Sign in to follow this  
TeNt

Political parties

Parties  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are they good?

• They are retarded
    • Yes, they are a great system

I think they are retarded, all they do is make people bias. And start mudslinging crap about their opponets party... compleltey ignoring the subject matter.

Like "you libs always do that" and "you stupid redneck conservatives never..."

no good comes from them other than a system for elections... and if no one could come up with another... god help us.

p.s. I know they arent going anywhere... im just saying

all libs want to do is tax and spend :lol:

Sorry, but I don't think it's the political parties that cause the problems. It's the political ideologies that are divergent. The only alternative is to have everyone believe the same thing and apart from this being impossible, coerced belief systems have never been effective (see Nazi Germany). Political parties following one belief system cannot be competing, so this would remove from the equation the partisanship, power struggle and mudslinging. At the same time, a uniform system of thought will never result in satisfying the best interest of the people. Only the minority with the power to control the system of thought. Uniform systems of economy or government, on the other hand, such as capitalism and democracy, are certainly prerequisites for a successful nation-state. Some uniform systems of economy or government working better than others, i.e communism and parliamentary.

Just had to add my $.02. Next lecture is at 7 PM.

all libs want to do is tax and spend :banana:

You're the one who voted "it's a great system" aren't you. :(

Sorry, but I don't think it's the political parties that cause the problems. It's the political ideologies that are divergent. The only alternative is to have everyone believe the same thing and apart from this being impossible, coerced belief systems have never been effective (see Nazi Germany). Political parties following one belief system cannot be competing, so this would remove from the equation the partisanship, power struggle and mudslinging. At the same time, a uniform system of thought will never result in satisfying the best interest of the people. Only the minority with the power to control the system of thought. Uniform systems of economy or government, on the other hand, such as capitalism and democracy, are certainly prerequisites for a successful nation-state. Some uniform systems of economy or government working better than others, i.e communism and parliamentary.

democrats want universal, all encompassing federal health care. Combine the compassion of the IRS with the efficiancy of the SSA and this is what you would have.

:banana:

You're the one who voted "it's a great system" aren't you. :(

I hate them both, but in theory they make some sense. People who believe much of the same things would naturally gravitate together and pool resources to get done what they think is right.

Still hate them all.

Where's Perot when you need him!!!

I hate them both, but in theory they make some sense. People who believe much of the same things would naturally gravitate together and pool resources to get done what they think is right.

Still hate them all.

Where's Perot when you need him!!!

democrats are more interested in protecting the liberties of terrorists than your safety :bench:

Political parties jam divergent ideas into silos. Both parties are far more varied than the blowhards, but too often politicians are asked to tow the party line, and are penalized if they vote their conscience.

Not all dems want universal health care. But are you, cmh, enjoying paying the premiums of those that cannot afford to pay? Because you do. If you don't think something needs to be fixed with our health care system, you're blind, or coldhearted.

Most folks I've spoken with who express disdain for "political parties" don't really hate the "parties" per se; rather, their main beef is with the "two-party system."

While it may seem broken at first glance (and there are many ways to improve it for sure) the beauty of the two-party system is that our leadership is comprised on almost every level of people who were elected in a simple majority. When you have three (or more) parties added to the mix you wind up with leaders who come to power even though the majority did not vote for them (think Clinton in 1992, et. al).

Furthermore, from a legislative standpoint it becomes much harder to build consensus on various pieces of legislation if there is no common ground between the various parties, which can (and often does in the parliamentary system) lead to stagnation. Think our Congress is a "do-nothing" congress? Take a look at the myriad of problems that the European democracies have faced and continue to face.

While our system may not be perfect, I believe it leads to a level of governmental efficiency that we rarely see in other democracies, and it makes ours better than most.

Most folks I've spoken with who express disdain for "political parties" don't really hate the "parties" per se; rather, their main beef is with the "two-party system."

While it may seem broken at first glance (and there are many ways to improve it for sure) the beauty of the two-party system is that our leadership is comprised on almost every level of people who were elected in a simple majority. When you have three (or more) parties added to the mix you wind up with leaders who come to power even though the majority did not vote for them (think Clinton in 1992, et. al).

Furthermore, from a legislative standpoint it becomes much harder to build consensus on various pieces of legislation if there is no common ground between the various parties, which can (and often does in the parliamentary system) lead to stagnation. Think our Congress is a "do-nothing" congress? Take a look at the myriad of problems that the European democracies have faced and continue to face.

While our system may not be perfect, I believe it leads to a level of governmental efficiency that we rarely see in other democracies, and it makes ours better than most.

democrats want us to go out and hug trees :banana:

Hey, having parties makes voting easy! Why should I have to go out of my way to find out what each candidate believes when I can just look at a letter after their name?

Hey, having parties makes voting easy! Why should I have to go out of my way to find out what each candidate believes when I can just look at a letter after their name?

:wub:

Democrats want to take away your guns.

Democrats hate God.

:D :banana:

When republicans aren't on the side lines cheering for their football team they are arming terrorist errrrr freedom fighters and putting ruthless dictators into power.. Then when everything goes south they blame the Dems

Democrats want to take away your guns.

Democrats hate God.

:D :banana:

Jesus is a liberal

Jesus is a liberal

LIES LIES LIES! You know damn well Jesus would hate queers and bomb abortion clinics you heathenistic bastard!

No, a uniform belif system forced on everyone would be even worse. What I would like to see is a system where the issues are presented, and you decide what you think based on the information you achived. Voting to be the same way. The problem with that is most issues are an A or B thing... so it would spawn groups A and B anyways. Im just saying this is a problem, pretty much a solutionless problem... but a problem. The only sure fire way to fix it would be for all Americans to drop bias, and do research on each and every issue they speak about, and swollow their pride.

But... uhh... thats not about to happen...

and to answer the question seriously, it's been goin strong for over 2 decades and seems to be working pretty good. And the Constitution is setup to where if the public really called for another party (which by the way there are more than 2 parties represented nationally) that it's feasible. It hasn't always been the Republican and Democrat parties in charge, and I'm sure overtime it could change once again.

so no, I don't see anything wrong with the way it is setup.

and i couldn't leave off your typical "Go Republicans!!@# :ninja: :dunno: " splooge