Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Just got an iPod Nano yesterday

Early reviews are positive. :ninja:

I got an 8 gig. It's the same price as a 20 gig regular iPod, but it's much lighter and more portable and I'll be using it on walks and at the gym so I figured it would be a better drive. So far liking it very much. It holds 2,000 songs (assuming each song is 4 mins. long), almost exactly the amount of music I have on my laptop. The display is very nice and easy to figure out. It takes much less time to upload songs than it did on my old iPod shuffle. For $250 I feel like I got my money's worth.

TIA.

Early reviews are positive. :ninja:

I got an 8 gig. It's the same price as a 20 gig regular iPod, but it's much lighter and more portable and I'll be using it on walks and at the gym so I figured it would be a better drive. So far liking it very much. It holds 2,000 songs (assuming each song is 4 mins. long), almost exactly the amount of music I have on my laptop. The display is very nice and easy to figure out. It takes much less time to upload songs than it did on my old iPod shuffle. For $250 I feel like I got my money's worth.

TIA.

I'll prolly put it on my Christmas list.

;)

I thought about adding it to my X-Mas list but my other iPod just broke and I couldn't live without one that long - I have a mile walk to and from work and listen to it constantly at the office. I also don't have a stereo anymore so I plug my speakers directly into my laptop or iPod.

One thing I didn't mention - most album covers appear on the Nano screen as part of the display. Looks pretty cool.

It takes much less time to upload songs than it did on my old iPod shuffle. For $250 I feel like I got my money's worth.

I think with the new iTunes and the new upgrades they just put out, the shuffle along with the other iPods are loading faster than ever. Even with sound check turned on (which used to slow it down to a crawl), my Shuffle just loaded 80 songs in about a minute or two. :dunno:

Early reviews are positive. :dunno:

TIA.

[edjr]You could of got it cheaper next year :banana: [/edjr]

I think with the new iTunes and the new upgrades they just put out, the shuffle along with the other iPods are loading faster than ever. Even with sound check turned on (which used to slow it down to a crawl), my Shuffle just loaded 80 songs in about a minute or two. :dunno:

Could be - I just added iTunes 7.0. Maybe that was the problem?

One thing I'll say that sucks about iPod/Tunes though - they're now trying to restrict the number of machines you can play purchased songs on, so every now and then you'll actually have to enter a code to play tracks you've already purchased. Not a huge deal but I'm absolutely going to back up everything I buy online on CD. Pisses me off that Apple thinks it can restrict what you do with music you bought.

Could be - I just added iTunes 7.0. Maybe that was the problem?

One thing I'll say that sucks about iPod/Tunes though - they're now trying to restrict the number of machines you can play purchased songs on, so every now and then you'll actually have to enter a code to play tracks you've already purchased. Not a huge deal but I'm absolutely going to back up everything I buy online on CD. Pisses me off that Apple thinks it can restrict what you do with music you bought.

They've alawys done that. I think you get up to 5 machines. If it's a huge issue, burn it to a disk, and then you can play it about anywhere. That seems to work for me. Other than that, just don't buy form iTunes or don't worry about it.

They've alawys done that. I think you get up to 5 machines. If it's a huge issue, burn it to a disk, and then you can play it about anywhere. That seems to work for me. Other than that, just don't buy form iTunes or don't worry about it.

I only just began buying songs off iTunes so I never noticed. One annoying thing though - a few times recently it's asked me for a password to authorize the same laptop but when I entered the (correct) password it doesn't read it. The whole system seems a little buggy and I don't trust it - I'll burn everything I buy on iTunes as backup, and I'd sooner buy a $12 CD than a $10 "album" on iTunes. It's good for individual tracks and checking out music I might otherwise not buy, though.

I only just began buying songs off iTunes so I never noticed. One annoying thing though - a few times recently it's asked me for a password to authorize the same laptop but when I entered the (correct) password it doesn't read it. The whole system seems a little buggy and I don't trust it - I'll burn everything I buy on iTunes as backup, and I'd sooner buy a $12 CD than a $10 "album" on iTunes. It's good for individual tracks and checking out music I might otherwise not buy, though.

That's weird. I've never had any problems like that with what I've bought. Once I've authorized it one time, it's good to go.

Convert all your music to .mp3s

I bought the iPod Nano back in August. I think I bought the 1 Gig. Can't remember, but it only holds about 250 songs which is more than enough for me. Anyway in August it was $150 and I recently saw that the price for that size dropped to $120, so Cdumb was right that the price will drop soon.