Sign in to follow this  
MudDawgs4Life

what has happend to this board?

seriously, what has become of this board. 19 out of every 20 topics here is a who should i start, sit, trade, etc. i'm scrolling down the headline right now and it's ridiculous:

East Coast Storm - inside: thinking about picking up miami D.

If Roy williams plays, will he be effective - inside: don't know if i should start him, harrison on a bye.

Just trade Fitz and me happy

Trading FOR T.O.

Benching LJ and Gore this week

Anyone starting Big Ben?

I gave up DJax, C. Taylor, Culpepper and gradkowski for peyton, f. taylor, mason and scobbe

Am i out of my mind? benching jordan and james for michael turner

would you trade LJ for fred taylor and maurice jones-drew

anyone else benching gore this week

leon washington, worth a pickup and a start?

i was offered thomas jones for TO, should i do it?

of course it's always been like this, but i just feel all of a sudden, it's all anybody writes topics about, their own personal BS. and you're not fooling anybody when you ask, who has better value for the rest of the season - donald driver or darrell jackson? we all know what you're getting at.

To me it seems like people get more responses and quicker. Sure you may get the person who flames you but at least you get your answer. The only way to stop it is if people quit responding on this board. Or if everyone flames the crap out of them. But if people keep getting answers.... it will continue.

Plus what else do you think people would write about.. the point of this website is to improve YOUR team and win FF. 90% of the posts on this board probably in some way help them in relationship to their team.

just my 2 cents

seriously, what has become of this board. 19 out of every 20 topics here is a who should i start, sit, trade, etc. i'm scrolling down the headline right now and it's ridiculous:

If Roy williams plays, will he be effective - inside: don't know if i should start him, harrison on a bye.

Trading FOR T.O.

Anyone starting Big Ben?

I gave up DJax, C. Taylor, Culpepper and gradkowski for peyton, f. taylor, mason and scobbe

of course it's always been like this, but i just feel all of a sudden, it's all anybody writes topics about, their own personal BS. and you're not fooling anybody when you ask, who has better value for the rest of the season - donald driver or darrell jackson? we all know what you're getting at.

Yo MudDawg, who should I start? Gore or M. Morris?

Seriously, I feel you pain.

Yo MudDawg, who should I start? Gore or M. Morris?

Seriously, I feel you pain.

defintely m. morris...st. louis cant stop anybody.

To me it seems like people get more responses and quicker. Sure you may get the person who flames you but at least you get your answer. The only way to stop it is if people quit responding on this board. Or if everyone flames the crap out of them. But if people keep getting answers.... it will continue.

Plus what else do you think people would write about.. the point of this website is to improve YOUR team and win FF. 90% of the posts on this board probably in some way help them in relationship to their team.

just my 2 cents

i'm not even complaining about the situation, i'm just pointing out how out of hand its gotten. and i go in and read the opinions of people if i'm in a similar situation, even respond and ask my own questions (don't usually start topics about it, but if you can't beat em, join em, you know?).

what else would people talk about? sleepers, key injuries, coaching comments, practice reports, interesting statistics (i.e. targets, red zone carries, plays over 20 yards, etc.)...just to name a few.

there's two approaches you can take to managing your fantasy football team, you can 1) do what other people tell you to do or 2) get your hands on the necessary information to make informed, education decisions as you what you think the right thing to do is.

i guess you can do both too.

If a person include analysis with his question it doesn't bother me. They are giving their opinion and it has some value to others. The posts that drive me crazy are the "WDIS Gore or Lewis" with no input.

If a person include analysis with his question it doesn't bother me. They are giving their opinion and it has some value to others. The posts that drive me crazy are the "WDIS Gore or Lewis" with no input.

I just posted my first question ever on the help board. But I have gotten GREAT advice from this board for years by just reading this forum. It does seem to me that there are more replies here & the response is quicker. I don't want to throw etiquette aside but I assume there are a lot of smart ffl people in this forum that wouldn't go to the help forum. You are the kind of people I want see my posts.

I, for one, WILL NOT ANSWER help questions on this board and encourage other real geeks not to answer them here either.

I DO spend about 2 hours a week on the help board each week, and very much enjoy it. I would encourage other geeks to do the same.

I hav ALMOST NEVER seen questions on the HELP board go unanswered. So, my own theory as to why guys post here (other than ignorance), is that they feel they will get better answers here. The solution is for the geeks to not answere questions here, but to spend someof their time on the help board answering questions.

Maybe Mike and the guys should make a requirement that geeks must spend a certain amount of time on the HELP bored in order to keep their geek status. I dunno.

I, for one, WILL NOT ANSWER help questions on this board and encourage other real geeks not to answer them here either.

I DO spend about 2 hours a week on the help board each week, and very much enjoy it. I would encourage other geeks to do the same.

I hav ALMOST NEVER seen questions on the HELP board go unanswered. So, my own theory as to why guys post here (other than ignorance), is that they feel they will get better answers here. The solution is for the geeks to not answere questions here, but to spend someof their time on the help board answering questions.

Maybe Mike and the guys should make a requirement that geeks must spend a certain amount of time on the HELP bored in order to keep their geek status. I dunno.

"Keep their geek status". Mheh, heh, heh. That has got to be THE lamest thing I've ever read here.

If everyone who posted a help question on the help bored answered two the bored would work fine. The problem is that many of the WDISers give no input and don't help others.

Last season I sought and gave a lot of help over on the other board, but this year I've been more independant in my decision making. I love coming here for up to the minute info, but too often you open the FFTB and (as mentioned) 9 of the first 10/30 topics on the front page are team mgt questions. Sometimes direct WDIS, often the same thing in disguise (who will do better this week/this season/etc).

Back in the 60s as universities/hospitals/public spaces were expanded, they got away from building quads with rectangular sidewalks. Instead of laying out a grid they often just laid down sod, and wherever the grass became worn, they then built the sidewalks there. The ultimate go with the flow.

Trying to stop people from coming to the most active board to get opinions on their FF team is a bit like rolling a rock up a hill. You can flame people or ignore them, but you're definately swimming upstream.

I don't know that closing down the little help board would be the worst idea in the world. Is there really any value added in attempting to segregate the boards? Maybe LT members can chime in here - were the boards always set up this way, or did it evolve over time? I understand the concept, we want this to be an information board. FF Today forums are extremly active and it doesn't take long for a thread to roll over to page two. But maybe the segregation is not pragmatic.

If we had just one free for all board - and in reality, this has already happened - the important injury update information or other breaking developments can still be pinned at the top. I guess the chaotic nature of one big board is unsettling to some, but maybe it's time to just acknowledge its too hard to change folks behavior.

Funny you mention this...

Towards the end of last season, when the "DO NOT POST HELP QUESTIONS" message at the top of the message board page, it seemed like that all there was was help questions.

On one in particular, someone had asked a starting line up question and I replied to his post and answered his question with the best of my ability and also added that there was a help board that he could utilize for such questions.

Not only did I not get a thank you for trying to help but I got reemed by several members for being such a stickler for the rules and to relax. One member called me a narc!

I blew it off cuz they were all Rooks, and I just stopped carring if they posted it here or not.

Btw, who should I start? Kasay or Gould??? :unsure:

With this board being the first on the list, it's inevitable that people will post their help questions here. Maybe I'm wrong, but if the site posted the "A Little Help" board above this board on the website, I bet more people would put their team management posts where they should be.

Btw, who should I start? Kasay or Gould??? :pointstosky:

robbie gould has achieved never bench status. he's a stud.

some inteligent responses above. there's obviously nothing you can do, but it just hit me this morning as i'm scrolling through here what this board has become. sometimes you step back and notice change and even though it's been that way for some time, you just hits you all at that one moment.

whatever, there's nothing we can do except start better topics. search for better information to share and share it. reclaim the board.

Some of the WSIS and trade questions add value for me. I found one here today that caused me to propose a trade. I don't mind kicking around starting lineups or value topics. I do not like the bragging BS...because these topics are not helpful. This bored is what it is.

Go Ducks!!!

These help posts definitely shorten the visits to FFToday as i scan all the threads and see so few that are topical.

Free yahoo etc. leagues have ruined this bored.

What is ruined? You sound like a crazed and obsessive loon who feels all things should be regulated with a fee to make others comply with your desires. All hail king dreadlocks34

Trading FOR T.O.

Anyone starting Big Ben?

I agree, it has gotten worse than bad. IMO its killing the board. Once upon a time, FFToday was my go to source for the latest news and to discuss players, trends, etc. Now I find myself visiting less and less because there is nothing but garbage posted. I don't think I'm the only one either. I think it has ran a lot of the more knowledgable posters off. I've definately noticed that on the rare occasion, after wading through the hundreds of BS posts, I find a legit topic of interest, the level of discussion leaves much to be desired. I think the overall football IQ has dropped way down. It just seems blatantly evident any more that the vast majority of posters are immature little punks that really have little if any football knowledge. Its a shame really...

Finally someone understands. :bench:

Don't forget to use that statement in your sig. Since you didn't dispute my assertion, I will continue to believe it as fact.

Don't forget to use that statement in your sig. Since you didn't dispute my assertion, I will continue to believe it as fact.

You must have about a half dozen free teams you are in love with if you don't think this bored has gotten much worse since you joined.

When I actually signed up three preseasons ago we had great debate and there was some helpful information here for a while. You were on here at that time. Now 9 out of 10 threads are just garbage, and mainly because people keeping starting threads about dropping Antonio Gates, should I trade Fitzgerald for Muhammad or I am afraid Michael Bennett is going to threaten Larry Johnson's playing time. Thinking the bored has been ruined at least in part by free leagues is not anything other than true.

I'm with dreads on this one. This place blows. Shouldn't most of this garbage go on the Need a Little Help forum?

This seriously used to be one of the best places around to get opinion, information, and speculation around. I used to visit multiple x daily. Now it's the butt end of a joke.

Anyone know of any other good forums? Or maybe we need more moderators to move off forum/topic stuff to its appropriate place?

Uter Out!

You know, the first two years here it never bugged me. I just didn't read anything that didn't interest me, no skin off my nose. Then for a couple months at the beginning of this season it really got under my skin, in part maybe because we had a heavy influx of arrogant snot nosed punks with no respect for anybody, most of whom thankfully have evaporated. Now it's gotten to the point where we might as well merge the two boreds. After all, FF sites all have mailbag columns and that's considered normal, some find real value in reading them. I believe there may be a technical issue that prevents the boreds from being merged but don't know for sure. I really don't see the problem with scrolling over to page 2 to find fresh exciting topics to read. Maybe the only reason this gets us so upset is just that we told ourselves it wasn't supposed to be that way, but if we never had the rule nobody would ever get so het up about it.

I only come here now when I'm killing time, like right now. To come here daily, as I used to, and spend an hour wading thru 3 pages of BS, post pading and insult hurling, to find a little bit of worthwhile discussion, is not for me anymore. I will return in the offseason though, as, with the WDIS and team mamagement questions out of the way, relevent issues can be discussed by the year around FF people.

You must have about a half dozen free teams you are in love with if you don't think this bored has gotten much worse since you joined.

When I actually signed up three preseasons ago we had great debate and there was some helpful information here for a while. You were on here at that time. Now 9 out of 10 threads are just garbage, and mainly because people keeping starting threads about dropping Antonio Gates, should I trade Fitzgerald for Muhammad or I am afraid Michael Bennett is going to threaten Larry Johnson's playing time. Thinking the bored has been ruined at least in part by free leagues is not anything other than true.

I have cable internet and a scroll function on the mouse. Basically, I read the interesting posts and ignore the rest. Complaining about posts will do nothing but bring ridicule and me. This is a free site and I believe complaining is silly. The mods have the power to regulate this place. If you want happy happy joy joy discussions...go to FBG.

Trading FOR T.O.

Anyone starting Big Ben?

Well as the author of one of the above threads (Trading FOR T.O.), my thinking was to get an idea of what certain player's trade values are. Certainly could be seen as team management question that belongs on the Help board but its close to midseason and trades are in full swing so it seemed proper to put it here.

Plus, the Help board is no help at all. Bunch of rookies. I come to this board for better feedback.

As a test, I posted my same question over there today. Six hours later I have one reply...even after offering numerous nuggets of advice myself...so if you want to know why it is happening its because the Help board pretty much sucks.

I think the biggest mistake was booting MOOSE from the forums. I followed him over to his new board and find myself coming here less and less.

IMO you don't get rid of free information. :D

i dont' even think this is a debate...it is what it is....the only point is that it's not what it's intended to be or what is was last year.

all i know is that i used to come here and i would get an edge on the competition, information broke on this site. fantasy football is all about information, like the stock market. if you can get your hands on the informaiton first, you've got an advantage. fftoday used to provide that...past tense.

I think the biggest mistake was booting MOOSE from the forums. I followed him over to his new board and find myself coming here less and less.

i agree and i did too.

I miss Moose as well and thought he was cool and knew his stuff. Don't know where he went though. Yeah I agree people need to take team management questions to the help board. I usually go there the days before NFL sunday to help people out and don't really ask for return help b/c I make my own decisions usually but like to help people when I can.

For starters, anyone who needs other people's inputs on who to start this week is a quip.

In conclusion, this bored has been homo since it's inception. It's no better or worse than it ever has been. It has always been free, stupid, filled with morons(including myself) and most importantly... shut down on football Sundays. It's all part of the charm.

The solution to this is simple and has been brought up many many times.

MORE MODS!!

Mike and Mike are way too busy to really manage this very busy board. A board with this much traffic really needs 4 or 5 active mods to constantly move/delete threads and ban a-holes.

You also must realize that there are two completely different (yet oddly similar) groups of people who post these threads. The first is the people that are just too stupid to know any better. It isn't even that they don't want to follow the rules, they're just completely oblivious. The other group is the standard "noone helps on the help board" idiots. If they all posted and helped one another on the correct board the problem would resolve itself. Although they're different you can probably tell they're both equally stupid. We are afterall, talking about people who can't even manage their own fantasy football teams. Just think about what a struggle it must be for them to make real life decisions.

Unfortunately I don't see Mike (or Mike) getting a few more mods and we all know people will continue to be stupid. All we can do is ignore the threads and make fun of them in threads like this.

:cheers:

seriously, for every 2-3 WSIS topics there is a "wrong board" topic. And the "wrong board" topic is infinatly more annoying than wsis topics. WE ALL FOCKING KNOW IT'S THE WRONG FOCKING BOARD!!! WE GET IT!!! WE UNDERSTAND!!! STOP TELLING EVERYONE THIS!!!

People will post regardless on what anyone tells them about the wrong board. So enough with telling it. This topic I swear to God has me more frustrated than the last 7 years of T.O. topics combined :cheers:

FF Today Board - ff talk, STRATEGY & discussion

And no, I don't ever post help questions here

seriously, for every 2-3 WSIS topics there is a "wrong board" topic. And the "wrong board" topic is infinatly more annoying than wsis topics. WE ALL FOCKING KNOW IT'S THE WRONG FOCKING BOARD!!! WE GET IT!!! WE UNDERSTAND!!! STOP TELLING EVERYONE THIS!!!

People will post regardless on what anyone tells them about the wrong board. So enough with telling it. This topic I swear to God has me more frustrated than the last 7 years of T.O. topics combined :ninja:

FF Today Board - ff talk, STRATEGY & discussion

And no, I don't ever post help questions here

So true! I wish the Management team would delete these posts automatically as well. I'm tired of these Barney Fifes. :thumbsdown:

Do you want to know why this has become the quote unquote help board because there is no line of distinction between the two boards. The whole idea of trying to divide the two was completely focking assinine to begin with. What you people who advocated the two boards wanted was a private little FOOTBALL discussion board without being nagged by fantasy football questions. However the average joe doesn't want to be in a geeky little clique; he just wants to talk about FANTASY FOOTBALL. All of the supposed ###### that is supposed to go on the Help Board is the FOCKING FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION.

You want better clarity about how to define these two boards, how about: FOOTBALL TALK / FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK.

Here there is a better line of distinction about the two boards. This way all the prideful arrogant people who don't have time to help anyone else can go talk football. There the forum police can carefully expurgate all fantasy football talk. The rest of us who want to joke around and have fun who want to talk about fantasy football (and football too) can hang around the other board.

Sorry about the flames, I enjoy this board alot. However this situation here always bugged the hell out of me.

OK - I read the 1st page of this thread and there were a few good points and excuse me if this point was made somewhere on the 2nd page, but I just didn't care enough to read the entire thread. WSIS threads would disappear if no one responded. Obviously, no one would post them if they didn't get help, but more importantly, they would slip off the front page if no one bumped them by saying, "wrong bored @ss clown!" So, just don't respond at all - that helps more than calling people out.

The only way to stop it is if people quit responding on this board.

Sime time out bannings and good bored management would work well.

The "A Little Help" bored is a joke. I spent anhour and a half answering help topics and at the bottom of each one I left a link to my WSIS question. Guess how many answers I got. 2

We are afterall, talking about people who can't even manage their own fantasy football teams. Just think about what a struggle it must be for them to make real life decisions.

Now that was harsh. Hysterical, but harsh.

:unsure:

Guest MUGS

some of the problem is people do not use the search feature to check on specific players for info here

The other problem, is not enough "Geek" help from here on the help board, I usually go over Sundays but have a borrowed computer due to lightening hit, will have to wait for me until I break down and buy a new one