goes in there and gets it done and Plaxico can care less about anything.

nothing wrong with his back..

Plex pouts when things go bad or if he is not heavily involved in the game.

He has done this his entire career. I drafted him because I got him in a value spot in the draft, but I knew there would be days like this. I think you have to live with it or trade him after a great week. Cause he will disappear from time to time.

With the contortions you have to go thru to get your head up your arse it's no wonder he had a bad back.

I hope he can get his shtuff together so my QB can throw to him

Plax is a stud. He isn't going anywhere. He just had a bad day (back).

Anyone here think Plax is a stud? Or do you think he's on his way out of NY?

i didnt know that plaxico didnt care about anything and i really dont care how compassionate he is..

i want his big 6'6" azz in there catching tds....bottom line.

ok i guess we will hear more during the bye week. thanks for the replies.....

Neither. He is not a stud. He shows signs of it some weeks but does not have the consistency to be a true "stud" receiver. There is no chance of him being on his way out of NY.

well i dont need plax to be a "STUD"

but i do NEED more then 1 catch for 23 yards.. and for the first 2 weeks of the season "STUD" or not he out produced alot of the "STUD" wideouts..

NY hasn't tired of Shockey's crap yet, so no reason to think they will not put up w/Plax (at least this season.)

Frankly, I think Coughlin is playing for his job this season and will have to play guys like Plax & Shockey, no matter what they say in the press. The Giants were preseason favorites to win the division and the way they're playing they won't get a wild card. I think the heat will be squarely on Coughlin. Remember, not only did Shockey call him out this week for being out-coached by SEA, but Tiki said the same thing after SEA beat NY in the playoffs last year.

Throw in the speculation that Acorsi will retire and NY will have a new GM next year and I think by the end of the season many of the coaches AND players will be fighting for their jobs.

Plax has handled things poorly in the past, but he showed some cleas in the way he handled this situation. The back issues that contributed to his benching aren't likely to be an issue after the bye week, so assume he'll be back in the line up in week 5.

That team is headed toward an implosion...Players criticizing the coach, players questioning other players, supposedly improved defense that gets torched weekly...if Philly hadn't gift wrapped one for them, they'd be 0-3 and dead already. Coughlin has lost that team, and it's starting to show in Barbers comments last year in the playoffs, and in Burress and Shockey this year. Tick...Tick...Tick...

That team is headed toward an implosion...Players criticizing the coach, players questioning other players, supposedly improved defense that gets torched weekly...if Philly hadn't gift wrapped one for them, they'd be 0-3 and dead already. Coughlin has lost that team, and it's starting to show in Barbers comments last year in the playoffs, and in Burress and Shockey this year. Tick...Tick...Tick...

Blah Blah Blah. They've been pushing this story for years. Don't count on it. This team will rebound.

As far as the original question here, I'd deal away or drop Burress in a NY minute, as long as you can get any kind of value in return. Bear in mind, though, that I'm a Giants fan, and that I'm utterly sick of Burress' actions and attitudes. Someone on the offensive line should've approached Burress and castigated him for his performance against Seattle (or lack of it, given yet another fumble and another clang!!!! off his hands that resulted in an intereception), much as Burress did when he was criticizing the NY Giants offensive line the week before. Burress has always been a pain in the butt and I don't see anything this year that would alter that analysis. I'd much rather have a guy like Cotchery, Jennings, or Henry on my roster, given Burress' inconsistency and penchant for tantrums and potential for a seat on the :D

I should mention that you should take these comments with a "grain of salt" because I really dislike Burress' attitude, and that he's potentially a good performer for a game or two--I just happen to dislike his inconsistency and his annoying attitude. To me, he's "TO Junior".

As far as the original question here, I'd deal away or drop Burress in a NY minute, as long as you can get any kind of value in return. Bear in mind, though, that I'm a Giants fan, and that I'm utterly sick of Burress' actions and attitudes. Someone on the offensive line should've approached Burress and castigated him for his performance against Seattle (or lack of it, given yet another fumble and another clang!!!! off his hands that resulted in an intereception), much as Burress did when he was criticizing the NY Giants offensive line the week before. Burress has always been a pain in the butt and I don't see anything this year that would alter that analysis. I'd much rather have a guy like Cotchery, Jennings, or Henry on my roster, given Burress' inconsistency and penchant for tantrums and potential for a seat on the :bench:

I should mention that you should take these comments with a "grain of salt" because I really dislike Burress' attitude, and that he's potentially a good performer for a game or two--I just happen to dislike his inconsistency and his annoying attitude. To me, he's "TO Junior".

I guess you weren't paying attention to how he handled his getting benched last week then. When guys handle things the right way, it's clearly not as noteworthy as when they act like a jack ass.

His criticism of the line the week before was the sort of thing that happens regularly on the football field. When he says something stupid to the press, or raises his arms after a bad pass, I have issues with that. His calling out the line when they're getting their QB killed and costing them the game is the sort of thing leaders do on a football field... and guess what -they responded. I have no issues with that.

As far as his production goes, I guess he's done for the year because he's already had two good games. And good luck getting consistency from those other guys.

I guess you weren't paying attention to how he handled his getting benched last week then. When guys handle things the right way, it's clearly not as noteworthy as when they act like a jack ass.

His criticism of the line the week before was the sort of thing that happens regularly on the football field. When he says something stupid to the press, or raises his arms after a bad pass, I have issues with that. His calling out the line when they're getting their QB killed and costing them the game is the sort of thing leaders do on a football field... and guess what -they responded. I have no issues with that.

As far as his production goes, I guess he's done for the year because he's already had two good games. And good luck getting consistency from those other guys.

I understand your points, but I don't agree with them. Burress does things that get him benched--how he handles the benching doesn't change the fact that he engaged in conduct that results in him adjusting his cap on the sidelines instead of putting on a helmet. I also disagree that his action of obviously berating the offensive line is good for the team or makes him a leader--how is that different from a QB yelling at a receiver that dropped a pass? And why is raising his arms after a bad pass something with which you have an issue, but yelling at the O-line isn't? With respect to his production, he certainly has some good games, but he's very inconsistent, as demonstrated by his point totals (at least under my league's rules). You're probably right that the other receivers I mentioned don't have his potential, but as I said, I'm biased by the fact that I really dislike Burress' "TO Jr" demeanor.

Here's hoping the G-Men have a resurgence after the bye week. :thumbsup:

A couple point on Burress. Regarding his benching last week, he was benched because of his performance on the field -namely his being responsible for two costly turnovers- while playing injured in a week where he basically missed the week of practice. And he handled that benching exactly as you would want -and far better than most people would have expected.

Regarding his consistency there are a few things to consider. Outside of the very elete WRs, there are very few who are going to be consistent, and those who are will typically be consistently mediocre. Additionally, keep this in mind -last season he was inconsistent, but with a first year starting QB who was himself inconsistent and as a result, likewise was the entire offense. Prior to that, he had a rookie QB throwing to him on a run fist team, and in years prior had the likes of Tommy Maddox throwing him the ball. That's hardly the formula for consistency there, so I expect him to improve in this regard this season. But we'll see.