Sign in to follow this  
GiantsRule

***Official College Wagering Thread - Week of Oct 31***

Fock it.

Over 22.5 for second half.

And I think Im taking the Suns -4.5 tonite.

I have officially become a full fledged degenrate once again.

Fock it.

Not as bad as me:

3rd Quarter Over 9.5 (-115)

Phoenix-LAL Over 209

Fock it.

I couldnt help myself...I took the Suns -4 this morning, too good a line to pass up. The line is now -7!! Im not sure why, just glad I got it at -4.

Off to Taco Tuesday!

Good Luck!! :banana:

I couldnt help myself...I took the Suns -4 this morning, too good a line to pass up. The line is now -7!! Im not sure why, just glad I got it at -4.

Off to Taco Tuesday!

WTF?

That line went from 4.5 to 7.5 in literally 15 minutes.

Not as bad as me:

3rd Quarter Over 9.5 (-115)

Phoenix-LAL Over 209

Yeah I thought about the over too. I dont know what to do now.

WTF?

That line went from 4.5 to 7.5 in literally 15 minutes.

Yeah I thought about the over too. I dont know what to do now.

Wow, from a possible touchdown to a FG to zero inside of 10 seconds. Yup. It's a typical mid-week bet.

A rush on 3rd down? Seriously? What a joke.

Do you guys play the NBA by quarters??

Like Phoenix -3 1st quarter?

You guys like that play or no?

no way smu covers, they weren't supposed to convert that 2pt...vegas wanted a nice middle at 4 pt smu win. would love the split at this point but no way no way no way uab will kick a meaningless fg.... :banana:

Nice call guys on SMU tonight I just rode a couple of you on that one.

102-53-8 on the college season now.

Wednesday:

I took Fresno State +23.5

They have played close games the last 3 weeks with Nevada, Oregon and Washington. I will take a risk and the points which is a stretch for me. I usually never bet against Boise St.

Anyone like Phoenix -4 for the second half???

No Kobe!!!

I took the o103.5 instead.

Earlier NBA plays:

1H Pheonix -4 1 unit WINNER

Pheonix o206.5 1 unit WINNER

2H Pheonix o103.5 1 unit WINNER

2H Chicago u94.5 1 unit WINNER

Chicago -2 3 units LOSER

2H Cleveland o99 1 unit PUSH

2H Seattle u99 2 units LOSER

Golden State o204.5 1 unit WINNER

Early NCAAF plays...

Pittsburg -5 1 unit

Fresno St. +23 1 unit LOSER

Kansas PK 1 unit

Indiana +6 2 units

Georgia Tech -6 2 units

Navy -11 2 units

Kentucky +7 1 unit

Hawaii -28 2 units

Arkansas -2.5 1 unit

Virginia +12 1 unit

Wisconsin -7 2 units

Louisiana Tech +2 2 units

I may add more on the Indiana and Louisiana Tech games later this week. Goodluck all

NCAA YTD: 83-50-2

+45.84 units

NBA YTD: 5-2-1

-0.25 units

So Ditka likes Fresno, what does everyone else think about tonight's game? Fresno St. at Boise St.(-26).

On a complete tangent, I LOVE THE SMURF TURF!!!!!!!!!! :doublethumbsup:

I am so focking pissed off about last night's low scoring game, that I am probably going to take a few days off from any wagering. Passing on tonight.

Good luck to all.

phillybear, I saw you said you werent touching the game tonight after the ridiculous game last night but do you have and suggestions on tonights game?

GR...you know my patterns, I dont REALLY like much until gameday unless indicated strongly. Having said that, I would only really consider the following right now:

Hawaii Team total over 46.5

Fresno State +25.5

Too much time until Saturday, just early week speculation right now.....

Good Luck!! :wacko:

Yer mom doesnt that hawaii line scare u at all?? i mean looking at it it looks absolutely ridiculous. I usaully take it when its up in the 60 or 70s but something seems weird bout that one its jsut way to low. But im prolly gonna ride wit you neways and i wanted to no how confident u feel bout tonites pick??

phillybear, I saw you said you werent touching the game tonight after the ridiculous game last night but do you have and suggestions on tonights game?

Some trends to think about:

FSU 0-8 ATS in their last 8 night games

1-10 ATS in their last 11 games overall

Boise is 32-12 ATS in their last 44 home games

UNDER is 10-4 in Boise's last 14 home games

Public appears to be pounding Boise, as expected. With that being said, the line continues to go down. This is the type of line movement that I always try to take advantage of. I love Fresno in this spot, even more so with the suspicious line movement.

I will also be taking the under.

FSU +23.5 over BSU (2 units)

Under 58.5 (3 units)

Yer mom doesnt that hawaii line scare u at all?? i mean looking at it it looks absolutely ridiculous. I usaully take it when its up in the 60 or 70s but something seems weird bout that one its jsut way to low. But im prolly gonna ride wit you neways and i wanted to no how confident u feel bout tonites pick??

Actually man, thats the TEAM total...if that were the total for the game, id probably throw my property title on the over. Not that I would expect a bunch of points to come from Utah State.....

Tonights Play:

Please dont put alot of stock in my picks mid-week (or even once I go cold on weekends for that matter) but here are the angles I see tonight:

Against Hawaii 3 weeks ago in the 2nd quarter, FSU benched QB Brandsteter (sp) and put in Sophmore QB Sean Norton. Norton came in and threw 3 TD passes in just under 3 quarters against what has been a great Hawaii D of late. This was Nortons first solid Collegiate game experience. He started the following week at LSU and moved the ball decently in his first Collegiate start (on the road at that, not friendly confines) against possibly the best defense in college football when at home (LSU) who was also coming off that loss at Florida and were ready to whip an a$$. LSU won by 32. For those who arent familiar with Sean Norton, in High School he played in the same league with Rudy Carpenter and Nate Longshore and beat them both, for 2 years (as Jr. and Sr.) as league MVP....this guys solid. (and hopefully doesnt lay an egg tonight since I just jinx'd him!) Now coming off a bye week with plenty of time to prepare, this interdivision rivalry for FS should have Pat Hill way fired up and his boys as well, as they LOVE the ESPN spotlight...

FS has ridiculous athletic talent, they're skill players can almost matchup with anyone. I think Brandsteter was just too inefficient running the offense. The WR's are serioulsy a poor mans Ginn and Gonzalez with Williams and Fernandez. And Dwayne Wright is a great RB. Boise State has had great success running wtih Ian Johnson so I hope for a lot of running plays to eat clock, keeping it a bit closer hopefully.

I dont ever look for angles to bet against Boise State on the smurf turf, they're just too good at home. I just think that 25.5 (now fockin 23) points against an interdivision rival with a chip on thier shoulder for Primetime is toooo many....we shall see.

Good Luck!!

Lol i didnt even realize that was the team total when i saw it and thougth you guys meant the over under it seemed shady but theres no way i woudlnt have thrown down just bout everything i cuold have on it... thanx tho sorry i mixed that up

Looks like most of the pertinent information has already been mentioned in this thread for tonight's game. I really have no opinion for tonight. I'll probably pass on tomorrow's game too. I'm just going to dive into researching the weekend games.

Good luck.

I took the o103.5 instead.

Earlier NBA plays:

1H Pheonix -4 1 unit WINNER

Pheonix o206.5 1 unit WINNER

2H Pheonix o103.5 1 unit WINNER

2H Chicago u94.5 1 unit WINNER

Early NCAAF plays...

Pittsburg -5 1 unit

Fresno St. +23 1 unit

Kansas PK 1 unit

Indiana +6 2 units

Georgia Tech -6 2 units

Navy -11 2 units

Kentucky +7 1 unit

Hawaii -28 2 units

Arkansas -2.5 1 unit

Virginia +12 1 unit

Wisconsin -7 2 units

Louisiana Tech +2 2 units

I may add more on the Indiana and Louisiana Tech games later this week. Goodluck all

NCAA YTD: 83-50-2

+45.84 units

NBA YTD: 4-0

+4.00 units

Nice job on NBA. Chasing actually helped me recoup some of my harsh losses in that mess of a college football game last night. Hit Over 209, Over 206.5 (I guess the line took a dive after KobMe was officially announced as out), and then Over 103 for the 2nd half. It was a real good feeling to go to bed needing 49 points in the 4th quarter (for 215 total points) to cash everything and then waking up to a 220 point final.

Are you typically this good in NBA? I find it the hardest sport to bet on. Nothing seems consistent. High-scoring teams tend to disappoint with the over and hopeless offensive teams suddenly turn it on when you play the under. And as Miami proved last night, nothing is for certain straight up.

Much like the NFL, I do pretty decent with prop plays, but then I end up rooting for one player to dominate the floor on every play. Gets a bit frustrating (unlike a QB passing prop where you know he'll be a big part of the offense for most of the game).

Looks like most of the pertinent information has already been mentioned in this thread for tonight's game. I really have no opinion for tonight. I'll probably pass on tomorrow's game too. I'm just going to dive into researching the weekend games.

Good luck.

Your a quitter. Just take your ball and go play somewhere else. We don't want you around here no more anyway.

Nice job on NBA. Chasing actually helped me recoup some of my harsh losses in that mess of a college football game last night. Hit Over 209, Over 206.5 (I guess the line took a dive after KobMe was officially announced as out), and then Over 103 for the 2nd half. It was a real good feeling to go to bed needing 49 points in the 4th quarter (for 215 total points) to cash everything and then waking up to a 220 point final.

Are you typically this good in NBA? I find it the hardest sport to bet on. Nothing seems consistent. High-scoring teams tend to disappoint with the over and hopeless offensive teams suddenly turn it on when you play the under. And as Miami proved last night, nothing is for certain straight up.

Much like the NFL, I do pretty decent with prop plays, but then I end up rooting for one player to dominate the floor on every play. Gets a bit frustrating (unlike a QB passing prop where you know he'll be a big part of the offense for most of the game).

I just got off to a good start in NBA. I am by no means great at it, but have done ok every year with the help of hitting some 6 game parlays. I usually do best in NFL and NCAAF. Don't ever follow my MLB, NHL, or CFL picks though. I vow never to bet on my own for those lines.

Oh yea.. I took Bulls -2 for 3 units today. They may be tired after yesterday, but I think they are going to be a really surprising team this year. Plus, I'm betting with the house's money mid-week so I'll take a gut call.

Sorry, have to disagree with the Fresno picks. Boise on a prime time game at home, on the smurf turf has been a winner. If I liked Fresno I would just stay away. Boise for me!

Actually man, thats the TEAM total...if that were the total for the game, id probably throw my property title on the over. Not that I would expect a bunch of points to come from Utah State.....

Tonights Play:

Please dont put alot of stock in my picks mid-week (or even once I go cold on weekends for that matter) but here are the angles I see tonight:

Against Hawaii 3 weeks ago in the 2nd quarter, FSU benched QB Brandsteter (sp) and put in Sophmore QB Sean Norton. Norton came in and threw 3 TD passes in just under 3 quarters against what has been a great Hawaii D of late. This was Nortons first solid Collegiate game experience. He started the following week at LSU and moved the ball decently in his first Collegiate start (on the road at that, not friendly confines) against possibly the best defense in college football when at home (LSU) who was also coming off that loss at Florida and were ready to whip an a$$. LSU won by 32. For those who arent familiar with Sean Norton, in High School he played in the same league with Rudy Carpenter and Nate Longshore and beat them both, for 2 years (as Jr. and Sr.) as league MVP....this guys solid. (and hopefully doesnt lay an egg tonight since I just jinx'd him!) Now coming off a bye week with plenty of time to prepare, this interdivision rivalry for FS should have Pat Hill way fired up and his boys as well, as they LOVE the ESPN spotlight...

FS has ridiculous athletic talent, they're skill players can almost matchup with anyone. I think Brandsteter was just too inefficient running the offense. The WR's are serioulsy a poor mans Ginn and Gonzalez with Williams and Fernandez. And Dwayne Wright is a great RB. Boise State has had great success running wtih Ian Johnson so I hope for a lot of running plays to eat clock, keeping it a bit closer hopefully.

I dont ever look for angles to bet against Boise State on the smurf turf, they're just too good at home. I just think that 25.5 (now fockin 23) points against an interdivision rival with a chip on thier shoulder for Primetime is toooo many....we shall see.

Good Luck!!

Ok I want to chime in on this one since Philly isn't. I believe the play is the over tonight and if it falls to 21 I am also going to say Boise. Boise has gone over in its last 3 and 4 of last 5. Fresno is 0-7 against the spread this year with a 1-6 overall record and Boise is 3-4 but 2-1 at home. Fresno is not the same team as last year or years past. Fresno is 130th against the pass, 87th against the run and is 125th points given up at 32.1 points. Boise is 4th in the nation at 39.8 points and 45.8 points at home. If Fresno scores 14 points it will be an easy over. This is a big revenge game and Boise needs a blowout to prove their worth.

Some trends to think about:

Public appears to be pounding Boise, as expected. With that being said, the line continues to go down. This is the type of line movement that I always try to take advantage of. I love Fresno in this spot, even more so with the suspicious line movement.

I will also be taking the under.

FSU +23.5 over BSU (2 units)

Under 58.5 (3 units)

Just exactly my thought. I will also put some dough on FSU.

Ok I want to chime in on this one since Philly isn't. I believe the play is the over tonight and if it falls to 21 I am also going to say Boise. Boise has gone over in its last 3 and 4 of last 5. Fresno is 0-7 against the spread this year with a 1-6 overall record and Boise is 3-4 but 2-1 at home. Fresno is not the same team as last year or years past. Fresno is 130th against the pass, 87th against the run and is 125th points given up at 32.1 points. Boise is 4th in the nation at 39.8 points and 45.8 points at home. If Fresno scores 14 points it will be an easy over. This is a big revenge game and Boise needs a blowout to prove their worth.

Excellent points. However, as I said last night, I am never taking an over during the week ever again. I just can't trust these supposed "shootouts" to materialize on a non-Saturday. Can't quite explain why.

Now that I'm staying away, I'm fully anticipating a 62-24 final ... to show me just how stupid I am and to ensure that I don't cover my 24.5!

I am on Fresno State only because they have played good opponents tough the last 3 games.

I dont understand that. Fresno has played Utah St. and lost 13-12 and was favored by 25. Was down to Hawaii at home 62-23 at the end of the third quarter and Lost to at LSU team that had 10 different people run the ball. I have made a lot of money on agreeing with your picks Ditka but this one I dont agree with. Its hard not to go with Fresno because of years past but Boise is rolling and Fresno isn't

No argument from me! ALL the statistical breakdowns indicate a blowout in Boise States favor, hard to go agaist the stats! The reasons FSU may be in this game are as follows:

-Changing of QB (Much better one)

-Brutal schedule during turmoil times assure you to lose(with exception of Utah State and Colo ST)

-Skill position players (Offense) on FS side of the ball

-Season can be completely salvaged (with possibility of bowling still) winning this game and the rest thereafter (Major incentive factor here) This IS FSU's superbowl! And they've had 2 weeks to prepare.

-Interdivision rivalries are quite often not blowouts despite one team sucking for the season and the other not.

Still, everything else in in Boise's favor so taking Boise State is not a bad call whatsoever because seasonal stats are fact. Boise is bada$$ at home and can destroy anyone at anytime on the blueturf. Using stats and trends more often than not lead to wins. I just expect a "smack you in the mouth" ground game from both teams trying to establish dominance in the trenches, which when Boise State has the ball they should do easily against FSU front. Im looking for the same from the FSU O-line on the Boise State D-line which will be difficult, but again because of implications they show up here tonight. Will be exciting none the less!!

Good Luck!! :unsure:

NBA YTD: 0-0

All for 1 unit

Edit: New Jersey (-7) Winner

Boston (-3) Loser

Sacramento (+5.5) Loser

Washinton (+6) Winner

Utah (+1) Winner

Seattle (-9) Loser

Phoenix (-4) Winner

Edit: Golden St (-7) Loser

NBA YTD: 0-0

All for 1 unit

Boston (-3)

Sacramento (+5.5)

Washinton (+6)

Utah (+1)

Seattle (-9)

Phoenix (-4)

Congrats on your 15001'st post!!! :wacko:

Thanks for posting your NBA picks as well. How do you do in NBA? I may start riding you in NBA as well this year. Goodluck

Thanks for posting your NBA picks as well. How do you do in NBA? I may start riding you in NBA as well this year. Goodluck

I'm wildly inconsistent.

I used to do pretty well at college hoops, my best betting sport, but not so much the last two years.

Fresno State +24.5

NBA - Bulls -1.5

Boise State Team Over 42 (+110) - I keep telling myself "it's not the same thing", but it is. This is simply a middle opportunity. If Fresno can get 21-28 in the 1st quarter, I'll hedge when the team totals come out at halftime. Also, I'm taking this hoping I can't lose both bets. I can't see Boise covering if they don't score 42 in a blowout. Just another senseless theory.

Glutton for punishment, I know. Good luck to all. B)

Boise State Team Over 42 (+110)[/b] - If Fresno can get 21-28 in the 1st quarter :banana:

I can't see Boise covering if they don't score 42 in a blowout. Just another senseless theory.

Glutton for punishment, I know. Good luck to all. :banana:

Actually, thats pretty good!

2006 College betting record

120-103-5 +5.804 units

2+ plays 24-26-1 -5.915 units

Boise -20.5@-128 .5 unit

this line dropped too much for me not to play it, bought it down the rest of the way obviously.

Somethings strange about this game so far...are both teams on ludes?? They look really sluggish, almost like their moving in slow motion...dropping passes...WTF??

No Emotion?

Somethings strange about this game so far...are both teams on ludes?? They look really sluggish, almost like their moving in slow motion...dropping passes...WTF??

No Emotion?

93 yard td return!!!!

FRESNO!!!!!!!!

Cover that spread you green V helemeted bastards!!!!!!