Sign in to follow this  
Snoopy1

Friggin Vet

So I bring the cat to the vet for a tooth extraction. First thing the damn thing cost more then 2 car payments.

Then as I'm leaving. "Oh you have to orally give the cat, 2 doses of this medicine for 1 week. Just fill it to .7ML and open her mouth and push the plunger".

Oh yeah, that's so easy, cause the cat just loves to be pinned down and have a syringe forceable shoved down her throat and some medice shot into her stomache. I'm sending a bill to the vet for the stiches I'm going to need from the damn animal ripping all the flesh off my arms.

You mean some guy who dropped out of high school so he could smoke weed with his friends is entitled to free health care? :doublethumbsup:

No one is entitled to ANYTHING. You want health care. Get a focking job and pay for it yourself. You want to eat? Get a focking job and pay for it yourself. HTFH.

Good Luck

Cat = Evil

Dog = Good

So I bring the cat to the vet for a tooth extraction. First thing the damn thing cost more then 2 car payments.

You're still paying off your '87 Yugo?

Supply and demand. Pure and simple. The vet is charging you out the a$$ because he/she can. The shut-in/fat/ugly women that own cats will pay whatever it takes to keep Fluffy alive.

You are silly for:

1. Having a cat in the first place

2. Paying for a tooth extraction for a cat. Blue juice is cheaper and you would both be better off :doublethumbsup:

You are silly for:

2. Paying for a tooth extraction for a cat. Blue juice is cheaper and you would both be better off :lol:

:doublethumbsup:

Then as I'm leaving. "Oh you have to orally give the cat, 2 doses of this medicine for 1 week. Just fill it to .7ML and open her mouth and push the plunger".

Oh yeah, that's so easy, cause the cat just loves to be pinned down and have a syringe forceable shoved down her throat and some medice shot into her stomache. I'm sending a bill to the vet for the stiches I'm going to need from the damn animal ripping all the flesh off my arms.

Here's how you do it:

1) Prepare the syringe with medicine.

2) Lift Kitty up by the scruff of her neck. It is important that she be completely off the ground or any surface so that she cannot push off or get leverage.

3) If Kitty will not open her mouth, blow on her nose. This usually works.

4) Insert syringe

5) Slowly depress plunger (do not shoot down poor Kitty's throat all at once)

6) Massage Kitty's throat to ensure she swallows medicine

While you might feel cruel hoisting your precious Fluffy up by her neck and holding her like that for a while, it protects you from injury and does not hurt her one bit. In fact, it is safer than trying to restrain her - she could actually injure herself trying to escape your grasp.

Man, that sucks. I had to do a similar thing for my cat, but I lucked out. I have the laziest cat in the history of the world. He just sat there and took it. :blink:

Good luck. Do all the things that recidivist suggested and if that doesn't work, put on some body armor.

Here's how you do it:

1) Prepare the syringe with medicine.

2) Lift Kitty up by the scruff of her neck. It is important that she be completely off the ground or any surface so that she cannot push off or get leverage.

3) If Kitty will not open her mouth, blow on her nose. This usually works.

4) Insert syringe

5) Slowly depress plunger (do not shoot down poor Kitty's throat all at once)

6) Massage Kitty's throat to ensure she swallows medicine

While you might feel cruel hoisting your precious Fluffy up by her neck and holding her like that for a while, it protects you from injury and does not hurt her one bit. In fact, it is safer than trying to restrain her - she could actually injure herself trying to escape your grasp.

Thanks, that made it a lot easier! I can't belive how fast that went, first time I tried it took me 5 minutes and a scratched up arm to get her to take the meds plus one very stressed cat. Doing it your way I accomplished the whole thing in 20 seconds and she was fine, I sat down afterwards and she jumped right into my lap.

Seriously, thanks so much. I've been around cats my whole life and nobody told me how to administer meds! :banana: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Patriotsfatboy1 Posted Yesterday, 01:47 PM

Supply and demand. Pure and simple. The vet is charging you out the a$$ because he/she can. The shut-in/fat/ugly women that own cats will pay whatever it takes to keep Fluffy alive.

You are silly for:

2. Paying for a tooth extraction for a cat. Blue juice is cheaper and you would both be better off laugh.gif

I'll never understand how people would think that one animal is better then another. I don't think people who choose dogs are silly, or that dogs are bad animals.

For my lifestyle the choice to have cats makes the most sense. I like animals, enjoy being around them, but I keep erractic hours & have to travel for my job usually once or twice a month. Cats can handle that, where as it would be cruel to do that to dogs who need a regular time schedule.

As far as paying for the tooth extraction, well when I took on the responsiblity to care for the animals, that includes maintaining there health. If your dog was in pain from a bad tooth I'm sure you would do the same thing. :unsure: