Sign in to follow this  
Yer mom

***Official College Football Wagering Thread***

It's a necessity, but I'm not liking my chances. I'm still having a hard time getting over that debacle in the Texas game.

If it makes you feel any better....7-0 Hawaii...just returned the kickoff!! :pointstosky:

If it makes you feel any better....7-0 Hawaii...just returned the kickoff!! :pointstosky:

Hard to get too excited...I still need 66 points!!! I'm hoping there's at least a total in the 40s by halftime.

Where you getting updated stats?

Hard to get too excited...I still need 66 points!!! I'm hoping there's at least a total in the 40s by halftime.

Where you getting updated stats?

I bought that ESPN game package last week, watching it live....I will update you...

It's all good. Seriously. :shocking: :pointstosky:

Honestly, I was going to bash you and then thought better about it because I know you weren't talking down to me and your intentions might have been good (which they obviously were). I'm glad I held back.

I guess I've just become jaded by my success to date and forgot it was indeed possible to sh!t the bed. In addition to losing most of my games, I also made some stupid decisions when I did win (had BYU -9 and then threw money on BYU -3 in the 2nd half which lost). I easily won Texas Tech-Texas Over 27.5 for the first half and then let it ride on Over 28 for the second half. I did the one thing smart gamblers should never do: Chase their losses. And it bit me in the ass hardcore today.

No matter how well you're doing, it's inevitable to hit a losing streak. If there's a bright side, it's that I've kept my units relatively the same since the season started (if this was the week I chose to double up, I'd be completely tapped). Pushing the referral system seems innocent when things are going well, but can certainly come across as desparate and annoying after a bad day (OK, it's both of those things when things are going well, too.)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and discussing this rationally like an adult!

I was not talking down to you at all, so I am glad we have that cleared up. Just trying to point out that this gambling chit bites all of us. Today pissed me off as well... as if you couldn't tell by my earlier post. I haven't hit a major cold patch yet this year, but I have basically been hovering around even. I can't get any momentum. Had one real great week. Other than that, a lot of days like today... 4-6!

I have to say though, there are a lot of great handicappers in this forum. I have actually found this thread to be the most insightful place for college football wagering information... and it is a fantasy football thread. Go figure.

And Texas really pissed me off as well... Add Florida to that list too!!

:rolleyes: 21-7 Rainbows!!! This is too fun, pace as expected thus far....

How much time's left?

You think you'll be taking anything in the 2nd half?

How much time's left?

You think you'll be taking anything in the 2nd half?

11:37 2nd quarteer, Idaho ball on Hawaii 15...probably get field goal.

One miracle at a time my friend!! I am watching the game so if there is any indication of a strong 2nd half paly I will certainly let you know...

Missed FG :rolleyes: ......Personal foul Hawaii :D ....

Made FG...21-10 10:43 Left 2nd qtr.

28-10 6:07 left 2nd qtr... :rolleyes:

Wait...under review...

Damn...overturned

Scored anyway :D

35-10 Rainbows....23 seconds left in 2nd qtr.. :rolleyes:

C'mon late fluke score... :D

Guess I can't complain about 45 first half points. Just hope Hawaii keeps it going long enough to put up another 4 touchdowns (and conversions).

And after Texas Tech-Texas had 52 points in the 1st half, you could understand that I'm not counting up the dollars yet.

C'mon late fluke score... :D

Guess I can't complain about 45 first half points. Just hope Hawaii keeps it going long enough to put up another 4 touchdowns (and conversions).

And after Texas Tech-Texas had 52 points in the 1st half, you could understand that I'm not counting up the dollars yet.

Halftime

Exactly...4 TD's to go aint bad though for this type of game...

2nd Half:

Hawaii -10.5 32

hmmmm...lemme think here........

Only taking something if you feel it's important to hedge (knowing my current state). Otherwise, I'll just stand pat...and hope...a lot!

Vegas faded me so hard on this play they pretty much all but guaranteed an under....

Smart mans play is to hold out and hope for the points we need...

Although I do think it will go over in the 2nd half!! Greed must take a backseat....Idaho's offense while moving the ball without issues is seriously struggling in the red zone. Hoping to get there......

Good Luck!! :D

I'm taking the fact that Olympic reposted the halftime line as a sign that I should consider cutting my losses:

Put half the If Bet on Under 31. If there's any justice, the 2nd half total will be 28, 29, or 30. But I guess there's no harm in 27 or 31. Just no more and no less...please.

Ah, puzzy betting at it's most pathetic! :D

Good luck. I don't think I'll make it to stay up past the 3rd qtr.

I'm taking the fact that Olympic reposted the halftime line as a sign that I should consider cutting my losses:

Put half the If Bet on Under 31. If there's any justice, the 2nd half total will be 28, 29, or 30. But I guess there's no harm in 27 or 31. Just no more and no less...please.

Ah, puzzy betting at it's most pathetic! :D

Good luck. I don't think I'll make it to stay up past the 3rd qtr.

Good Luck dude!! :D

How much time left? Was that another kickoff?

Now there is 6:20...Hawaii ball at their own 20. Idaho went on 4th...got the first and fumbled in the red zone :( Idaho lookin veeeeery bad.....

Now there is 6:20...Hawaii ball at their own 20. Idaho went on 4th...got the first and fumbled in the red zone :( Idaho lookin veeeeery bad.....

That blows.

Did the Hawaii kicker really miss the PAT?

That blows.

Did the Hawaii kicker really miss the PAT?

Yeah...sorry about that, forgot to mention.

TD Hawaii....48-10

Maybe that missed PAT keeps you under 31?? That would be a pretty sweet middle if you get that :(

Yeah...sorry about that, forgot to mention.

TD Hawaii....48-10

Maybe that missed PAT keeps you under 31?? That would be a pretty sweet middle if you get that :(

At this point, only Hawaii would take FGs, so I would need at least one of them to have a shot at the middle.

Two TDs, 1 or 2 PATs, and a FG would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

At this point, only Hawaii would take FGs, so I would need at least one of them to have a shot at the middle.

Two TDs, 1 or 2 PATs, and a FG would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

End of 3rd qtr

Yeah seriously...this is gonna be tough. Idaho has packed it in, backups on offense and Colt Brennan has been replaced by his back up......

Is THIS what Vegas saw coming??? :(

End of 3rd qtr

Yeah seriously...this is gonna be tough. Idaho has packed it in, backups on offense and Colt Brennan has been replaced by his back up......

Is THIS what Vegas saw coming??? :lol:

I guess so. No worries brother. I did enjoy the commentary and thanks to Olympic, I was able to hedge and put an end to this day.

And hey, you never know. F'n BYU stepped aside and let Air Force score at the end of the game (starting at the 15 no less) with no resistance. Maybe The Warriors practice similar charity! :(

I guess so. No worries brother. I did enjoy the commentary and thanks to Olympic, I was able to hedge and put an end to this day.

And hey, you never know. F'n BYU stepped aside and let Air Force score at the end of the game (starting at the 15 no less) with no resistance. Maybe The Warriors practice similar charity! :lol:

Hawaii 55-10. its gonna have to be ALL Hawaii to get it there!

See ya in the Pro Thread!!

Good Luck!! :(

Hawaii 55-10. its gonna have to be ALL Hawaii to get it there!

See ya in the Pro Thread!!

Good Luck!! :(

How much time is left? That's kind of key. Another TD and I'll push the If Bet but win the hedge (which at this point is fine).

Opened up the real-time link pb sent earlier (it crashed my browser first time). I'm all set. Hope you have some good ones for tomorrow!

12:20....Idaho's done....it'll have to be Hawaii. Hawaii wont stop throwing so it may be ok.

12:20....Idaho's done....it'll have to be Hawaii. Hawaii wont stop throwing so it may be ok.

Congrats on your win! I told you that's how it would happen.

They actually went for two...and didn't make it. Damn, that would have hurt without the hedge. Unless I somehow get a FG or safety, I'll have to be content with just the hedge.

Hey, got the over on the interception. Now, I'm pissed I hedged! :banana:

Oy, what a day.

I completely understand Hawaii total dropping a bit, im sure it has everything to do with the uncertainty of Idaho's offense. Purchasing the game package last week allowed me to see that Hawaii NEVER stops playing offense. The game was already decided late last week and with 1:24 (give or take a second) left Hawaii was still trying to score a TD!! Idaho I think will be good for at least 27 and Hawaii should put up about 51. Also, no Idaho game this year has exceeded 68 points which makes the under a very probable play....just not this week by my ruling. we shall see!

Good Luck!! :banana:

Well off on the final score.....but nailed the exact point total!! :dunno:

Congrats on your win! I told you that's how it would happen.

They actually went for two...and didn't make it. Damn, that would have hurt without the hedge. Unless I somehow get a FG or safety, I'll have to be content with just the hedge.

Hey, got the over on the interception. Now, I'm pissed I hedged! :D

Oy, what a day.

Thanks dude, hoping for strong day in NFL....

Good Luck!! :mad:

Coming off a couple of bitter defeats on Friday..

Overall College YTD: 157-140-4; +15.42 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 70-58-1; +23.57 units

CFL: 19-12; +14.15 units

Subject to change. In time order. All for 1 unit.

Edit: I think this is the final card. Any other upgrades or additions, I'll post it at the end of this thread.

Saturday Early

1st H parlay .25 units to win 1.5 units: No Ill (+9.5), NorthWest (+17), Illin (+13) LOSER

Navy (+13.5) LOSER

Virginia (-1.5) WINNER

Northwestern (+30) WINNER

Illinois (+21.5) for 3 units WINNER!!!!!

Temple (+16.5) WINNER

Buffalo (+34) LOSER

BYU (-8.5) for 2 units WINNER!!

Miami OH (-5.5) for 3 units LOSER!!!!!

Florida International (+34) LOSER

Kansas St (-4) WINNER

Ohio St (-27.5) WINNER

Eastern Michigan (+13.5) WINNER

Georgia (+13.5) WINNER

Oregon St (+10) WINNER

Miami Fla (+4) LOSER

Central Florida (+15) LOSER

Oklahoma St (+6) for 2 units WINNER!!

North Texas (+10.5) WINNER

Nevada (-17.5) WINNER

Marshall (-9.5) for 3 units WINNER!!!!!

UL Lafayette (-3)@-105 LOSER

New Mexico (+6.5) WINNER

San Jose St (-9.5) for 2 units WINNER!!

Saturday Night

Texas Tech (+10.5) for 2 units WINNER!!

Arizona St (-1.5) for 2 units WINNER!!

Toledo (+3) WINNER

Maryland (+3) for 2 units WINNER!!

Washington St (+3) for 2 units WINNER!!

East Carolina (+6) for 2 units WINNER!!

Wyoming (+8) for 2 units LOSER!!

South Carolina (+3.5) for 2 units LOSER!!

Hawaii 1st H (-14.5)@-105 for 2 units WINNER!!

Winnepeg (+3) for 2 units LOSER!!

Seems like I have a lot of smaller plays this week. I guess I'll try to improve my win percentage. Good luck to all.

I guess I broke out of my slump, in a big way, picking up almost 20 units on the day. Slumping in CFL as the regular season comes to an end, but when the starting QB gets knocked out early in the 1st quarter, what can you do? This is the second time this year I picked up about 20 units on a Saturday. Which means I am basically treading water the rest of the time. I have to do better than that. The high water mark was being up 45 units in college earlier this year, so I want to top that in the upcoming weeks.

On the day:

Overall College 23-10; +21.5 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 11-3; +16.3 units

CFL: 0-1; -2.2 units

Season summary:

Overall College YTD: 180-150-4; +36.92 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 81-61-1; +39.87 units

CFL: 19-13; +11.95 units

Philly,

Who do you like in the rutgers gameI don't see how you can not play rutgers in this game!

I am passing on it. Rutgers is seeing 86% of the action, and the line is not going up. Something fishy going on there. Rutgers coming off a huge emotional win, possible let down spot. I still am not convinced that Rutgers is all that good of a team. They are destined to lose to someone they shouldn't lose to.

Good luck with whatever you do.