Sign in to follow this  
Young_Grasshopper

D for the playoffs

Things look pretty solid for me to make it to the playoffs, but of course, then it gets more serious. Has anyone started thinking about fantasy Ds that have a cake playoff schedule? Right now I'm riding New England, which has been good for me the past couple games. They play DET, @MIA, HOU, @JAC in our playoff weeks. I can see room for improvement though.

Any thoughts?

Pitts D plays Balt and cleve twice, plus Bucs. I think they have a great schdual rest of the season.

Good to decent defenses with good schedules weeks 14-16

Balt (KC, @CLE, PIT)

NE (@MIA, HOU, @JAX)

PIT (CLE, @CAR, BAL)

BUF (@NYJ, MIA, TEN)

MIA (NE, @BUF, NYJ)

That's pretty much the order that I see them. Basicly the only upgrades you could make would be Balt, Chi, or maybe Pitt. Denver has a decent but not great schedule. I would stay put.

okay, you got on your laughing pants? i'm going with the detroit lions... and won't be contibuting much to this thread but will be back come new years to take my lumps... whether it be in gold or to the cranium.

KC and Jax would be nice to have if you can hold onto 2

They match up perfect if one has a tough opponent

week 14

baltimore at KC....think that is a good matchup???

leaning NE/JaX

After trying to switch back and forth and make good matchup FA pickups for the first half of the year... I've now learned to STICK WITH YOUR STUDS. Who cares about matchups (aside from a few exceptions... such as starting a defense playing INDY, don't do it)

With that said... I'm really not crazy about either of my week 16 options. Maybe I'll pickup KC or ARI :dunno:

wk15 option1 JAX @TEN

wk15 option2 SD vs KC

wk16 option1 JAX vs NE

wk16 option2 SD @SEA

Things look pretty solid for me to make it to the playoffs, but of course, then it gets more serious. Has anyone started thinking about fantasy Ds that have a cake playoff schedule? Right now I'm riding New England, which has been good for me the past couple games. They play DET, @MIA, HOU, @JAC in our playoff weeks. I can see room for improvement though.

Any thoughts?

You have 4 weeks of playoffs?

week 14

baltimore at KC....think that is a good matchup???

leaning NE/JaX

You are correct on that, but I am looking at teams that might be available on the WW

Here's the breakdown from week 10 on

Wk 10 KC vs. @Mia = pretty good

Jax vs. Hou = very good

Wk 11 KC vs. Oak = must play

Jax vs. NYG = play KC vs Oak

Wk 12 KC vs. Den = not so great

Jax vs. @ Buf = ok start

Wk 13 KC vs. @ Clev = must play

Jax vs. @ Mia = pretty good play

Wk 14 KC vs. Balt = not a great play

Jax vs. Ind = not good play

Green Bay, Seattle and Cincinatti all have good mathcups and should be availble up to wk 13

Wk 15 KC vs. @SD = don't play

Jax vs. @Ten = good play

Wk 16 KC vs. @Oak = must play

Jac vs. NE = avg play

So overall the next few weeks if you can have both of these teams who may be avail on the waiver wire.. I know KC is in a few of mine playing Oak twice helps.. Wk 14 = not so good

Thank me when you win your league...the answer to the question is: pickup anybody playing Oakland.

Pitt D is a bust this year and I've always loved them for fantasy D. Their pass d is horrendous and gets torched most games. Cornerbacks are too small. Minnesota D is a pretty good option and KC a few weeks as well.

I dont think minny at GB is a viable option. I got NE for Week 15 and as for Week 16 im tore.

As in you can't get Minni or you dont' think that is a good option?

Minni against the Pack is a good option - they give up sacks and turn the ball over a lot - what more could you want?

You have 4 weeks of playoffs?

Yup, two weeks per round, total the points over the two weeks to decide who wins. After trying it both ways, I definitely prefer the two week structure because it does a better job of demonstrating the better team as opposed to the team with the good matchups and lucky plays.

I just dumped the ATL and NYG defenses for JAX and KC. Their schedules work well together...especially weeks 15 and 16.

KC and Jax would be nice to have if you can hold onto 2

They match up perfect if one has a tough opponent

Jax has been my D all year - been a rollercoaster and I'm leaning toward picking up KC or Buf for playoffs.

Both are available.

I'm I crazy considering the Jets?

week 13- Green Bay

week 14- Buffalo

Playoffs (my ff anyway)

week 15- Minnesota

week 16- Miami

week 17- Oakland