Sign in to follow this  
NMK

***Colston position debate***

On the Saints depth chart they list him as a WR. In the Saints games I've seen, he's never lined up at TE. I heard that ESPN fantasy stripped him of his TE status. Should Yahoo Sports get on this and follow suit? How do we petition Yahoo to change this?

I know that there are some leagues where managers are playing him as a TE and he's killing them.

On the Saints depth chart they list him as a WR. In the Saints games I've seen, he's never lined up at TE. I heard that ESPN fantasy stripped him of his TE status. Should Yahoo Sports get on this and follow suit? How do we petition Yahoo to change this?

I know that there are some leagues where managers are playing him as a TE and he's killing them.

Yeah go on and file a petition??? Are you on crack?

Of course he should be listed as a WR, that's the position he plays.

:bandana:

bingo. if he's never played in an NFL game as a TE, why should you get to use him as such in fantasy?

It's the same thing as fantasy baseball. I got 2B eligibility out of Figgins this year because he played enough there last year to warrant it. He won't be a 2B again next year if he didn't get enough starts there.

Same thing with a rookie. Apparently he was thought to have been a TE, but then gained WR eligibility as well since that's what he plays. He won't be TE eligible next year.

Ok, I say that if you don't have him.......then tough ######. There was talk of Colston being big before the season even started. I picked him up right away.

Strip him of TE eligibility in Yahoo Leagues?? That's crazy. Don't penalize the owners of Colston because everyone else whines that they are losing. What's next? Making Michael Vick a RB instead of a QB?

I sent yahoo an email on this very issue. Below is their response (don't think they're changing his position this year):

Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Players may be eligible at multiple positions during the current Yahoo!

Sports Fantasy Football season. Initial position eligibility was

determined based on past participation and information supplied by the

teams during the off-season.

Players will earn eligibility at a new position only when their primary

position has changed and the change is not expected to be a temporary

one. For example, a defensive lineman who lines up at tight end or in

the backfield during goal line situations WILL NOT earn eligibility at a

new position.

Players will not lose position eligibility when moving from one position

to another. If a TE begins to play at RB, he will be eligible for the

remainder of the season as both a TE and RB.

When a player has earned eligibility at a new position, the position

will be visible on the drop-down position menu on your team roster.

Changes will be made during the season as soon as new information is

available to us.

All players earn fantasy points for all of your league's categories.

Points coming from categories not normally associated with a player's

position (e.g., a kicker who throws a touchdown pass) are called

miscellaneous points and are indicated by a "*" to the right of a

player's point total.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Morris

Yahoo! Customer Care

For assistance with all Yahoo! services, please visit:

http://help.yahoo.com/

Another "Coslton at TE" thread.

We need a new thread about his eligibility every week huh?

Dont be jealous that some people banked on Colston (include me!). I am sure the people who gambled on him considered the fact that he could run both TE and WR. I believe you also had shot at getting him but you didnt. WHy didnt you?

Ok, I say that if you don't have him.......then tough ######. There was talk of Colston being big before the season even started. I picked him up right away.

Strip him of TE eligibility in Yahoo Leagues?? That's crazy. Don't penalize the owners of Colston because everyone else whines that they are losing. What's next? Making Michael Vick a RB instead of a QB?

Hey dumbarse...that's the whole point. He's not a tight end so why the hell would you start him as a tightend.

It's taking advantage of a stupid situation.

It's cheating you moron.

Another "Coslton at TE" thread.

We need a new thread about his eligibility every week huh?

Dont be jealous that some people banked on Colston (include me!). I am sure the people who gambled on him considered the fact that he could run both TE and WR. I believe you also had shot at getting him but you didnt. WHy didnt you?

Would anyone here trade Crumpler/Randy Moss for Colston?

Look at it this way.

Would you trade Crumpler for Colston straight up?

Would you trade Rany Moss for the WR/TE eligibiltiy?

I would definitely swap Crumpler for Colston straight up.

Given how awful the situation is in Oakland. I would trade Moss for the WR/TE eligilibity.....that alone could help you win 2 or 3 games this year.

Can Randy Moss do the same?

:bench:

bingo. if he's never played in an NFL game as a TE, why should you get to use him as such in fantasy?

Just because he doesn't currently play the TE position doesn't mean he shouldn't be eligible for it. If memory serves me correctly, he was eligible to be drafted at both positions in the NFL Draft. I think that qualifies him at both positions. Now, if NO decides to use him differently well that is their problem.

Dont have him in my leagues

Don't use ###### sites that have him listed at TE either

He is a ###### WR.

Not a TE.

How can people be so freaking stupid?

He is a ###### WR.

Not a TE.

Because he could have been drafted at either position at the NFL draft. Why is that so hard to understand? Same deal with Cooley as a RB and TE. He was neither.

What is so crazy for having to put Colston in as the position he actually plays? How would you be penalizing a Colston owner for making them plug him in at his real position? The fact is he is not a TE, he is a WR, and you should be playing him as one. I am not in a Yahoo league but I do own Colston and am perfectly happy with the numbers he puts up as my WR. Every other site has changed him except for Yahoo. I don't blame Colston owners for taking advantage of the situation, but it would not be crazy and it wouldn't be a penalty to anyone, to change him to the position he really plays. It would be fair.

He is a ###### WR.

Not a TE.

Who are these "people"?

The one who is using him as a TE cause he is eligible for that position? How can that be so freaking stupid?

What is so crazy for having to put Colston in as the position he actually plays? How would you be penalizing a Colston owner for making them plug him in at his real position? The fact is he is not a TE, he is a WR, and you should be playing him as one. I am not in a Yahoo league but I do own Colston and am perfectly happy with the numbers he puts up as my WR. Every other site has changed him except for Yahoo. I don't blame Colston owners for taking advantage of the situation, but it would not be crazy and it wouldn't be a penalty to anyone, to change him to the position he really plays. It would be fair.

It's too late now. If the standard has been set, then it should be standard for the remainder of the season. If it is changed, it will be done so next year.

Colston is golden for those of us that are smart enough to pick him up. I own him in 2/3 leagues and thinking of making a trade to get him in that last league. I love having him in the TE position and starting other WR's.

Just because he doesn't currently play the TE position doesn't mean he shouldn't be eligible for it. If memory serves me correctly, he was eligible to be drafted at both positions in the NFL Draft. I think that qualifies him at both positions. Now, if NO decides to use him differently well that is their problem.

If he EVER played the TE position in the NFL I could see the logic here. What position he played in college or what position he was drafted for is irrelevant. We play NFL fantasy football. He doesn't play TE in the NFL.

People who argue differently most likely own him and want to continue using this unfair advantage.

I don't own him and all the leagues I play have him listed as WR. So I'm not biased.

If he EVER played the TE position in the NFL I could see the logic here. What position he played in college or what position he was drafted for is irrelevant. We play NFL fantasy football. He doesn't play TE in the NFL.

People who argue differently most likely own him and want to continue using this unfair advantage.

I don't own him and all the leagues I play have him listed as WR. So I'm not biased.

Exactly. The only people arguing the point that he should be TE eligible are those currently using him as such.

How would you compensate those who made a roster change according to Coslton's bi-eligibility?

I have traded Antonio -Gates away so I could use Colston on TE after week2 without knowing that Colston only play in WR slot. If they move Colston to his WR only position, I am screwed now that I have to get a new TE.

I understand why people are not happy with the fact that he could play in TE, but you have to understand too that people picked him up and gambled on him knowing that he has bi-eligibility. Many of Colston owners already have made stategic move around him, so it is too late for a league to change his eligibility. IMO

I know...why dont you stop playing in leagues that have the STOOPID TE requirements? They should all be WR's for goodness sakes. ... and dont go on about strategy. There is no strategy, the lowest pick guys get the big TE;s all the time and then the rest of the legaue gets to pick from the zero-points club that make up the rest of the TE's.

Like dial phones and carburetors, the TE requirement is old news.... :thumbsdown:

BTW: Colston seems to play WR from what I can see.... :banana:

It's too late now. If the standard has been set, then it should be standard for the remainder of the season. If it is changed, it will be done so next year.

Why wouldn't this so called "standard", be changed? It only stays the same in one league. I use to play on yahoo in 2 leagues and switched this year. We switched because the site is flawed and this is a big flaw. Every other site had him listed as a TE too, but they managed to change the "standard". The NO Saints changed him to a WR, so should FF sites, that is the position he plays. Like I said, I don't blame the Colston owners in Yahoo for playing him as a TE, but if the arguement is whether his designation should be changed, then the answer is of course. He is a WR.

How would you compensate those who made a roster change according to Coslton's bi-eligibility?

I have traded Antonio -Gates away so I could use Colston on TE after week2 without knowing that Colston only play in WR slot. If they move Colston to his WR only position, I am screwed now that I have to get a new TE.

I understand why people are not happy with the fact that he could play in TE, but you have to understand too that people picked him up and gambled on him knowing that he has bi-eligibility. Many of Colston owners already have made stategic move around him, so it is too late for a league to change his eligibility. IMO

The key in your statement is that you gambled on him. Your gamble would have paid off for a couple of weeks but now your busted. That's why you add depth to the position. Any time you leave a roster spot without depth you take a gamble. What if he gets hurt? Are you going to ask for some kind of compensation then since you traded away your depth at that position?

How would you be penalizing a Colston owner for making them plug him in at his real position?

BECAUSE WE HAVE ALREADY ADJUSTED OUR ROSTERS ACCORDINGLY!!!!!!!!

For instance, I have waived Ben Watson. I don't have a (real) TE on my squad. So, if you make Colston a WR only, I'd be forced to pick a scrub off the WW to fill that spot.

THIS ARGUMENT IS OVER! STOP WHINING!!!!

For instance, I have waived Ben Watson. I don't have a (real) TE on my squad. So, if you make Colston a WR only, I'd be forced to pick a scrub off the WW to fill that spot.

That's tough. He's NOT a tight end. Every other site has adjusted accordingly but yahoo is just plain lazy because it's free and doesn't want to deal with the hassle of in season position changes.

I have been through this before. My thoughts:

Yahoo sucks. If they cannot get their player status right, they need to get out of the FF business. I will be switching next year.

The problem with Yahoo is they do not see this as an error, which it clearly is. They make a mistake, and then do not fix it. My request to them was to allow commissionaires a chance to change required positions. I think the most fair thing to do is allow leagues that require a TE to open it up to WR/TE.

When I set up the positions prior to the season, I did it with the assumption that Yahoo could get the player positions correct and all managers would be required to play a TE. I clearly overestimated Yahoo.

Bottom line, Yahoo sucks.

People who didn't gamble on Colston = :banana:

People who gambled on Colston = :mellow:

My feeling towards Colston = ;)

Hearing other owners complain on a weekly basis = priceless

I'm not the one who is whining. As I've said I own Colston and I play on a site that doesn't allow people to basicly cheat. Again I say, are you going to be asking for compensation if he gets hurt. You don't have depth at the TE position, that is your problem and a risk you choose to take. Now you don't have a TE, sorry. What would you be saying if you played on a real fantasy site that switched to a WR after you dropped Watson. I can hear it now, "Hey guys, I heard on FF Today that yahoo will let me still use Colston as a TE. Can we switch our league over there?" Or would you just accept the fact that your gamble didn't pay off and now you have to pay for it.

How come nobody cry for Reggie Bush's eligibility? He has been running in both RB / WR.

The difference is that Bush is a RB who some times lines up as a WR, not a WR that never lines up as a TE.

I'm imagining the scenario where Frank Gore gets injured and Michael Robinson takes over.... and there are owners starting Robinson at WR and Colston at TE. Hijinx ensues.

(holding on to this duo in one league just for the off chance this may happen :mellow:)

Again I say, are you going to be asking for compensation if he gets hurt.

Apples to oranges. With every player you accept the risk of injury. I got Colston off waivers when I had Ben Watson as a TE. I would not have picked him up when I did if he was a WR only. I would not have waived Ben Watson if there was a chance his eligibility would change. It's too late to change it. Period. End of discussion.

Apples to oranges. With every player you accept the risk of injury. I got Colston off waivers when I had Ben Watson as a TE. I would not have picked him up when I did if he was a WR only. I would not have waived Ben Watson if there was a chance his eligibility would change. It's too late to change it. Period. End of discussion.

Every other site's changed it.

It's too late to change it. Period. End of discussion.

Tell that to every other website that did change it. There's only one website that didn't change it. What's the chance that evey other website did the wrong thing, and the only website that lets you start a player in a position he doesn't play is doing the right thing.

I'd have no problem with people starting him as a TE as long as he was only awarded points for his yards and TD's when he lines up as one.

Since he's strickly a WR he should be listed as one and not a TE IMO.

It is what it is. If you play in Yahoo, you have to live with their rules. My Saints experts tell me he NEVER played TE for the Saints but he did a little at Hofstra. How he got listed at TE is sort of a mystery. Maybe it happened after the Saints got rid of Hilton and the other guy (can't remember his name).

I have Colston in a couple leagues run by different groups. He always was a WR and he has been a very good WR. Especially happy in my Dynasty Leagues.

I'm imagining the scenario where Frank Gore gets injured and Michael Robinson takes over.... and there are owners starting Robinson at WR and Colston at TE. Hijinx ensues.

(holding on to this duo in one league just for the off chance this may happen :lol:)

Exactly. I'm doing the same. It's called foresight. If you were a strategy minded manager you would pick these types of players up BEFORE they start scoring. Nobody cares unless they put up points, and then they want to cry foul because your gamble paid off. What is Yahoo supposed to do? Take away the eligibility? How is that fair to the people who took a chance on him at the beginning of the season? Now that he's hot you wanna handicap him? High Risk = High Reward people. Stop chasing the crowd and think beyond next Sunday.

That's tough. He's NOT a tight end. Every other site has adjusted accordingly but yahoo is just plain lazy because it's free and doesn't want to deal with the hassle of in season position changes.

He's not a Tight End, but the rules all of us Yahoo'ers agreed to at the start of the season says we'll abide by their process. Their process says he can be played at either position. It's fair, it's equal, it was agreed to, and anyone complaining now is sour grapes. I have Colston, picked him up as a WW after the 2nd week, but even our commish didn't whine about it as I whipped him by 50 points last week.

It's not cheating, it's not wrong, it's an arbitrary choice made by the FF site of our choosing at a time when it was the best information available. Many such choices were made I'm sure, and they were all made by the same criteria. Again, it's fair, it's equal, and it was agreed to.

Don't like that Yahoo does it this way? Don't play Yahoo. In a Yahoo league and you didn't realize the rules and now you're mad? Quit, we'll keep your $100 in the pool.

In the end, my response to you whining about Yahoo not doing it the way you want is...tough. Seattle can complain about refs losing them the Super Bowl, Favre can complain about no receivers to throw to, and you can complain about this. But winners win, and losers don't. Period. If someone thinks this is why they're losing games, do better next time and quit complaining about those of us winning WITHIN THE RULES.

One last thing...it's FANTASY football...it's about taking players and using their stats in a mythical, artificial manner, and pretending to think we know something about managing a real game. How a site may or may not implement that mythical and artificial structure is of no importance, it's what you do within it. Do better, or be quiet.